Scholarships and Commitments

Bacevich - Eastern Michigan and Ohio offers, Wolf - Toledo offer, Jefferson Ball State offer

Class of 2018

DE Blake Bacevich offers from Toledo, Ohio, Bowling Green, Eastern Michigan and Ball State

DE Bobby Jefferson offers from Toledo and Ball State

QB Chase Wolf offers from Toledo, Wisconsin, Iowa State, Akron and Central Michigan

Last edited:
Cade Harper verbal commit to Georgetown KY, Brady Stoll verbal commit to Cincinnati (preferred walk on)

Class of 2017

QB Sean Clifford: verbal commit to Penn State

OL Matt Bockhorst: verbal commit to Clemson

OL Michael Heimkreiter: offers from Valparaiso and Butler

CB Colton Paul: verbal commit to Ashland

WR Lou Raines: offer from Morehead State

WR Micah Farrar: verbal commit to Navy

CB Eugene Stallworth: verbal commit to Princeton

OL Zak Kurz: verbal commit to Wofford

LB Cade Harper: verbal commit to Georgetown KY

LB Brady Stoll: verbal commit to Cincinnati (preferred walk-on)

Cade Harper verbal commit to Georgetown KY, Brady Stoll verbal commit to Cincinnati (preferred walk on)

Class of 2017

QB Sean Clifford: verbal commit to Penn State

OL Matt Bockhorst: verbal commit to Clemson

CB Colton Paul: verbal commit to Ashland

WR Micah Farrar: verbal commit to Navy

CB Eugene Stallworth: verbal commit to Princeton

OL Zak Kurz: verbal commit to Wofford

LB Cade Harper: verbal commit to Georgetown KY

LB Brady Stoll: verbal commit to Cincinnati (preferred walk-on)

Congrats to Brady Stoll. I would not be surprised to see him earn a scholarship once the UC coaches see him in practice. Best of luck to Brady and all the Bombers moving on to the next level

Bacevich - Eastern Michigan and Ohio offers, Wolf - Toledo offer, Jefferson Ball State offer

Class of 2018

DE Blake Bacevich offers from Toledo, Ohio, Bowling Green, Eastern Michigan and Ball State

QB Chase Wolf offers from Toledo, Wisconsin, Iowa State, Akron and Central Michigan

Bacevich got the most out of his ability this year and has gone to every JR Day possible (Toledo, Ohio, Eastern Mich, etc.)and is a pretty solid MAC guy. Not sure if he is more than a MAC guy but this season will tell. Bobby Jefferson will get more offers as the year goes by and just by going to Jr day at Ball State, he picked up another MAC offer. He had an average year but still has the most potential of your DL and could get a higher D1 offer. After a big year, Wolf is a big time recruit and will be a high division 1 signee. Already has a Big 10 and Big 12 and will get more after the 2017 class is signed. In the upcoming senior class, Mesua DL, Childs, defense, Specht, offense, Wittrock offense, all should, from what I saw in the state run, have opportunities to play at the next level.
Others in the GCL 2018= Hawkins and Bates (Moeller), maybe Mazza, Nieman,(Elder)Whyle, Merritt ( Lasalle).

The Bomber DLine will be strong with 3 D1 caliber seniors.
Maybe sophomore P. Johnson (6'6" 210lb) can be worked into the rotation based on potential and pedigree.
Senior LB Childs and junior Kiessling have Scholarship potential
Deters, Kirby and Mohn should get next level interest for OLine play
If Cam Specht had size he would have his choice of college
Wittrock and Kreimer have the skills and size to play WR in college
A strong senior season for QB Wolf will translate to additional scholarship offers along the line of the Wisconsin offer already made
Looking forward to watching the team come together, especially watching coach Specht work his magic assembling a new defensive secondary.
Camp is getting closer!

Jake Buerkle to play at Dayton

Class of 2017

QB Sean Clifford: Penn State

OL Matt Bockhorst: Clemson

CB Colton Paul: Ashland

WR Micah Farrar: Navy

CB Eugene Stallworth: Princeton

OL Zak Kurz: Wofford

LB Cade Harper: Georgetown KY

LB Brady Stoll: Cincinnati (preferred walk on)

S Jake Buerkle: Dayton

Bacevich - Central Michigan and Cincinnati offers

Class of 2018

DE Blake Bacevich offers from Central Michigan, Cincinnati, Toledo, Ohio, Bowling Green, Eastern Michigan and Ball State

Update Chase Wolf offers which continue to mount

Class of 2018

DE Blake Bacevich offers from Central Michigan, Cincinnati, Toledo, Ohio, Bowling Green, Eastern Michigan and Ball State

QB Chase Wolf offers from Pittsburgh, Toledo, Wisconsin, Iowa State, Akron, Central Michigan, Ohio, Rutgers, Western Michigan

Last edited:
Update Chase Wolf offers which continue to mount

Class of 2018

QB Chase Wolf offers from Toledo, Wisconsin, Iowa State, Akron, Central Michigan, Ohio, Rutgers, Western Michigan

At first blush one would think Wolf (or any player) would take a Power 5 offer over a MAC school however it will be interesting to see how he and the other players prioritize the offers (i.e a chance to start vs being with the biggest name program). I am sure once the camps start the offers will only increase for the three of these players. Lets hope for a healthy and productive senior year for all three of them.

Wolf recently received an offer from Pitt.
He is the only QB in the class of 2018 in the Cincinnati area with an offer.
He is the 9th most sought after player in his class in the Cincinnati area behind 1.Jack Carman and 3.Malik Vann of Fairfield, 2.Aeneas Hawkins and 7.Brendan Bates of Moeller, 4.Xavier Peters and 8.Ty Bentley of Lakota West, 5.Chris Oats of Winton Woods and 6.Josh Whyle of LaSalle.
Bacevich is 11th.

Wolf has Big 10, ACC, Big 12 offers and has not gone to a junior day. I am sure he has others in the pipeline but doesn't seem to chase the spotlight like other high recruits. I wonder of he will sign before the season starts

Here is an updated list for Wolf and Bacevich, Reload is running behind.

Wolf: Central Michigan, Wisconsin, Akron, Iowa State, Toledo, Kent State, Rutgers, Western Michigan, Ohio U, Pitt.

Bacevich: Toledo, Bowling Green, Ball State, Eastern Michigan, Ohio U, Central Michigan, Cincinnati, Kent State, Eastern Kentucky, Western Michigan, Miami U.

Article from scout.com on Bacevich

"One of the more productive defensive end prospects in Ohio for the class of 2018 is Cincinnati St. Xavier's Blake Bacevich, and college recruiters have taken notice of his talents.
Bacevich is closing in on ten offers, and this is a player that should see that scholarship list continue to expand in the coming months.
He holds offers from Cincinnati and most of the MAC schools. He has good size and a quick burst off the football. The hometown Bearcats have made quite an impression on him.
"Right now I would say Cincinnati is recruiting me the hardest, and they are really sticking out to me right now," Bacevich stated. " Pittsburgh, Louisville, Miami (OH) and Boston College are also recruiting me and haven't offered me yet."
"So far I have plans to go to Cincinnat, Miami, Pittsburgh and Louisville, and will most likely be going to more, but they're just not planned yet," he added.

Link:
http://www.scout.com/college/footba...de-blake-bacevich-nearing-double-digit-offers

Article from scout.com on Wolf

2018 QB Chase Wolf is one of Ohio's Best

Wolf shows a live, accurate arm, and is a very polished signal caller. He should flourish next year as the starting quarterback for one of Ohio's top programs.
"I played in every game but one, and I started seven games this past season when Sean was hurt," Wolf stated. "I think I'm very poised in the pocket, and I don't mind taking a hit to complete the pass."
"If I see a receiver open, I have the confidence to be able to throw it into the tiniest window and get the completion," he added. "I need to work on getting faster, to be able to escape the pocket and get extra yards."
With four offers, Wolf has established himself as a top prospect in the eyes of college recruiters.
"Wisconsin has offered, and (assistant coach) Pat Muldoon is from my high school," he explained. "They liked my film and went ahead and made the offer. I plan on visiting there after basketball season."
"I think their program is fantastic and I really like the coaching staff," he continued. "It's Big Ten football, and that appeals to me too. I think I fit their offense, and could do well there."
"I'm also hearing from Cincinnati, but they've now had a coaching change," Wolf said. "I've also been talking to Michigan State and Iowa, and they've been to my school. I've also had contact with Pittsburgh and Boston College."

Link
http://www.scout.com/college/footba...9411-2018-qb-chase-wolf-is-one-of-ohio-s-best

Saw this too

http://247sports.com/Article/Chase-...ack-to-know-in-the-2018-recruiting-c-49933449

Cincinnati (Ohio) St. Xavier coach Steve Specht had one of those tremendous problems to have.

Senior quarterback Sean Clifford was heading into his senior year as a Penn State quarterback commit.

His backup, junior Chase Wolf came into the fall with the talent and ability to play at a Power Five school.

What do you do?

“We had planned at the beginning of the year to play both of them,” Specht said. “The reason, Chase is that good.”

Unfortunately in week one Specht’s hand was forced, Clifford got hurt and he had to lean on the 6-foot-2, 195-pound Wolf.

College coaches liked what they saw and he already has four scholarship offers as Wolf and Clifford both helped the Bombers win a state championship.

“Chase, he’s fearless,” Specht said. “I think that’s the best way to describe Chase Wolf.”

Iowa State, Wisconsin, Akron and Central Michigan have extended a scholarship.

“Chase believes he can make every single throw,” Specht said. “He’s not afraid to make a mistake. I think that’s a tremendous aspect for a quarterback. He competes so hard and believes in his abilities, the kids rally around that. You talk about leadership, that’s just the way he carries himself. He is an unbelievable competitor.”

Wolf finished the season completing 60 percent of his passes for 1,291 yards and 15 touchdowns to just six interceptions. Clifford was good on 56 percent of his attempts for 1,426 yards and nine touchdowns to three interceptions.

In addition to the schools that have offered, Michigan State, Iowa and Pittsburgh are among the programs showing interest in Wolf.

“He has a great arm, he makes great decisions,” Specht said. “I like to look at him more as high speed internet. Some quarterbacks have all the tools, but put in a game situation and they don’t process things fast enough. Chase sees things, processes quickly, gets ball out of his hands quickly.”

This coming spring and summer look for his recruiting to pick up quickly.

Wolf has Big 10, ACC, Big 12 offers and has not gone to a junior day. I am sure he has others in the pipeline but doesn't seem to chase the spotlight like other high recruits. I wonder of he will sign before the season starts

About 70% of the other 3 and 4 star QBs in his class across the country have verbally committed

Trevor Lawrence - Clemson
Matt Corral - USC
Emory Jones - Ohio State
Jack West - Stanford
Cameron Rising - Oklahoma
Dorian Thompson-Robinson - leaning Michigan
Phil Jurkovik - Notre Dame
Artur Sitkowski - leaning SEC (LSU, Florida, Florida St)
Jacob Simon - Washington
Justin Rogers - leaning Texas Christian
Joey Gatewood - Auburn
Justin Fields - Penn State
Brevin White - leaning Washington State
Colson Yankoff - Oregon
Jack Tuttle - Utah
Tanner McKee - leaning BYU
Casey Thompson - leaning Texas
Adrian Martinez - California
Jalen Mayden - list includes Louisville, Miss St, Syracuse
Brennan Armstrong - Minnesota

Wolf was offered by Boston College, his 11th offer, moving closer to the top 4 Cincinnati area prospects in his class - Jack Carman, Aeneas Hawkins, Xavier Peters and Malik Vann

Wolf was offered by Boston College, his 11th offer, moving closer to the top 4 Cincinnati area prospects in his class - Jack Carman, Aeneas Hawkins, Xavier Peters and Malik Vann

Any more offers for Jefferson? Do you think Childs will get offers? He is on the smaller side for a D1 LB but maybe DII? Anyone else on the offense getting looks?

Any more offers for Jefferson?

No, and the 2 offers he has (Toledo and Ball State) came before the start of last season if I remember correctly.

Jefferson was fairly quiet last season (averaging 3 to 4 tackles per game).

He had his best game of the year by far in the regional final vs. Sycamore (9 tackles and 2 and 1/2 sacks) but then got hurt early in the state semis vs Pickerington Central (left in 1st quarter with 2 tackles) and missed the state final vs St. Ignatius.

The injury may have prevented him from attending recent camps and receiving any further offers.

Would love to see him show up at camp at 6'4" 240lb and have a breakout senior season and secure a major D1 schollie....he is definitely capable.

Do you think Childs will get offers? He is on the smaller side for a D1 LB but maybe DII?

He hasn’t gotten much bigger since his freshman year.
StX has roughly a 70-40-15 rule for 3-2-1 year starters.
70% of 3 year starters, 40% of 2 year starters and 15% of 1 year starters play in college.
Childs (6’1” 190lb) is a 2 year starter and is the leading tackler of returning players (87 tackles and 6.5 sacks in 14 games).
He played his best football in the final 6 games last season, recording 49 tackles and 5 sacks.
Hopefully he is kicking in the weight room and shows up at camp @205lb
No offers yet but I think there is a better than 50% chance he plays at the next level.
Next year’s front 6 on defense may all play college ball.

The depth on the DLine is about as good as I can remember.
There is no Simeon Lane, a 300lb anchor in the middle, but that is a rarity.
An undersized Nick Stroube did a more than adequate job at NG last year at 5'10" 225lb (63 tackles and 8 sacks in 15 games).
I expect them to move Mesue (6'2") to nose and hopefully he beefs up to 250lb.
Maybe Mesue rotates with Bacevich and Jefferson at end to keep them all fresh and they put Dirksing at nose.
But look at the sophomores, most who played JV as freshmen, backing them up: Garren Carter (6'1" 215lb), Paris Johnson (6'6" 220lb), Joe Cutting (6'2" 210lb) and Keegan Gormley (6'2" 185lb).
And those were their measurables at the start of their freshman year. :eek:

Anyone else on the offense getting looks?

I think Mohn, Deters, Kirby, Wittrock, Kreimer, Hundley, Lange and Hudepohl could all play in college. Hundley may choose baseball over football. If Payne develops as a RB over the next couple years he could make that list. Specht and Fox are excellent high school players that may need a growth spurt.

Last edited:
According to Scout, Chase Wolf was offered by Maryland. It looks as if he will be going to a Power 5 team. All teams listed were ACC, Big Ten, SEC and Big 12.

Past StX Quarterbacks and College

Sean Clifford (2014-16) Penn State, Nick Tensing (2012-13) Ohio State as preferred walk-on, Griffin Dolle (2010-11) DePauw (IN), Nick Albers (2010), Luke Massa (2007-09) Notre Dame, John Hurley (2007) Penn, Ryan Morris (2006), Brad Scherer (2005) Miami of Ohio (baseball), Rob Schoenhoft (2003-04) Ohio State, Dom Randolph (2003-04) Holy Cross, Jimmy Gruber (2002), Marty Mooney Jr (1999-2001) Yale, Matt Williams (1998), Jayson Arling (1996-97), Joe Sprengard (1993-95), Jamie Doxsey (1992), Damion Dooros (1991), Shawn Brennan (1989-1990), Ed Carmosino (1988) Mike Healey (1986-87) Vanderbilt, Greg Frey (1983 and 1985) Ohio State, Jeff Litzinger (1984) Miami of Ohio, Tom Aug (1982), Mike Kelly (1981), Steve Boeckmann (1979-80) Kentucky, Stan Bass (1977-1978), Mark Schoettmer (1976), Skip Conger (1975), Gary Gradziwon (1974), Greg Jones (1972-73), Bill Nutting (1971), Bobby Klotz (1970), Marty Mooney Sr (1968-69), Mike Raleigh (1967), Jerry Randolph (1965), Joe Speir (1964), George Ratterman (1941-43) NFL

Last edited:
Speaking of UC and Fickell, it looks like he just landed Blake Bacevich. It will be interesting to see if more Bombers follow.

Dom Altimari preferred walk on at Indiana

Class of 2017

QB Sean Clifford: Penn State

OL Matt Bockhorst: Clemson

OL Dom Altimari: Indiana (preferred walk on)

CB Colton Paul: Ashland

WR Micah Farrar: Navy

CB Eugene Stallworth: Princeton

OL Zak Kurz: Wofford

LB Cade Harper: Georgetown KY

LB Brady Stoll: Cincinnati (preferred walk on)

S Jake Buerkle: Dayton