RIP Dwayne Haskins

I am a big OSU fan but since leaving the Buckeyes, Haskins made a lot of bad ( immature ) decisions that led to his death. Maybe Meyer or OSU should have prepared him for life better than they did but Brandt was correct Haskins made a lot of bad decisions, facts are facts. No reason with his ( Haskins) type of money to run out of gas or to be running across an interstate esp. that time of morning. Browns beware of Watson, people who make poor decisions usually keep making them till they get some maturity, some never.

I am a big OSU fan but since leaving the Buckeyes, Haskins made a lot of bad ( immature ) decisions that led to his death. Maybe Meyer or OSU should have prepared him for life better than they did but Brandt was correct Haskins made a lot of bad decisions, facts are facts. No reason with his ( Haskins) type of money to run out of gas or to be running across an interstate esp. that time of morning. Browns beware of Watson, people who make poor decisions usually keep making them till they get some maturity, some never.
I'm not an OSU fan, and I'd stop short of saying he made decisions that led to his death, because at this point we don't know until the investigation is completed.
However, in the short pro career, especially in Washington, he seemed very far from being a good leader of a football team that quarterbacks typically are.
I give Brandt a pass because he's 90 years old and has no business being on live radio. That's as much on his employers as anyone else.
How Haskins is in a situation where he is on an interstate, on foot, at 7AM with no gas and reportedly a drunk woman who I assume wasn't his wife is very questionable. It's really sad when a young person passes, especially when it was completely avoidable. Only those close to him really know what he was doing in his personal life.
Now unlike Haskins, before these accusations against DeShaun Watson, he was about as crystal clean as any star athlete who's fall as I can ever remember. At Clemson, he was the all american boy. Never heard a wisp of trouble from Watson before this.

I'm not an OSU fan, and I'd stop short of saying he made decisions that led to his death, because at this point we don't know until the investigation is completed.
However, in the short pro career, especially in Washington, he seemed very far from being a good leader of a football team that quarterbacks typically are.
I give Brandt a pass because he's 90 years old and has no business being on live radio. That's as much on his employers as anyone else.
How Haskins is in a situation where he is on an interstate, on foot, at 7AM with no gas and reportedly a drunk woman who I assume wasn't his wife is very questionable. It's really sad when a young person passes, especially when it was completely avoidable. Only those close to him really know what he was doing in his personal life.
Now unlike Haskins, before these accusations against DeShaun Watson, he was about as crystal clean as any star athlete who's fall as I can ever remember. At Clemson, he was the all american boy. Never heard a wisp of trouble from Watson before this.
Say what? Throw all old people in nursing homes, ok. I have found that the older people get they just say how they see it, don't like it too bad and don't forget you will be old someday to.

so because someone has money, he shouldn't run out of gas?, really? and the comments by Brandt were uncalled for, no matter the so called bad decisions he made

please describe what decisions he made that led to his death?

Say what? Throw all old people in nursing homes, ok. I have found that the older people get they just say how they see it, don't like it too bad and don't forget you will be old someday to.
Brandt made some bad choice of words in talking about Haskins, after the young man died, but then you seem to think that the decsions he made , are responsible for him dying....

Brandt made some bad choice of words in talking about Haskins, after the young man died, but then you seem to think that the decsions he made , are responsible for him dying....

Does this appear in someway to have been forced upon him?

I don't disagree with what Brandt necessarily said, but the timing was just awful. The day the guy dies, you make a comment about his past and it just doesn't go well. I'd say for someone like that, record the segment and you get chance to pull it back. No one in their right mind makes a comment like that - on the record. Off air, he can make a comment like that - not meant for public consumption. Obviusly Adam Schefter pulled his comment back quickly, and he has alot of contacts/ resources he needs to keep happy.

According to his wife, he'd run out of gas.

Which puts to rest the idea that his cell phone was out of juice and that's why he was walking instead of calling for a service. Was he so isolated in life that he didn't realize he could have had the gas delivered? Possible. Being an elite anything doesn't exactly give you time to learn common sense. Crossng the hwy, not crossing the hwy, he had no way off that bridege if it occurred where I think it did, the 10A exit onto I-95.

Last edited:
Which puts to rest the idea that his cell phone was out of juice and that's why he was walking instead of calling for a service. Was he so isolated in life that he didn't realize he could have had the gas delivered? Possible. Being an elite anything doesn't exactly give you time to learn common sense. Crossng the hwy, not crossing the hwy, he had no way off that bridege if it occurred where I think it did, the 10A exit onto I-95.
We’ll see, I guess, but it sadly seems like a situation where Haskins wasn’t thinking straight. Toxicology test might reveal why. I’m not a highly paid celebrity and I can get roadside assistance from any number of entities. Regardless of the why, RIP.

I think you guys have hit it on the head- it's a lack of judgment caused by being under the influence of something or a sheltered person's lack of real life experiences at work.

I'm older and know I can call AAA and get gas delivered, or a tire changed. I'm guessing a young kid didn't know that. I help my own sons ( in their 20's ) by answering questions about "life situations" a lot still. Life experience matters. No judgement on Dwayne, he was just trying to solve his problem. RIP.

I'm older and know I can call AAA and get gas delivered, or a tire changed. I'm guessing a young kid didn't know that. I help my own sons ( in their 20's ) by answering questions about "life situations" a lot still. Life experience matters. No judgement on Dwayne, he was just trying to solve his problem. RIP.
And I'm guessing this was a rental car, most likely.

I would think you'd just call the rental folks, and they would have someone bring gas to you.

Irwin - That’s a great question. Haskins was only 24, he would turn 25 this May 3rd. Unfortunately I do not get question about my age when renting a car but I believe it is 25 for most rental companies. Perhaps there are exceptions, I do not know.

if you're a member of AAA you can call and get gas delivered. IDK what someone like him knows and doesn't know. I know I find whole years of old shows to stream because they ran during certain times of my life, when I didn't have a life outside of work. Wasn't even anywhere near TVs, newspapers or had no time for them.... I have no idea on things kids today just do second nature on these cell phones.

Time may give answers but I agree with you, no judgement and is very sad.

so because someone has money, he shouldn't run out of gas?, really? and the comments by Brandt were uncalled for, no matter the so called bad decisions he made
Nobody should run out of Gas! Nobody should run across the highway either after they run out of gas! People make poor/bad decisions all the time, some are very costly some are not. Very sad and didn’t have to happen!

Nobody should run out of Gas! Nobody should run across the highway either after they run out of gas! People make poor/bad decisions all the time, some are very costly some are not. Very sad and didn’t have to happen!
nobody should be hit by a truck... it was a accident, for whatever reasons ...but it was still a accident, things like this happen all across America every day.....

nobody should be hit by a truck... it was a accident, for whatever reasons ...but it was still a accident, things like this happen all across America every day.....
I think his point is that it could have, and should have, been avoided by the now late Haskins.

I read something today that jumped out at me. His parents aren't attending the funeral today as they didn't want it to be the first time that they met his wife. Sounds like a little dysfunction going on there.

There are two other memorial services this weekend that I suspect they may attend.

I read something today that jumped out at me. His parents aren't attending the funeral today as they didn't want it to be the first time that they met his wife. Sounds like a little dysfunction going on there.

There are two other memorial services this weekend that I suspect they may attend.
Bizarre, if true.

Reactions: y2h
Out clubbing with a woman in his car who was not his wife, double the limit drunk and ketamine in his system. Insensitive as they were, Gil Brandt and Adam Schefter were unfortunately correct. A guy known for screwing up died by screwing up. Sad. RIP. Too young and with so much promise.

Again, why would he drive? He clearly could afford a limo home. If you’re going to drink heavy, add some dope and party with a girl…and you have millions of dollars…why drive?
Was Haskins actually driving or was the women driving and was she sober? I ask because if he was driving this wasn't a tragedy but a tragedy avoided. Or am I the only one who thinks that driving down the highway this messed up is attempted vehicular homicide? And that the real story here is that innocents didn't get killed by Haskin's deeply irresponsible act?