St. Edward 2021-22

Yep Butler Goldberg Eaton And the Miller Boys(Ty and Jerrel). I think they should all definitely place and Butler Jarrel have a chance at hosting a bracket I think. That just comes down to who has a good weekend and wrestled well.
You think jarrell beats Euton?

Not a chance.
I think he does. I don’t know if he is the better wrestler but he’s only got to win once it’s not best of 7 series. If he’s has a good day he can but if Euton has good day he will win it. That’s kind of the beauty of states. One good weekend and you have a bracket.

I think he does. I don’t know if he is the better wrestler but he’s only got to win once it’s not best of 7 series. If he’s has a good day he can but if Euton has good day he will win it. That’s kind of the beauty of states. One good weekend and you have a bracket.
Can't agree. Jarrell is a great talent with a bright future, but I've run the simulation and Euton beats him 100 out of 100 times. He's just too solid in all positions. Iowa State got a good one.

JR will get his wall chart (or 2, or 3), but not this year.

Last edited:
please leave the politics and unfounded conspiracy theories out of the thread
...here's a thought/question, if you don't want politics and/or unfounded conspiracy theories discussed on a wrestling forum, why even respond to that comment at all? Change the subject, or simply scroll on...

( Pssst.... I think you do secretly want to discuss politics and unfounded conspiracy theories..... )

Last edited:
The future looks bright! OAC state duals results.
St. Edward defeated Massillon Perry 54-35 1st place match.

• 74 - WILLIAM SCHORK (St. Edward) over Unknown (Unattached) Forf
  • 78 - DERION WILLIAMS (St. Edward) over Landon Pelger (Massillon Perry) Fall 2:02
  • 84 - CONNER WHITLEY (St. Edward) over Carter Stuckey (Massillon Perry) Maj 14-4
  • 90 - Liston Seibert (Massillon Perry) over LUKE GORSKI (St. Edward) Fall 0:40
  • 96 - LINCOLN ROHR (St. Edward) over Seth Cavozas (Massillon Perry) Dec 5-0
  • 102 - DJ OTERO (St. Edward) over Liam Montgomery (Massillon Perry) Maj 8-0
  • 108 - MASON ROHR (St. Edward) over Tyler Ineman* (Massillon Perry) Dec 5-0
  • 114 - Caige Horak (Massillon Perry) over BRENDAN DAVIES (St. Edward) Fall 1:33
  • 120 - Brennan Warwick (Massillon Perry) over FRANKIE PIEFFER (St. Edward) Dec 3-0
  • 126 - Cameron Plotts (Massillon Perry) over LUKE EVENSEN-HEIN (St. Edward) TF 17-2
  • 132 - Louden Dixon (Massillon Perry) over GAGE BUNCH (St. Edward) Fall 1:54
  • 138 - MAVRIK GREGORY* (St. Edward) over Ryan Hoppoldt (Massillon Perry) Fall 0:33
  • 146 - COOPER DRISCOLL (St. Edward) over Noah Stutler (Massillon Perry) Maj 9-0
  • 154 - CAMERON TAYLOR* (St. Edward) over Nolan Dietrich* (Massillon Perry) Fall 3:47
  • 164 - AIDEN PETERSON (St. Edward) over Jonathan Klintworth (Massillon Perry) Fall 1:13
  • 176 - BRAYTON FEISTER* (St. Edward) over Conner Shephard* (Massillon Perry) Fall 0:50
  • 209 - Cody Randolph (Massillon Perry) over Unknown (Unattached) Forf
  • 249 - Antonio Salazar (Massillon Perry) over ENRIQUE GUERRERO* (St. Edward) Dec 5-0

The cupboard is far from bare at the middle school level. The Junior high state dual team if nothing else gives us a pretty good indication of who intends to go to St Ed’s. They’re only allowed 4 fill ins and Coach Sako said the rest intend to go to St Ed’s.

Last edited:
Yep Butler Goldberg Eaton And the Miller Boys(Ty and Jerrel). I think they should all definitely place and Butler Jarrel have a chance at hosting a bracket I think. That just comes down to who has a good weekend and wrestled well.
I dont see how Butler is going to win with 8 losses? Although 106 pounders talent varies from year to year depending on return elite 106 pounders , and ELITE freshman the type who win cadets.

The cupboard is far from bare at the middle school level. The Junior high state dual team if nothing else gives us a pretty good indication of who intends to go to St Ed’s. They’re only allowed 4 fill ins and Coach Sako said the rest intend to go to St Ed’s.

Sorry, had to chuckle at this. So, they are only allowed 4 fill-ins from outside of St Edwards Junior High? Where is that school located?

I'm just giving you grief. From my participation at this event, they usually have one division that is "club" and one (or two) that is community.

I dont see how Butler is going to win with 8 losses? Although 106 pounders talent varies from year to year depending on return elite 106 pounders , and ELITE freshman the type who win cadets.
How many of his losses were to in-state wrestlers? As you know, Ed's has a brutal schedule.

How many of his losses were to in-state wrestlers? As you know, Ed's has a brutal schedule.
I think the only one was to Evan’s at state duals and that was a 5-4 match I believe he’s was a match away from placing at Ironman and Powerade. So he’s a decent wrestle

Key word is intend

This incoming class will be very strong. Not sure how many if any will break the line up next year. Time will tell. Hoping for a strong performance this weekend to set up a run at another title.

Sorry, had to chuckle at this. So, they are only allowed 4 fill-ins from outside of St Edwards Junior High? Where is that school located?

I'm just giving you grief. From my participation at this event, they usually have one division that is "club" and one (or two) that is community.
The interview is on Gohiocasts, (as are videos of the duals actually)Zeb basically said the same thing you did and that’s what Coach Sako said, that they’re all kids that intend to go to Ed’s.

For what it's worth E. Bennett made the state finals last year, I believe with a 14-7 record (or close to that). Butler is right there with the top kids, and certainly could beat anyone in the bracket. Gun my head, I'm taking Havens or Stanley to win it because - man strength. Evans is very impressive too.

Better question, which of the 106lbers is going to gain the most weight after the season? My money is on Evans with Butler a close second.

For what it's worth E. Bennett made the state finals last year, I believe with a 14-7 record (or close to that).
Records are meaningless. Wrestlers are 40-0 going into the state tournament and go 2 and out. The season (at least for the nationally ranked schools) is to get you ready for right now. Sure it's nice to beat a high ranked wrestler. At the end of the day, it's about winning a state title. Good luck to all the wrestlers this weekend.

Records are meaningless. Wrestlers are 40-0 going into the state tournament and go 2 and out. The season (at least for the nationally ranked schools) is to get you ready for right now. Sure it's nice to beat a high ranked wrestler. At the end of the day, it's about winning a state title. Good luck to all the wrestlers this weekend.
Nailed it Mailman!

Records are meaningless. Wrestlers are 40-0 going into the state tournament and go 2 and out. At the end of the day, it's about winning a state title. Good luck to all the wrestlers this weekend.
NOT all wrestlers measure success in terms of what Ed's does. Even with elite programs an individual or team championship isn't necessarily expected to be the end all as THE goal. Records AREN'T meaningless. They are a great measuring stick for numerous reasons. Might want to be a little more prudent when dictating what a wrestler's or a team's measure of success should be, or a wrestler's accomplishment ( ex. 40-0 record).

NOT all wrestlers measure success in terms of what Ed's does. Even with elite programs an individual or team championship isn't necessarily expected to be the end all as THE goal. Records AREN'T meaningless. They are a great measuring stick for numerous reasons. Might want to be a little more prudent when dictating what a wrestler's or a team's measure of success should be, or a wrestler's accomplishment ( ex. 40-0 record).
I guess in this world people aren't allowed to share their thoughts. In the context that was written above, yes records are meaningless. I never mentioned Ed's did I? If you would read Dion I said (at least for the nationally ranked schools). Your record in most cases is a reflection of the wrestler across from you not your talent. Unless your an elite wrestle IE: Shumate Fishback etc. I will explain again. For those nationally ranked teams (and we have several in Ohio) the regular season is a practice for right now. A school chooses to wrestle better competition to get ready for the next 2 weeks. Once again best of luck to ALL wrestlers striving to reach the podium.

Bennett was 17-3 last year, not quite a pedestrian 14-7. But point taken. My son and I always said "if you're undefeated you haven't wrestled a hard enough schedule".

Sted bennett.png

Also to your point are his hard fought 10-8OT, 1-0, and 6-5 wins to win the title. That is knowing how to win close matches.

Bennett was 17-3 last year, not quite a pedestrian 14-7. But point taken. My son and I always said "if you're undefeated you haven't wrestled a hard enough schedule".

View attachment 27201
Also to your point are his hard fought 10-8OT, 1-0, and 6-5 wins to win the title. That is knowing how to win close matches.
LOL....wrong Bennett, good sir! ?
Indeed E Bennett was 15-7.....?

Sorry, clearly i meant this one.............i was testing you.

Sted evan bennett.png

Man, those scores still show a wrestler that can win the close matches. 1-0, 1-0, 4-3, and 0-3. 6 total points scored and state runner-up

I think the bracket above also clearly shows StEds needs to work on their offense. Think how good they could be, as a team, if they were able to score points against the better opponents. Prob the coaching. Maybe a change is needed IDK.

Totally wanted to post this in the StEd threat. lol. Now back to drinking.

1)I guess in this world people aren't allowed to share their thoughts. 2)In the context that was written above, yes records are meaningless. I never mentioned Ed's did I? 3)For those nationally ranked teams (and we have several in Ohio) the regular season is a practice for right now. A school chooses to wrestle better competition to get ready for the next 2 weeks.
1) Nothing wrong at all with sharing thoughts/opinions, but if they overlap with a degree of arrogance then maybe they should be reexamined. 2) Records are NEVER meaningless. Saying that is disrespectful towards the competition especially if we're talking about a 40-0 record. Did you actually need to mention Ed's for us to know who you're talking about? 3) IF we're saying the regular season is only practice for elite teams or individuals, and they chose to wrestle better competition only for the sake of the last two weeks of the season, again you actually can't see the arrogance in those statements? I actually live in a community that is considered "wrestling elite", and although I see the goals being similar, I certainly don't see the arrogance that I feel from some of your posts. Just my opinion FWIW