• Marysville by 1-7

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • Marysville by 8-16

Votes: 19 19.2%
  • Marysville by 17+

Votes: 11 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This should be a very interesting game. Being a Darby fan, I was happy to see this great match up is right around the corner and I will be going and expect to see a good, hard hitting game with two outstanding teams!
I attended the Darby vs Marysville game, which has turned out to be the Monarchs closest and toughest game to date. After, Marysville came out jumped all over Darby and built a 14 - 0 lead by halftime. I really thought Marysville would pull away for a blowout but Darby came out after half and put 14 points on board and sent the game to OT!
Neither team played their best that night with the Monarchs having a couple of turnovers and Darby dropping a couple of passes that would have been 1st downs and kept 2nd half drives alive and then fumbled an exchange in overtime that the Monarchs recovered to seal the 21-14 win.
It was a game Marysville could have lost and it seemed to be a wake up call for the Monarchs because they have been on a roll ever since!
Don't know much about SHS except for what I've read on here. I know they a lot speed and multiple D1 athletes but didn't know how dominant SHS defense is!
Marysville is a very good team with pretty good size and more speed then you would think. They are more than a 1 truck pony with Gabe Powers. It's going to be very cold Friday night and that always means, those hard hits will produce more turnovers and dropped passes.

That includes their stadium too, right ? : ) Facilities seem to need upgraded although they may have done that recently as I have not been there for a few years.
Stadium was fully torn down and rebuilt after the 2018 season and was late getting completed for 2019 with 2 home games at neutral sites of Olentangy and Darby. You can google Impact Stadium for more but here is a picture.

1637119027995.jpeg

It won’t- Marysville is open week 3 next year and refuses to schedule one of the Pickeringtons. They know this is their shot

I agree. They have never ever had a player close to his level of talent and someone who means more to a team than him. Prospects at his level might be a once in a generation situation for Marysville.
They weren't afraid to schedule a Pickerington team this year as they beat pick North 31 - 6 on there field. And should have been worse then that. Who knows maybe will see the other Pickerington team in the finals if they can get by UA.

Monarchs defense is better than Springfields and their offense is better than Springfields. Springfield not as good as last year and Monarchs are better this year. Monarchs 34 Springfield 14

And more importantly, no one on their schedule this year remotely prepared them for an opponent like SHS. They really needed to have the experience of having played someone like Wayne, Princeton or Pickerington Central to get ready for this game. That's where I think SHS will have the biggest advantage. SHS's schedule had more diverse competition that better prepared them for this game whereas vice versa isn't true. Whitmer has some speed and they got 14 points off Marysville. Giving up 14 points is enough for SHS to win when you consider SHS's defense is pretty good in the red zone and with goalline stands.
Marysville played at Pick North this year and beat them 31-6. Pick North beat Pick Central.

This should be an interesting game. I saw Marysville play vs Perrysburg. They are damn good. I was surprised SHS only beat Findlay 13-0 and both scores were from a blocked punt and a very short field after a muffed punt. Perrysburg played Findlay in Week 2 and dominated them offensively (Freshman QB hadn't played so I'm sure speaking of Findlay's D). I didn't think Findlay's defense was very good at all, but I'm sure they were playing better at the end of the season.

I'd love to see Springfield's D compared to Marysville's, b/c Marysville's was outstanding.

Another interesting common opponent was Springfield beat Fairmont 17-0. Perrysburg beat Fairmont 14-0 without it's best player. Marysville beat Perrysburg 42-6.

Marysville just seems to be able to beat you a number of ways. Big plays on offense, big plays on defense and they do it on Special Teams as well.

I'm going to take Marysville on this one 21-17, but I think it's really a toss up with how good SHS is as well on defense.

Marysville played at Pick North this year and beat them 31-6. Pick North beat Pick Central.

This should be an interesting game. I saw Marysville play vs Perrysburg. They are damn good. I was surprised SHS only beat Findlay 13-0 and both scores were from a blocked punt and a very short field after a muffed punt. Perrysburg played Findlay in Week 2 and dominated them offensively (Freshman QB hadn't played so I'm sure speaking of Findlay's D). I didn't think Findlay's defense was very good at all, but I'm sure they were playing better at the end of the season.

I'd love to see Springfield's D compared to Marysville's, b/c Marysville's was outstanding.

Another interesting common opponent was Springfield beat Fairmont 17-0. Perrysburg beat Fairmont 14-0 without it's best player. Marysville beat Perrysburg 42-6.

Marysville just seems to be able to beat you a number of ways. Big plays on offense, big plays on defense and they do it on Special Teams as well.

I'm going to take Marysville on this one 21-17, but I think it's really a toss up with how good SHS is as well on defense.
Smoot is all SW District 1st team and SW District offensive POY. SHS has 4 defensive players on 1st team all SW District - 2 linemen, 1 linebacker, 1 safety. And 2 defensive players on 2d team. Their defense is fully loaded.

I get ur logic but springfield beat centerville 44-7 who barely lost to whitmer when centerville played there worst game of the season against them and outgained them tremendously. They both had identical scores against Dublin jerome with most of marysville points coming at the end. Springfield held jerome to -4 yards passing yes -4. The springfield defense is utterly ridiculous.

I
Mostly passing . Marysville runs most of the time . No real passing game to rely on .
It’ll be very difficult to score only running on springfield. They held wayne and ignatius to under 100 yards total. Wayne would’ve been in round 3 if they were healthy

If Miamisburg put up 22 against the Cats, anything is possible.
How do you surmise that that means it's possible someone can get 34 points off of them? No one has come close to that. The defense gives up an average 6.2 ppg. Since Miamisburg, they've given up 7 points in 4 games. And the 7 points really doesn't count because they were up 42-0 at halftime and were subbing. I don't follow you.

How do you surmise that that means it's possible someone can get 34 points off of them? No one has come close to that. The defense gives up an average 6.2 ppg. Since Miamisburg, they've given up 7 points in 4 games. And the 7 points really doesn't count because they were up 42-0 at halftime and were subbing. I don't follow you.
I agree the miamisburg game was a fluke they’re gonna be locked in at this point in the season I’d assume

springfields defense is fast but not discipline enough to stop Marysvilles Wing T. And Springfields offense is not good enough. The QB just running around will not happen this week. Marysville will win big I'll say 42 -7

springfields defense is fast but not discipline enough to stop Marysvilles Wing T. And Springfields offense is not good enough. The QB just running around will not happen this week. Marysville will win big I'll say 42 -7
What makes you say SHS's defense is not disciplined enough? Do you have specific examples of something to support that? The game stats for this year contradict that. They have 6 shutouts. 4 opponents who did score were shutout for 3 quarters. The most points they've given up were 22 and 20. So, where do you come up with Marysville somehow will get 42 points off of them? And as far as SHS's qb is concerned, he also throws. You might wanna check out those stats too. I can agree to disagree with anyone. But at least try to make whatever you say sound a little feasible. Just a little.

Last edited:
What makes you say SHS's defense is not disciplined enough? Do you have specific examples of something to support that? The game stats for this year contradict that. And as far as SHS's qb is concerned, he also throws.
I have coached football for many years. I have access to a hudl account that basically allows me to watch any game. I have watched over this past week every Springfield game and have watched every Marysville game over the course of the season. Springfields Qb is a great athlete can throw well, something he can do that is impressive is throw it on a line from hash to far numbers I have seen him do that a few times over the season. Not many HS qbs can do that. But he isn't very dynamic. I have not seen him once all year run to throw once he pulls it down its all run every time. When I watch this defense I do not see a reading reacting team I see good athletes who are typically faster than there opponents. I see defensive line playing hard and great maybe 1 for every 5 plays. I see a team that does not have gap integrity via linebacker play. They are playing a team this week in Marysville that requires a high level of discipline, you basically have to have someone accountable for all 3 backs every play. I have not seen this ability from Springfield.

I have coached football for many years. I have access to a hudl account that basically allows me to watch any game. I have watched over this past week every Springfield game and have watched every Marysville game over the course of the season. Springfields Qb is a great athlete can throw well, something he can do that is impressive is throw it on a line from hash to far numbers I have seen him do that a few times over the season. Not many HS qbs can do that. But he isn't very dynamic. I have not seen him once all year run to throw once he pulls it down its all run every time. When I watch this defense I do not see a reading reacting team I see good athletes who are typically faster than there opponents. I see defensive line playing hard and great maybe 1 for every 5 plays. I see a team that does not have gap integrity via linebacker play. They are playing a team this week in Marysville that requires a high level of discipline, you basically have to have someone accountable for all 3 backs every play. I have not seen this ability from Springfield.
You mentioned the season stats. I didn't see Springfield play a wing t team this year. So I'm not sure we can just go off the season stats.

SHS's defense held a number of quality opponents to under 60 total yards this year. Against St Ignatius, the defense won the game on a pick 6. Centerville was ranked #9 when they were held to 54 total yards and 5 first downs when they had a running clock put on them. In last week's playoff game, Findlay struggled all night just to move the ball. SHS's defense blocked 2 punts. When Findlay had it 1st n goal at the 1, they turned it over on downs back at the 9. On Findlay's final drive which started 1st n goal, SHS's defense preserved the shutout with an INT in the end zone. This sounds pretty disciplined to me. Findlay had won 9 games, were on a roll with 7 straight wins where they were scoring over 30 ppg and had not been shutout all year.. Today, 4 SHS defensive players were named 1st team all SW District. That includes Delian Bradley who was 1st team all Ohio last year. A couple of other defensive players are 2d team all SW District. I don't see the logic in suggesting this defense suddenly would give up 42 points.

Last edited:
SHS's defense held a number of quality opponents to under 60 total yards this year. Against St Ignatius, the defense won the game on a pick 6. Last week, Findlay struggled all night just to move the ball. SHS's defense blocked 2 punts. When Findlay had it 1st n goal at the 1, they turned it over on downs back at the 9. On Findlay's final drive which started 1st n goal, SHS's defense preserved the shutout with an INT in the end zone. This sounds pretty disciplined to me.. Today, 4 SHS defensive players were named 1st team all SW District. That includes Delian Bradley who was 1st team all Ohio last year. A couple of other defensive players are 2d team all SW District. I don't see the logic in suggesting this defense suddenly would give up 42 points.
How many wing t teams have they played? Marysville has just as many 1st and 2nd team all OCC kids trust me. Not to mention the player of the year.

How many wing t teams have they played? Marysville has just as many 1st and 2nd team all OCC kids trust me. Not to mention the player of the year.
So what? I never said SHS would beat Marysville 42-7. SHS's defense is not going to give up anywhere near 42 points. That just makes you look stupid to even suggest that.

Last edited:
Well I watched every game and you don't have to like my opinion. From what I have seen Springfield won't stop Marysville and they will have a very hard time moving the ball let alone scoring. This game will look alot like the Witmer game in my opinion. So I guess we just gotta wait and see.

Well I watched every game and you don't have to like my opinion. From what I have seen Springfield won't stop Marysville and they will have a very hard time moving the ball let alone scoring. This game will look alot like the Witmer game in my opinion. So I guess we just gotta wait and see.
Again, stupid. Sorry.

How do you figure SHS defense is not discipline enough? And the Offense is not good enough based off of what? Cause they only beat Findlay 13-0? And the struggled against Miamisburg? They moved the ball up and down the field against Findlay just couldn’t Punch it in when they got in the red zone. And If their Defense wasn’t discipline then I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t only be giving up 6 points a game. And if you think Marysville will score 42 points you’re nuts ??