St.Edward 2004

Boone continues to be recruited by Notre Dame andMichigan. The Michigan coached visited St. Eds last week and Notre Dame offered Boone also.

I would figure every major college would offer Boone? I am hoping he stays true to his committment (Ohio State) being a huge Buckeyes fan. I would think even if he was solid on his choice that he would still take some visits to places like Notre Dame, Michigan and some others in the future.

osu nike camp

kleinsmith and boone attended the osu nike camp. both did very well. kleinsmith ran a 4.5 forty and did well in the other tests.boone was choseb one of the top ten in the camp.studentsports.com had a greaat atricle on the camp and boone.

Who are you guys playing? St.Eds is one **** of a wrestling team, but they do not impress me that much on the football field.

EagleFan said:
St. Edward Football Schedule 2004

08/28 3:00pm A St.Xavier
09/03 7:30pm A Lakewood
09/10 7:30pm A Maple Heights
09/18 7:00pm H Akron Central Hower
09/25 7:30pm A Warren Harding
10/02 7:00pm H D.C. Calvin Coolidge
10/08 7:30pm H Massillon Washington
10/16 7:00pm A Cleveland St. Ignatius (Byers Field)
10/23 7:30pm H Cincinnati Arch. Moeller
10/30 2:00pm H Cleveland Benedictine

juggernaut said:
Who are you guys playing? St.Eds is one **** of a wrestling team, but they do not impress me that much on the football field.

We kinda stink. We couldn't even win our 5th round playoff game last year. :rolleyes:

St. Edward Student Saves Infant's Life
April 26, 2004

St. Edward High School senior Robert Parkinson made a startling discovery on Saturday after delivering flowers to a church in Fairview Park. As he was leaving, he pulled his van around back to turn around and noticed a bundle sitting by the back door of the church. "I didn't know what it was but I knew in my gut that I had better check it out." He discovered an abandoned infant who had been left out in the cold to die. "I had to act. I called 911 and they got the baby to the hospital."
According to Fairview Hospital the baby boy is in stable condition. Jim McCafferty, Director of Children's Services for Cuyahoga County said, "It was lucky Robert found the baby when he did or this story could have had a much different ending." The County will go to court today for emergency custody.

kamb,

Great job with that information. I heard about the baby in Fairview Park being abandoned, but didn't know it was one of our own who found it and made the call.

The baby was less then a day old and probably would have died of hypothermia had Robert not made the discovery and acted quickly by calling 911. The baby was admitted to the hospital in critical condition.... and has improved to stable condition.

Credit most likely goes to Brian Seiler (sehs.net webmaster and English teacher) and Ron Perger (Public Relations)

This story was all over the news yesterday. They named the baby Joseph. Robert was wearing a St. Ed's shirt when they interviewed him at the flower shop where he works. The woman he works for was almost in tears talking about how proud she was of him. Good luck to baby Joe and thank God Robert was there to be his guardian angel.

CA, no doubt that Robert Parkinson has overcome some obstacles in his life. He's a solid young man who has worked very hard through his life.

Maybe this is old news, but is Shaun Carney going to play for the Air Force Academy? I don't see him on the spring football roster and no mention of him in their spring football prospectus which includes a look at 2004 potential starters.

I believe Shaun went to the Prep school (I could be wrong), so I don't think he would have been on their spring rooster.

Who was the other player from Carney's class that went to the Air Force? One of the linebackers (Westlake Resident) I thought and he was the heavyweight wrestler in the 2002-2003 season I think? Just forgetting his name...gosh it stinks to get old...LOL.

Coach Bill Gutbrod

Coach Gutbrod was introduced last night at the St. Ed CYO Coaches Clinic.

He will not "volunteer", but be the varsity running back coach.

His enthusiasm was evident last night.

Excellent move on bringing in Gutbrod. Isn't he already in our Athletic Hall of Fame (under the category of Most Respected Opponent, or something like that)?

EagleMerc,
I was at the Clinic last night. BTW, a big thank you to the Ed's staff for the Roman Fountain sausage pizza. Being an Ex-Eastsider, I have to say, what a Great pickup for the Eagles Coach Gutbrod is! I was also very impressed with Coach Lombardo & the 4-4 Double Flash Def. Thank you St. Edward for making such clinics available to us in the CYO ranks!

Eaglemerc,

I didn't know you were bringing your daddy on board.
Nice move to bring him into the Nest. I got to play against his teams from '83-'86 and they were all tough. Desmond Howard was pretty amazing.

The addition of Gutbrod means that St. Ed's now has 3 coaches on the staff who have head coached a State Championship football team. That's pretty impressive.