St.Edward 2004

2004 starting lineups and some backups

QB-Gardner, Skozen
RB- Rose, Miranda,Adams (all of u think oliver is the greatest thing since sliced bread and he is very good but oliver isn't going to get the carries u all think he is going to get next year)
FB-Altieri
WR-Kliensmith, Skozen, Mark Dvoroznak, Aerni, Doherty, maybe Casola if he puts on some pounds
TE- Spooner,Reese,Milkie
OT-Boone, Gannon
OG-Thomas,Quinn,Ruggierio,Kuhar, Jay Hall
C-Wisneski,Walsh
K-Kliensmith,Casola

DE-Rawlings, Dvoroznak,Knab,Brodnick
DT- Smith, Kubrak,Wynn,Flannery
MIKE LB-Hyland, Lamendola
AXE LB-Marcellino, Borges
NICKEL-Arcangelini
BANDIT-Reese
CB-Skozen, Reichard, Dvoroznak, Casola, Boyle
ROBBER- Kliensmith
P-Kliensmith, Casola

KR-Adams,Kliensmith,Skozen
PR-Kliensmith, Adams
HOLDER-Skozen

THATS HOW ITS GOING TO BE FOLKS

(subject to change lol)

i cansee kliensmith playing both ways because of his athleticism, but returning kicks and punts...i doubt it and hope not. his leg is too valuable punting and kicking and like last year will probably be the difference in a few games. way too dangerous.

If Adams plans on returning punts he better be practicing on catching with his hands because he looked to have a nice hole in his basket at Massillon against St.John.

I am not at all saying he can't do it, but the team will need someone who is reliable under pressure to catch punts. Fumbling punts will lose games.

Any word on Ryan Adkins and where he might go to school? I was hearing MOUNT UNION a while back.

What's the word on other seniors who intend on playing ball in college?

Edge86 said:
All-Time St.Edward 1st Team

1st Team Offense will consist of: Then repeat the same process for the 2nd Team offense. After completing both 1st and 2nd teams name your Offensive All-Time MVP.
2- QB - S.Carney, B.Adams
4 - RB - C.Williams, R.Stover, K.Farmer, D.Andrews
2 - FB - J.Portale
5 - OL - J.McConville, T.McCormick, J.Hines, K.O'Keefe, A.Boone
2 - TE - C.Sestili, D.Tyler
3 - WR - M.Angelo, R.Gray, C.Haas
1 - K - B.Pierce
2 - KR - D.Groce, H.Nakamura

Defense: Ist Team and repeat the process for 2nd Team. Name a All-Time Defensive MVP.

4 - DT - B.Flannery, B.Lenart, D.King, G.Fox
4 - DE - R.Marando, R.Bailey, R.Keenan
4 - LB - T.Cousineau, E.Lester, M.Reichard, Paul Girgash
4 - CB - D.Groce
2 - S - C.Lepore, G.Wersh
2 - PR - D.Andrews, D.Groce
1 - P - G.Paydock

I need 1 FB, 1 DE and 3 CB's to complete the First Team. Any suggestions?
:help:

At Fullback: I have considered Darius Card, Z.Thompson, Pat Priesel, Jim Konopka, Michael Grier, Joe Kavula to name a few. The guy has to be able to blow up a LB, pass protect and get the short yardage when a 1st down or TD is needed.

No. But for fifteen years I have held my breath every time a Bulldog is back waiting for a kick. Not because of any lack of confidence, but losing a punt usually results in a big field position swing. The Dogs sealed a win over Avon Lake in 2002 because of a muffed punt by a kid from AL. Truth is, I felt bad for the kid (for a minute anyway).

Edge -

Brian Laux needs to be on that list at OL.
Rudy Storie/Currie at DB.
Justin Strzalka was as good as I've seen play safety for Ed's

Laux - who I believe ended up playing at BW could make 2nd team.

Rudy Storie - Is a definite 1st team.

Strzalka - He could make 2nd team. He would not unseat Greg Wersch from the "85 team. Wersch was all over the field. Stood 6'2 and had great speed. Ran the 400 consistently around 48-49 seconds and received a scholarship for football to Miami of Ohio. Wersch never got beat and saved many big plays from happening.

I don't know if I would have Rudy Currie ahead of Lepore or Nakamura at Safety. I might have him as a return man though. He's definately on my all-Eagle track team. :)

What about Kevin Knestrick at flanker? Although he played alot of TB for the Eagles, he went onto be a DIII All-American at MU as a wideout. Eric Krawzyck is another WR who I would consider.

I agree with you about Knestrick and Krawzyck being considered. Knestrick mostly played TB and he improved greatly as a receiver at Mount Union.

I actually thought Krawzyck and the kid who went on to play basketball at B-W were pretty good at wide receiver.

EagleSE needs to jump in and help with some of this since the guy never misses an Eagles game. At least as far back as the early 80's.

EagleSE...Safety - Storie, Nakamura, Wersch, Lepore. How would you rank them?

Brad Ganor I believe has the record for most receptions in a career with 49 over a 3 year span? I just might hold him off of the 1st or 2nd team because he coach's baseball for the St.Ignatius Wildcats. ;) ;)

I think Nakamura was the most athletic and played the position as well as any of those guys.

I think Rudy matched Nakamura's athletic ability, had height and could jump, but did not have the experience....so he really didn't know how to unload on someone over the middle like Haruki.

I think Wearsch had great speed and played the position very well, but wasn't quite as athletic as those two.

LePore was very good and very tough, but didn't play the position as well as the others because he was running the ball on offense all the time. By the end of the season he was very tired and not as effective as he could have been just playing DB all season long.

LePore might have been the best had he not been the tail back also.

So rating these four...very good safeties in order.

Nakamura
Story
LePore
Wearsch

OK... EagleSE is finally stepping up!

What about WR's, CB's and FB's? Anyone else you think should make the 1st team or be switched?

Edge86 said:

1st Team Offense will consist of: Then repeat the same process for the 2nd Team offense. After completing both 1st and 2nd teams name your Offensive All-Time MVP.
3- QB - S.Carney, B.Adams
2 - FB - J.Portale
7 - OL - J.McConville, T.McCormick, J.Hines, K.O'Keefe, A.Boone
4 - WR - M.Angelo, R.Gray, C.Haas, B.Ganor
1 - K - B.Pierce

Defense: Ist Team and repeat the process for 2nd Team. Name a All-Time Defensive MVP.

6 - DT - B.Flannery, B.Lenart, D.King, G.Fox
5 - LB - T.Cousineau, E.Lester, M.Reichard, Paul Girgash
4 - CB - D.Groce, R.Story
2 - S - Nakamura, C.Lepore
1 - P - G.Paydock

I need 1QB, 1 FB, 1 LB, 1 DE, 2 OL, 2 DT and 2 CB's to complete the First Team. Any suggestions?

Rudy played CB not safety.

The safety on that 91 team was Charlie Pluto. The strong safety was Brian Flaherty, and the other corner was......ooh, and I just drew a blank!!:dang: :help:

I want to say Ray....something.

Edge86 said:

Offense: 1st Team

3 - QB - S.Carney, B.Adams,
2 - FB - J.Portale
7 - OL - J.McConville, T.McCormick, J.Hines, K.O'Keefe, A.Boone
4 - WR - M.Angelo, R.Gray, C.Haas, B.Ganor
1 - K - B.Pierce

Defense: 1st Team

6 - DT - B.Flannery, B.Lenart, D.King, G.Fox, Z.Thompson, D.Card
5 - LB - T.Cousineau, E.Lester, M.Reichard, Paul Girgash
4 - CB - D.Groce, R.Story
2 - S - Nakamura, C.Lepore
1 - P - G.Paydock

I need 1 QB, 1 FB, 1 DE, 1 LB, 2 OL and 2 CB's to complete the First Team. Any suggestions?

Need 2 more cornerbacks!

Bob Miranda, Bill Beno, Bobbie Joe Tedesco??? Having a hard time with the defensive backs.

What about Doug Ganor at the corner? He played opposite Groce.

Bill Beno played CB? I know he went on to play at Fairmont State in WVa.

Maybe someone should ask Coach Flaherty what he thinks?

Jazzy Jeff,
Are you talking about Brad Ganor? For some reason Doug doesn't ring a bell.

As for asking Flaherty, that would be a great idea. I haven't seen him in some time though, but my mom runs in to him every now and then at the grocery store. Maybe I will send her to the store with MY list for him...lol.

I forgot about Doug...He would be a nice addition to that list.

I talk to Mr. Flaherty on pretty regular basis...he's my insurance agent. He's still one of the greatest guys that I've every known!