Shawn Kemp booked into Pierce County Jail for drive-by shooting investigation

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
Seattle SuperSonics legend Shawn Kemp was booked into the Pierce County Jail on Wednesday, FOX 13 News has learned. Sources close to Kemp say the shooting was in self-defense.

Kemp was booked into jail in connection with a drive-by shooting outside the Tacoma Mall.

This made me laugh out loud. So no charges because you're allowed to shoot in public, as long as no one gets hit? Kemp tracks his stuff to this place in Tacoma and just takes it into his own hands? A shootout occurs? You really can't make this stuff up.

in a previous, much more trollish life.
Not sure if I should be proud or embarrassed of myself to have noticed that screen name or to have been on here long enough to have remembered that screen name.

Incidentally, I was doing some newspaper research last year and stumbled upon an article from the late '90s after Kemp had been traded to the Cavs. Kemp was thought to have had a drinking problem while still in Seattle. The article revealed that it wasn't a drinking problem and that, instead, Kemp was distracted while trying to figure out how to pay child support for his 7 kids.

Not sure if I should be proud or embarrassed of myself to have noticed that screen name or to have been on here long enough to have remembered that screen name.

Incidentally, I was doing some newspaper research last year and stumbled upon an article from the late '90s after Kemp had been traded to the Cavs. Kemp was thought to have had a drinking problem while still in Seattle. The article revealed that it wasn't a drinking problem and that, instead, Kemp was distracted while trying to figure out how to pay child support for his 7 kids.
Even more embarrassing, on my end, was I predate even that username! I was quite the blockhead (and that’s putting it nicely) in my earlier years.

As far as Kemp goes, it’s really surprising he didn’t add to his two totals going forward: 7 kids with 6 women. As far as I know, he (somewhat) smartened up.

This made me laugh out loud. So no charges because you're allowed to shoot in public, as long as no one gets hit? Kemp tracks his stuff to this place in Tacoma and just takes it into his own hands? A shootout occurs? You really can't make this stuff up.
What is your complaint about the decision not to charge him? Crazy, dangerous facts doesn’t necessarily mean “crime”.

fwiw…I thought Kemp had historically great ability…an all-time power forward in ability. His personal life made it pretty clear he didn’t have his $ hi t together.

Last edited: