Votes: 10 15.2%
  • South Range by 1-8

Votes: 18 27.3%
  • South Range by 9-16

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • South Range by 17+

Votes: 4 6.1%

• Total voters
Either you don’t watch much “lower level” football or you’re just clueless. There is wow factor all over the place in these games. True they are not the big flashy d1 schools. But there is plenty of excitement at these games. The problem this year with attendance is the OHSAA. “Let’s put all the games on one day” That’s what has driven the lower attendance down this year.
I watch some lower level (again not a dig like you trying to suggest), lower division sound better to you? Just like most people I pay attention to the big schools, where most of the better players gravitate toward. If you live in a small school district and have a way (open enrollment, parochial/private or any other way) most kids would no doubt go or want to go to the bigger programs to play teams like Hoban, St Edwards/Ignatius, Glenville and the Massillons of the world. Just my opinion.

I watch some lower level (again not a dig like you trying to suggest), lower division sound better to you? Just like most people I pay attention to the big schools, where most of the better players gravitate toward. If you live in a small school district and have a way (open enrollment, parochial/private or any other way) most kids would no doubt go or want to go to the bigger programs to play teams like Hoban, St Edwards/Ignatius, Glenville and the Massillons of the world. Just my opinion.
Well this thread is for one of those “lower div” games you don’t pay that much attention to. You can always go find the thread about URS, they are prob a little more your speed being as they are a recruiting school like the ones you mentioned earlier. And I would disagree with you that most people pay attention to the “big schools”. They don’t they live in those areas. Just my opinion. 😎

Either you don’t watch much “lower level” football or you’re just clueless. There is wow factor all over the place in these games. True they are not the big flashy d1 schools. But there is plenty of excitement at these games. The problem this year with attendance is the OHSAA. “Let’s put all the games on one day” That’s what has driven the lower attendance down this year.
All games (West Branch vs Streetsboro and Canton South vs West Branch) I've been at so far these playoffs have been packed.

I am curious where the winner of this game will go next. And, it might be different depending on who wins between Perry or SR. Obviously we have to know how those other games shake out. But assuming Liberty Center, ValleyView and Harvest Prep all win, I am thinking this.
Liberty Center is northwest Ohio.
Valley View is southwest Ohio.
Harvest prep is east of Columbus.
SR and Perry are both probably considered northeast Ohio. But, Perry is closer to Cleveland while SR is closer to Youngstown.

I am thinking if SR wins then they’d probably play Harvest prep leaving VV and LC to play.
If Perry wins, it might make more sense to have them play LC leaving VV and Harvest Prep

Last edited:
I am curious where the winner of this game will go next. And, it might be different depending on who wins between Perry or SR. Obviously we have to know how those other games shake out. But assuming Liberty Center, ValleyView and Harvest Prep all win, I am thinking this.
SR and Perry are both probably considered northeast Ohio. But, Perry is closer to Cleveland while SR is closer to Youngstown.

I am thinking if SR wins then they’d probably play Harvest prep leaving VV and LC to play.
If Perry wins, it might make more sense to have them play LC leaving VV and Harvest Prep
SR/Perry vs. Coldwater/LC regardless in my opinion.

Go look at state numbers from last year
D5 was up close to the top
I think biggest attendance for state championship games in order was
1. D-III Canfield vs Bloom-Carroll
2. D-II Hoban vs TCC
3. D-V South Range vs Ironton

2. D-II Hoban vs TCC
Didn't South Range, and Canfield play back to back at state?

Didn't South Range, and Canfield play back to back at state?
Yes they did, quite a few Canfield fans came early and saw South Range play, some South Range fans stayed to watch Canfield as well, but a lot of families had other plans and commitments and circumstances that prevented them from staying to watch Canfield as well. That is what I was told by those who were at both games from both teams.

Highly unlikely I will be there to supply updates like the Hoban-Riverside game. I did see both programs lose to a common opponent in Grand Valley back in the 1990s.

I am curious where the winner of this game will go next. And, it might be different depending on who wins between Perry or SR. Obviously we have to know how those other games shake out. But assuming Liberty Center, ValleyView and Hrvest Prep all win, I am thinking this.

Last year SR played Liberty Center in Clyde. But I’m not sure if they switch which region plays which each year.

2. D-II Hoban vs TCC
Where’s D1? 🤔 I thought everyone pays attention to the big schools😂

Where’s D1? 🤔 I thought everyone pays attention to the big schools😂
There was a bad storm that night to be perfectly honest, but D-I was 4th, the weather was terrible but not as bad as when I froze to death in 2005 watching Canfield vs Central Catholic for the D-II State Championship. In fact if the weather had been like what it was each week in 2005 with the blizzards, ice, wind and freezing cold temperatures I would guess these days all the crowds would have been 75% smaller.

There was a bad storm that night to be perfectly honest, but D-I was 4th, the weather was terrible but not as bad as when I froze to death in 2005 watching Canfield vs Central Catholic for the D-II State Championship. In fact if the weather had been like what it was each week in 2005 with the blizzards, ice, wind and freezing cold temperatures I would guess these days all the crowds would have been 75% smaller.
I know. I’m just messing with Johnny😂

...and Harvest Prep and Valley View...
DV is loaded.
Agreed. DV is completely loaded. This is a matchup of championship quality football teams, the first of several in coming weeks in DV. For Perry, to be the champ, you have to beat the champ this week. South Range is a great football team. I would expect this to be a great matchup! Drew Pasteur has Perry as a 7 point favorite, but in high school football, that's basically saying they have the slightest of edges in his view.

In fact, Drew has every game in DV with a spread of as little as 7, and the most at 11. We've got 8 quality teams remaining.

Last edited:

I definitely think it depends on who wins. If Coldwater were to beat Liberty Center, it opens the door to possibly face the Valley View/Waynesville winner. If Liberty Center wins that game, I think the Harvest Prep/Wheelersburg winner plays the Valley View/Waynesville winner. So I think it all comes down to the Coldwater/LC game. Coldwater, Valley View, and Waynesville are all really close to Dayton. Geography would be the biggest reason I think that way.

If Wheelersburg wins, then it's definitely R19 vs R20.

If Harvest Prep wins, then I think it's it's Coldwater-R20 or Liberty Center-R17.

Crazy to see Perry in D5 after all the years watching them play in the CVC with Aurora and Kenston. Seems they would still be competitive there. Two big wins stick out over Kirtland and Geneva. The win over Madison is nice also. The rest of the season has been a boat race. Good luck avenging their last loss v South Range. I hope to get there and watch this one.

Crazy to see Perry in D5 after all the years watching them play in the CVC with Aurora and Kenston. Seems they would still be competitive there. Two big wins stick out over Kirtland and Geneva. The win over Madison is nice also. The rest of the season has been a boat race. Good luck avenging their last loss v South Range. I hope to get there and watch this one.
We’ll see how it goes Friday. But, Perry should be much stronger against the run than last season. I’d be surprised if SR runs all over them like they did last year