Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Bellefontaine by 1-8

Votes: 14 25.5%
  • Bellefontaine by 9-16

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • Bellefontaine by 17+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Check Bishop Watterson athletics on Twitter. They announced today that their fans will be on the visitor sideline. Bellefontaine athletics tweeted it as well. This was obviously ruled by the OHSAA and not either school.
Gee...thavoice was right.....again. I've seen this more than once before. One time...it caused a stink per the story I told, rhe other time the opponents took it like a champ.

I guess that popcorn you send on over to the Visitors Side will be going right back to you.
Will see if they follow through with this Blatant deviation from there own
written ByLaws of the football tournament rules. The OHSAA sometimes
like the NCAA Drinks to much Kool-Aid and forgets they have written rules
pertaining to these types of Power Grabs. If the #1 Seeded Teams fans are relegated
to the Visitors Side will still send Popcorn over to ThaVoice, Bellefontaine’s
#1 Fan.

pertaining to these types of Power Grabs. If the #1 Seeded Teams fans are relegated
#1 Fan.

#1 Fan.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: If Thavoice is the Chef's #1 Fan, I am sure he will lose his MAC card....

Make sure you have a PA announcement for that popcorn delivery.:ROFLMAO:

BYLAW: Is a rule adopted by an organization Chiefly for the
Government of it’s members and the regulation of its affairs.
Merriam-Webster

This particular action by the OHSAA would require OHSAA
Board Ratification which is clearly stated in the OHSAA
football tournament regulations. Hopefully it was ratified.
If not will send the Popcorn to the OHSAA. Sorry Thavoice.
I know you were looking forward to the Popcorn.😎😎😎
Go Herd

BYLAW: Is a rule adopted by an organization Chiefly for the
Government of it’s members and the regulation of its affairs.
Merriam-Webster

This particular action by the OHSAA would require OHSAA
Board Ratification which is clearly stated in the OHSAA
football tournament regulations. Hopefully it was ratified.
If not will send the Popcorn to the OHSAA. Sorry Thavoice.
I know you were looking forward to the Popcorn.😎😎😎
Go Herd
Chiefly and Chieftains:unsure:

Just imagine an organization or government entity not acting or aBIDENing on the published rules and laws that are set before them. Anarchy!!!

The rain may cut the attendance down a fair amount and everyone will be wondering what this was all about. I hope not……

Intriguing Thevoice story time. But again, the “they took it personal” was referring to the Watterson faithful and community; not the players.

A program such as Bishop Watterson does a great job handling outside noise- this specific topic merits no additional attention or communication from a players/coaches perspective. They focus on what they can control.Great Point, drewbrown:
Great Point, drewbrown1525:
The Watterson world is very adept at handling somewhat adverse situations.
This is not their First Rodeo.
The Sad part of all of this is The Watterson Football Team Earned the right
to be the Home Team. There the #1 Seed in the Region.The Team-Players,Coaches & Staff
deserve nothing less. The Parents who make the sacrifice to send their Kids to Bishop Watterson
deserve nothing Less. The Faithful Fans & followers deserve nothing Less, than the
Benefits of the Home Teams Facility’s. Next week all bets are off. The OHSAA
can do what they want. This is clearly stated in the football tournament rules.
Hopefully for the Good of the Game and it’s rules. Most importantly for the Kids that earned the right.
The OHSAA ultimately makes the correct decision.
Go Herd.

to be the Home Team. There the #1 Seed in the Region.The Team-Players,Coaches & Staff
deserve nothing less. The Parents who make the sacrifice to send their Kids to Bishop Watterson
deserve nothing Less. The Faithful Fans & followers deserve nothing Less, than the
Hopefully for the Good of the Game and it’s rules. Most importantly for the Kids that earned the right.
Go Herd.
I am distraught at the mere thought of any hardships happening in Wattyland for home/away stands. Please! CB are in place because of the dioceses around the state. What is the Watty CB? 50...What is it for Belle 5? Self controlled enrollment? Please, tell me how many of those kids on your roster are actually Catholic. The best thing about Belle, they are homegrown and homeplayed. What sort of Speech Language, Psychiatry, Therapist are employed at BW that the surrounding communities don't pay for in the respective districts? I am sure a multi-handicap kid with a high IQ is given the same consideration for enrollment as a potential P5 recruit.

Cry me a river on your earned rights.

OHSAA messed up on this location. Not enough seats for fans and the parking is atrocious. Without pouring rain, you are looking at 2-3 thousand Bellefontaine fans. Watterson will be lucky to bring half of that (most of their attendance is student driven). The last thing the OHSAA wants is intermingling of fans. Sending Bellefontaine fans into the London stands was not a good look or answer. This screams fight in the stands. How is this solved? (pick a better venue!) Flip sides and hope for the best. It makes no sense to put Watterson crowd in home stands which would be half full compared to a crowd that is double the size and maybe even triple. The OHSAA screwed this up.

Go Herd.
Maybe Watterson should/can use this as motivation. Personally I do not really see it as a big deal unless you choose to make it one.

I am distraught at the mere thought of any hardships happening in Wattyland for home/away stands. Please! CB are in place because of the dioceses around the state. What is the Watty CB? 50...What is it for Belle 5? Self controlled enrollment? Please, tell me how many of those kids on your roster are actually Catholic. The best thing about Belle, they are homegrown and homeplayed. What sort of Speech Language, Psychiatry, Therapist are employed at BW that the surrounding communities don't pay for in the respective districts? I am sure a multi-handicap kid with a high IQ is given the same consideration for enrollment as a potential P5 recruit.

The thing with CB is, while Bellefontaine may have one vertical MS -> JH -> HS pipeline, a school such as Watterson may have six different parish schools (at ~15% the class size of one Bellefontaine JH) that amounts to 90-95% and the balance is filled out by residual enrollments as freshmen from other systems.

Some of these kids are going to live in Dublin or Hilliard and come into Watterson through those respective k-8 parish schools there. Others might be UA and GH. The tiering/designated zone for privates like Watterson is going to result in a higher number.

Belle CB number is 12.
tuBW is 13.

Go Herd.
With you being a BW guy, at least send over that caviar and lobster ya have while tailgating with your champagne.

It isn't the biggest deal and it won't affect the game outcome -- that said, its BS. If you work and earn something it shouldn't be taken away for greed. And that's the bottom line with OHSSA. greed. Already called out on charging absurd prices and parking (without the actual guarantee of a spot- WOW)..... 16 teams per region is pure greed! no way around it.

Last edited:
FWIW, as someone not affiliated with either school, but who is cheering on Bellefontaine all the way; I think that switching Home/Away is complete BS too. I'm happy for Bellefontaine and the fact that they get the homestands, but as aforementioned they did not earn that.

Regardless, the game is won on the field and not in the stands. Best of luck to the Chiefs.

Belle CB number is 12.
tuBW is 13.

https://ohsaaweb.blob.core.windows.net/files/Sports/Football/2023/2023DIII.pdf

That didn't age well , and how many kids on belle's roster are actually Catholic ? You going to sit them Friday night.?

Belle CB number is 12.
tuBW is 13.

https://ohsaaweb.blob.core.windows.net/files/Sports/Football/2023/2023DIII.pdf

That didn't age well , and how many kids on belle's roster are actually Catholic ? You going to sit them Friday night.?
Well, 63% of Logan County voted against the baby killing measure last week (Franklin was 73% FOR the massacre of babies) , so I would presume a good amount of kids on Bell team are on the right path.

but that is a different story for a diff day.

Rain should move out the area by game time so that wont be a factor.

While you can rightfully make these accusations against many Catholic schools in the state you picked the wrong one in this case. That vast majority of Watterson’s roster are Catholic and did come from one of the traditional Watterson feeder schools. Also…..if you were to look at the student body at Watterson it would probably be similar to any other upper income public district nearby when comparing athlete/non-athlete. Plenty of theater kids and captains of the chess team that get in the same as the starting QB.

I asked a guy that always knows these things.
The OHSAA didn’t “choose” Harding. The OHSAA has a major issue with schools quickly deciding not to host. I’m told next week could be even more bizarre in regards to location. (Thanksgiving weekend making it even tougher to find schools wanting to host).

I asked a guy that always knows these things.
The OHSAA didn’t “choose” Harding. The OHSAA has a major issue with schools quickly deciding not to host. I’m told next week could be even more bizarre in regards to location. (Thanksgiving weekend making it even tougher to find schools wanting to host).
Yeah, the state looks at who is willing to host and then goes from there.

That is why I think the AD's need to take a stand next year and refuse to host unless the compensation increases.

Yeah, the state looks at who is willing to host and then goes from there.

That is why I think the AD's need to take a stand next year and refuse to host unless the compensation increases.
That would mean the OHSAA making less money. They may not be able to afford their catered press box dinners and limo rides to and from their hotel rooms on championship weekend. Bummer.

Gamma, I think you have lost your Mind. If the shoe were on the other foot we more
than likely would have a Court Injunction. The earned right is just that. EARNED.
But we live in a society today that everybody gets a trophy and there are NO Rules.
In regard to recruiting your statements are laughable. In regard to Catholic Kids
attending and playing on the team it’s a Very Very High Percentage.
Please do some homework before you make such idiotic claims next time.
By chance are you a Politician?
Go Herd

Gotta love grown adults arguing over 15-18 year old kids and who sits on which side of the field for a football game.

Some of you on here I’m sure are real joy to deal with in life.

Gamma, I think you have lost your Mind. If the shoe were on the other foot we more
than likely would have a Court Injunction. The earned right is just that. EARNED.
But we live in a society today that everybody gets a trophy and there are NO Rules.
In regard to recruiting your statements are laughable. In regard to Catholic Kids
attending and playing on the team it’s a Very Very High Percentage.
Please do some homework before you make such idiotic claims next time.
By chance are you a Politician?
Go Herd
Point take. My post has to rank in the top three of the stupidest things I have written on this site. I am wrong and apologize

The Southwest District released their "rosters" yesterday and seeing the Central District. This is a who's who of District Honors in this game. Congrats to all making the list. Looks like a Central District DPOY, Dominic Purcell and the Southwest District OPOY Tavien St.Clair squaring off tomorrow and it should be a good one. I will go with the Chefs in an upset.