Solon/Euclid week 8 will not be played.

Perhaps the fact that Solon is leaving the GCC next year had some bearing on the decision? Would one of the other GCC schools, like Mentor or Strongsville, have played the game anyway in order to maintain a good relationship with their fellow league member?

I'm surprised Solon did not accept Euclid's offer to play at Solon, as that would give them an extra home game and a better gate. If I were a Solon fan, I would not be happy with the decision to cancel the game.
Solon offered to host and share the gate with Euclid.

Guess who plays Euclid in week 9?
This is the first meeting in a very long time. I'm sure Coach Mac is going to run up the score to show the Euclid administration what they could of had. He was the obvious choice for head coach - but the idiotic AD hired Rotsky.

In looking up Solon, with wins over Euclid (had they played of course) and Brunswick in the next 2 weeks, they could finish 3-7 and maybe even avoid a top D II seed. If they even make the playoffs. Lots of 3-win teams at present in D II Region 5. They probably go out in the first round if they make it, but still, they do have something to play for. Has Solon arranged a game for Friday?

People who know me know what a high school junkie I am. I'm a Euclid alum and my children went to VASJ. Euclid has had post game issues for awhile - but it was always after basketball games. I would have to leave with a few minutes left in the game in an attempt to protect my kids and myself from any trouble. Most of the time according to the police the trouble was from non Euclid students. The police finally started staging cars in the parking lot and dogs at the exits.

The issues now however are being caused by Euclid students and residents. It's pathetic. A few weeks ago the underclassmen and Seniors on the Panther football team were arguing internally on the sidelines at an away game. This led to the kids texting their parents on the bus ride home. When the bus arrived parents and kids were all arguing in the parking lot. This led to the coach being let go and AD Tony Fisher taking over coaching duties. There has also been an outbreak of fights in the school parking lot, Memorial Park and the library. Police have been called several times in the last three weeks.

There was a stabbing murder across the street from the high school last week as well as a rise in burglaries. People are scared to be out after dark in the area of the school. Euclid wonders why alumni do not attend events - would you ? I refuse to put myself or my vehicle in a situation where harm can happen. It's only a matter of time before there is a student that gets injured or worse. With the new concealed carry laws more people in Euclid are taking measures to protect themselves.

The Euclid administration and city leaders need to stop being afraid to discipline kids because of racial backlash - and start throwing kids out. Everybody is scared to do what needs to be done. Start booting kids, prosecuting and holding parents accountable. Until you stop the root of the problems - you will never get this under control. Between the school security and police I'm sure they can fix the issue.

Solon offered to host the game and share the gate and concessions with Euclid. They also said Euclid could be the home team and have all their Senior Night festivities - Euclid declined. The whole situation is an embarrassment to the city. Ever since the stupid un-needed second stadium was built 500 feet from a perfectly good stadium - the program has been in decline. There is NEVER a positive story coming from Euclid anymore. The city needs to decide if they want to improve or decline to the point where no teams will want to play there. This will possibly their conference affiliation in jeopardy as well. The teams in their conference will not want to play day or Saturday afternoon games.

People who know me know what a high school junkie I am. I'm a Euclid alum and my children went to VASJ. Euclid has had post game issues for awhile - but it was always after basketball games. I would have to leave with a few minutes left in the game in an attempt to protect my kids and myself from any trouble. Most of the time according to the police the trouble was from non Euclid students. The police finally started staging cars in the parking lot and dogs at the exits.

The issues now however are being caused by Euclid students and residents. It's pathetic. A few weeks ago the underclassmen and Seniors on the Panther football team were arguing internally on the sidelines at an away game. This led to the kids texting their parents on the bus ride home. When the bus arrived parents and kids were all arguing in the parking lot. This led to the coach being let go and AD Tony Fisher taking over coaching duties. There has also been an outbreak of fights in the school parking lot, Memorial Park and the library. Police have been called several times in the last three weeks.

There was a stabbing murder across the street from the high school last week as well as a rise in burglaries. People are scared to be out after dark in the area of the school. Euclid wonders why alumni do not attend events - would you ? I refuse to put myself or my vehicle in a situation where harm can happen. It's only a matter of time before there is a student that gets injured or worse. With the new concealed carry laws more people in Euclid are taking measures to protect themselves.

The Euclid administration and city leaders need to stop being afraid to discipline kids because of racial backlash - and start throwing kids out. Everybody is scared to do what needs to be done. Start booting kids, prosecuting and holding parents accountable. Until you stop the root of the problems - you will never get this under control. Between the school security and police I'm sure they can fix the issue.

Solon offered to host the game and share the gate and concessions with Euclid. They also said Euclid could be the home team and have all their Senior Night festivities - Euclid declined. The whole situation is an embarrassment to the city. Ever since the stupid un-needed second stadium was built 500 feet from a perfectly good stadium - the program has been in decline. There is NEVER a positive story coming from Euclid anymore. The city needs to decide if they want to improve or decline to the point where no teams will want to play there. This will possible put their conference affiliation in jeopardy.

The issues now however are being caused by Euclid students and residents. It's pathetic. A few weeks ago, the underclassmen and Seniors on the Panther football team were arguing internally on the sidelines at an away game. This led to the kids texting their parents on the bus ride home. When the bus arrived parents and kids were all arguing in the parking lot. This led to the coach being let go and AD Tony Fisher taking over coaching duties. There has also been an outbreak of fights in the school parking lot, Memorial Park and the library. Police have been called several times in the last three weeks.

There was a stabbing murder across the street from the high school last week as well as a rise in burglaries. People are scared to be out after dark in the area of the school. Euclid wonders why alumni do not attend events - would you? I refuse to put myself or my vehicle in a situation where harm can happen. It's only a matter of time before there is a student that gets injured or worse. With the new concealed carry laws more people in Euclid are taking measures to protect themselves.

The Euclid administration and city leaders need to stop being afraid to discipline kids because of racial backlash - and start throwing kids out. Everybody is scared to do what needs to be done. Start booting kids, prosecuting and holding parents accountable. Until you stop the root of the problems - you will never get this under control. Between the school security and police, I'm sure they can fix the issue.

Solon offered to host the game and share the gate and concessions with Euclid. They also said Euclid could be the home team and have all their Senior Night festivities - Euclid declined. The whole situation is an embarrassment to the city. Ever since the stupid un-needed second stadium was built 500 feet from a perfectly good stadium - the program has been in decline. There is NEVER a positive story coming from Euclid anymore. The city needs to decide if they want to improve or decline to the point where no teams will want to play there. This will possibly put their conference affiliation in jeopardy as well.
Great Post... Very sad to hear of all the absolutely horrendous recent problems. Euclid has really changed. Very little crime when I lived there. Sad. Fights at the library? That's insane. I agree with you about the new stadium. If there was Federal money available, most of it should have been invested in DiBiasio Stadium, upgrades new seats etc. (And the gray clock above the old visitors stands should have been preserved.) Re: conference affiliation, if it's true that Euclid is no longer making a good showing in almost any sport, we probably ought to go back the LEL again. Geez... we used to be at least a NEO powerhouse in Basketball and Baseball. Football too during the Tom Banc years. Probably in non-revenue sports also, track and field rings a bell.

Is the posted news about the River Rouge game true? Could not find any media mention of it just now, maybe no announcement as of yet?

Did you buy a ticket? Because -- friendly tip here -- that might increase your odds dramatically.
No, I didn't. I very seldom waste money on the Lotteries. Sometimes when the jackpot is super high & I happen to be at a convenience store and there's no line to buy tickets. So actually, I have the exact same odds as Euclid does of winning the State Title - 0% sad to say.

Solon should have played the game.

I'm guessing the River Rouge game will not count in the points.
Thats a good point. If you schedule a game after the season has started, I can see why it wouldn't count. Esp. when the Regional playoff field was 8 or 4. You could be fishing for Harbin Cows lol. Euclid's divisor should drop to 9 and this should make all those "massive Harbin points" that Erie is funneling us more valuable. LOL! Just great... we somehow get in at # 16 and get pounded to finish a very miserable year, on the field and off.

Last edited:
With respect... how does the mayor control the absentee landlords who do zilch to maintain property, cascading it to a less desirable tenant each time it's turned over? The kids having access to guns because parent(s) leave them laying around, or a kid with $100 can buy a gun off the street. Zero parenting, leaving the kids to fend for themselves and fall in with the wrong crowds. The kids getting sucked into gangs because it's a "with us or against us" mentality or kids just sucked in by the bizarre allure to gangster life (thank hip hop for glorifying, but that's a separate rant). The people coming in from East Cleveland or Cleveland to sell drugs because the demand is there, leading to turf wars. I could ramble on and on. I get it there is some of this that can be cracked down on but I think it's grown to the point where they would need to double their police force to have a chance and with dwindling tax revenue, where does that money come from? It's like a cancer that has spread, at some point you lose the battle.

BTW, I enjoy your posts and and I'm not poking. Read this as ongoing constructive dialog.

Side note, I read another post commenting the police/security should be increased at events. Sorry fact is this costs money and I believe if it's going to end up running the expense related to sports an unsustainable level, they will just shut it all down. Concern for safety is valid but I think the equal or greater issue is what it costs to have the spectators confidence their only worry is if their team is gonna win, not making it home in one piece.
Or maybe "ansentee landlords" are done with trying to rehab a unit everytime a renter leaves because said renter had ZERO respect for the premises they lived in and destroyed it. Millions and millions of guns go year in and year out never seeing the light of day, its not the guns fault that it gets used in the wrong manner. Its a "with us or against us" mentality that's been used to fire up a generation of kids by people who do not and never will live in areas such as Euclid, East Cleveland, Detroit, etc..its only used to get their support to raise millions of dollars for "social justice." People coming in to sell drugs would not do so if they had no buyers market. Most people arent forced against their ill to use illicit drugs. You need more tax money from business and industry to cover the cost of more police and security yet slowly but surely these cities are losing business due to the increase in crime. Vicious cycle thats hard to stop.

Solon offered to host the game and share the gate and concessions with Euclid. They also said Euclid could be the home team and have all their Senior Night festivities - Euclid declined. The whole situation is an embarrassment to the city. Ever since the stupid un-needed second stadium was built 500 feet from a perfectly good stadium - the program has been in decline. There is NEVER a positive story coming from Euclid anymore. The city needs to decide if they want to improve or decline to the point where no teams will want to play there. This will possibly their conference affiliation in jeopardy as well. The teams in their conference will not want to play day or Saturday afternoon games.

Probably the most in-depth and adult comment in this thread. The Euclid Police blotter explains itself with all that is happening around the Euclid schools. On top of that, it's not just the students but the adults as well. I applaud Solon for taking safety first with their school. They offered the world to Euclid to come to Solon and play the game. Plus, Euclid cops would have had a night off as SPD would have been there to 'supervise'. Since the game was/is never started, it will be declared no contest. Forfeits are declared when games are started.

Great comments. I agree with you on the topic of the un-needed stadium. When it was announced they were building a new one, made me wonder why the heck they would throw money into this. I'm fine with the upgrade to the school itself. If there is even a remote chanch of resurrecting any city, a key factor is education. That is one of the first things that people with a wholesome attitude about family look at. Euclid has turned over most of the elementary schools, closing some and building new. Good for the city for trying.

One side note, kids jumping back and forth between schools. When Euclid's football program was doing well (I think it was about 10 years ago) there was an influx of kids from areas where they would normally go to Collinwood or Glenville, using a relative's or family friend's address to create a ruse they were Euclid residents. I recall quite a few got busted and the parent(s) were fined. I don't believe this problem is exclusive to Euclid. As Glenville's program waxed and waned, kids moved in/out of that school and not always legally. Collinwood has been a train wreck for many years.

Or maybe "ansentee landlords" are done with trying to rehab a unit everytime a renter leaves because said renter had ZERO respect for the premises they lived in and destroyed it. Millions and millions of guns go year in and year out never seeing the light of day, its not the guns fault that it gets used in the wrong manner. Its a "with us or against us" mentality that's been used to fire up a generation of kids by people who do not and never will live in areas such as Euclid, East Cleveland, Detroit, etc..its only used to get their support to raise millions of dollars for "social justice." People coming in to sell drugs would not do so if they had no buyers market. Most people arent forced against their ill to use illicit drugs. You need more tax money from business and industry to cover the cost of more police and security yet slowly but surely these cities are losing business due to the increase in crime. Vicious cycle thats hard to stop.
Agree with you on issues with renters. As a kid, we lived in the duplex's off Babbit. In the early 70's my dad bought the other half as an investment. For years, he had great tenants. Then it transitioned into not so great luck with the tenants. Single woman moved in with two kids. Then boyfriend moves in. Then nieces, nephews, next thing you know there are 9 people living in a two bed, one bath house. Rinse/repeat with the tenant issues until eventually he just left the other half empty. More headaches than it was worth. Punchline: even with the landlord living next door, it was uphill sledding trying to keep things nice and in order.

I'm curious as to why the game would not count for points.
There used to be a deadline for when a new game could be scheduled and have it count in the computer points (around Week 6, maybe?). That was to keep teams from scheduling a late game to provide just the number of computer points they might need.

I seem to recall that was removed during Covid when schedules became very fluid. I have no idea if it was brought back or not.

There used to be a deadline for when a new game could be scheduled and have it count in the computer points (around Week 6, maybe?). That was to keep teams from scheduling a late game to provide just the number of computer points they might need.

I seem to recall that was removed during Covid when schedules became very fluid. I have no idea if it was brought back or not.
I'm pretty certain this was abolished and hasn't been restored.

From cleveland.com:

However, if the game is not played, it will be up to Doug Ute, the Ohio High School Athletic Association’s executive director, and his office to determine whether the game is deemed a “no contest” or forfeit. The following is stated in the 2023-24 OHSAA football regulations:

“Teams are expected to play all games not begun on the earliest potential makeup date. If a game is not played on the scheduled date and the schools are unable to agree to a mutually convenient makeup date, the Executive Director’s office will determine whether the date is treated as a “no-contest” or forfeiture, taking into consideration the reason for cancelling the scheduled contest and the rationale used by the schools in their efforts to re-schedule the contest.”

Can't see how he would not rule in favor of Solon.

This hurts Solon more than Euclid. With a victory, Solon could have moved into playoff contention. However, the Euclid seniors will not have a Senior Night, as their last two games ( Cle. Hts. and Mentor) are on the road, so that is very unfortunate. In all, they probably should have accepted the Solon offer.