St.Edward 2004

Green & Gold said:
Fortyeight -- Pierce broke I believe all of George's kicking records. He had a total of five games that he scored 3 fgs, along with the 11 career ints.

Did Pierce have 11 Interceptions? Chris Lepore is still listed as the leader with 11 all by himself.

thats why i'm curious as to paydocks kicking and punting style...i've seen pierce and kleinsmith and think they are two of the best in ohio..did paydock ever coach pierce?

GencoEd,
I'd love to get a copy of the '91 tape. My nephew was a junior on that team. The 14-10 win over Iggy was a great game. That was a very good team led by Darius Card.

I'll trade you a copy of the '93 3OT game for it. Now I just have to figure out where I put it.

Paydock helped his freshman year. Then wasn't coaching his soph year. Brian was coached by Ray and Rob Pelfry the summer before his jr year and also has had success with his kicking shoe. I believe Joe also attended some of the Pelfry camps.

Spongebob -- Brian is transferring. If you pm me I'll explain the details. Thanks for your inquiry though.

After the silly rumor on Kyle Hubbard, I can't wait to read reactions when Al Bubba Baker's real son attends Eds next year. I think he is a basketball player, though. I don't know if he'll play football too.

Bubba's Barbecue Sauce is coming to St.Ed's next year...outstanding! Going to be some good eats in the Caf the next four years!

Edge86 said:
1st Team Offense

3 QB - B. Adams, S. Carney, D. Lavelle

4 RB - C. Williams, R. Stover, K. Farmer, D. Andrews

2 FB - J. Portale

7 OL - J. McConville, T. McCormick, K. O'Keefe, J. Hines, A. Boone, G. Lowe, J. Gresback

2 TE - C.Sestili, D.Tyler

4 WR - M. Angelo, R. Gray, C. Haas, B. Ganor

1 K - B. Pierce

2 KR - D. Groce, H. Nakamura

NEEDS: 1 FB.

Edge86 said:
1st Team Defense

6 DT - B. Flannery, B. Lenart, D. King, D. Card, E. Trapanier, G. Fox

4 DE - R. Bailey, R. Keenan, R. Mirando, K. Andler

5 LB - T. Cousineau, P. Girgash, E. Lester, M. Reichard, S. Lowe

4 CB - D. Groce, R. Story

2 S - H. Nakamura, C. Lepore

2 PR - D. Groce, D. Andrews

1 P - G. Paydock

Needs: 2 CB.

EagleFan said:
After the silly rumor on Kyle Hubbard, I can't wait to read reactions when Al Bubba Baker's real son attends Eds next year. I think he is a basketball player, though. I don't know if he'll play football too.

I heard that he is acutally the son of Paul Bubba Baker who is an accountant in Rocky River. Just another rumor. :laugh: :laugh:

I think this is the info you are looking for:

High School Elite Football Team Camp

Date: Tuesday July 6 - Friday July 9th, 2004

Cost: $125 per person (includes meals, housing, and facility rental)

Alliance is located 15 miles east of Canton in Northeast Ohio.

Sample Daily Itinerary:
7:30 am Breakfast
8:30 am Meetings
9:30 am Practice
Noon Lunch
1:00 pm Meetings
2:30 pm Practice
5:00 pm Dinner
6:30 pm 7 on 7 for skill players, weight room work for linemen
9:00 pm Swimming Pool Open
10:00 pm Coaches Social

http://www.muc.edu/article/articleview/4397/1/73/

Next thing you know, we'll have a crew team!

Anyway, how's the relationship between Coach Mann and Gibbons. I know Mann can be pretty demanding of his athletes time and I was wondering how its going.

Gibbons is helping to coach track. So I think the relationship is going pretty well with Gibby and Mann. In fact I think Mann will have a very positive effect on the speed of the football team.

For those of you who might remember the name. Former St. Edward tennis player Todd Ashdown is now the head coach at St. Eds. He will improve the tennis program quite a bit over the next few years. He is currenently at River Oaks.

EagleSE said:
For those of you who might remember the name. Former St. Edward tennis player Todd Ashdown is now the head coach at St. Eds. He will improve the tennis program quite a bit over the next few years. He is currenently at River Oaks. [/B]

Todd Ashdown was a good guy and graduated in '88. He had some nice rims :cool: to see out of back in '87 as a junior.

2nd Team Offense

(3) QB - B.Misch, S.Joeken, D.McHugh

(4) RB - C. Mobley, T. Ansberry, K.Graven, S. Schmitz

(4) WR - M. Bowman,

(7) OL - J. Reese, B. Laux, M. DeWitt, W. Sawicki, M. Konopka, L. Balough, D. Williams

Did anyone happen to catch yesterday's ESPN All-Time top picks and Busts in the NFL Draft? They started with the best pick ever at selection 30 and followed it up with it's worst all-time pick at selection # 30. When they finally got to to the # 1 pick in the draft (best and worst ever) all-time, worst selection ever was Tom Cousineau.

I guess to pick someone # 1 overall (Buffalo) in the draft and to bolt directly to the Canadian Football League would be an absolute disaster for a franchise. Terry Bradshaw was ranked the best overall # 1 pick in history.

I guess in the sense that he never plays for your team, makes it a bad pick. Certainly there have been some picks where the players are complete busts in the NFL. Who was the linebacker the Browns picked first from DUKE? Was it Junkin? Or something like that?

EagleSE,

Mike Junkin the Mad Dog in a Meat Market. I think he was like the 5th selection overall in that draft.

Cousineau wasn't the worst all-time player overall ever selected at # 1 in the entire draft in my opinion. He was the worst PICK @ # 1 because he never played or stepped on a practice field for the Buffalo Bills. I think ESPN stated it that way too.

Bradshaw is hard to argue against as the best at # 1 since he had 4 Super Bowl rings to go along with several MVP awards.

Mt Union Camp

It's our understanding that Mt. Union is running two sessions, with the Eagles attending the camp 7/19 through 7/21.

Two sessions are necessary as the camp is limited to fewer teams than Edinboro.

Numerous schools that formerly attended Edinboro are defecting to this camp.