Votes: 33 62.3%
  • Medina by 1-8

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Medina by 9-16

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Medina by 17+

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
It’s not the Eagles’ fault but their path to the title game couldn’t be easier. Region 1 is awful and Region 2 isn’t much better. Cruise control to title 7

How will weather affect the game at Byers. Rain in the forecast and we all know the facility can be a wind tunnel.

How will weather affect the game at Byers. Rain in the forecast and we all know the facility can be a wind tunnel.
One team can’t run the ball at all.
The other team has 3 BCS linemen and has a great rushing attack. Medina has zero chance in this game. Zero.

Latest forecast calls for the rain to end by 6 pm. So, it should be dry ... but the forecasted strong north wind in that wind tunnel of Byers Field is going to lead to a field position game and probably going to dictate Medina's plan towards a short passing game. The Eagles will continue to run the ball and chew up clock

Of all the games that have a predictable outcome

St Ed’s/Medina
Massillon/Green
Kirtland v whoever they play
MSML v whoever they play

This is the one that would least surprise me if the underdog won… or at least make the favorite sweat more than they’d ever care to.
Surprised at how his aged? Why did you see it so differently than the actual outcome?

Surprised at how his aged? Why did you see it so differently than the actual outcome?
Don’t know.., hunch I guess.

I thought Medina’s QB was a “keep ‘em in it” kind of player.

turns out Massillon/Green had the tightest margin, and that was never in doubt either.

Allar threw the ball 70 times that night. Eds made him look awful. Now Franklin is doing that. He should enter the transfer portal immediately.
He didn’t play well vs Ohio State or Michigan.

I was there at the OSU vs Penn State game and he looked like a wet noodle. I expected more out of him and he wasn’t against Ohio State’s best. He better be ready for Washington, USC, and Oregon or he better enter the transfer portal. He’s starting to remind me of the “ProIt was his choice going there.

It was a combo of Franklin and the QB.

He didn’t play well vs Ohio State or Michigan.

I was there at the OSU vs Penn State game and he looked like a wet noodle. I expected more out of him and he wasn’t against Ohio State’s best. He better be ready for Washington, USC, and Oregon or he better enter the transfer portal. He’s starting to remind me of the “ProIt was his choice going there.

It was a combo of Franklin and the QB.
He needs a better offensive line. They had to keep backs in to help with protection. And he still didn't have enough time.

It’s not the Eagles’ fault but their path to the title game couldn’t be easier. Region 1 is awful and Region 2 isn’t much better. Cruise control to title 7
“Region 1 is awful.”

You should keep that going…”Say, every kid that plays for every team not named Saint Eds. Your teams are awful. Just letting you know.”

Your blind man. Medina had a darn good football team. So did Heights, Mentor and Wadsworth. If “awful” means not being able to stay within 3 touchdowns of Saint Eds….whatever. Not many teams in the Midwest can.

Last edited:
“Region 1 is awful.”

You should keep that going…”Say, every kid that plays for every team not named Saint Eds. Your teams are awful. Just letting you know.”

Your blind man. Medina had a darn good football team. So did Heights, Mentor and Wadsworth. If “awful” means not being able to stay within 3 touchdowns of Saint Eds….whatever. Not many teams in the Midwest can.
I believe ColinCat is a St Ignatius guy. I don't think he enjoyed watching St. Edward steamroll the district.

Conratulations to Defensive Coordinator Pete Pappus on coming up with a plan to stiffle the Medina passing game. I sure was worried (all unfounded as usual) but Pappus showed he can get the kids to play when needed. That was a masterful perfomance. Congrtulations!

Hopefully Thomas' and Mason's injuries are not serious. They'll be needed (Thomas, probably more so) for the coming game(s)

He needs a better offensive line. They had to keep backs in to help with protection. And he still didn't have enough time.
He missed wide open WR's.

If Penn State would of had a QB, they would have had a clear shot vs Michigan.

Conratulations to Defensive Coordinator Pete Pappus on coming up with a plan to stiffle the Medina passing game. I sure was worried (all unfounded as usual) but Pappus showed he can get the kids to play when needed. That was a masterful perfomance. Congrtulations!
Reminds me of the 13-10 regional championship against Mentor and Thom Abbott in 2003. Rushing 3 and dropping 8, no where to go with the ball.

I'm pretty sure Lombardo was involved in the defensive scheme in 2003. Gibby brought him in as an assistant and he was coaching the DBs. I don't remember if he was the DC too.

I believe ColinCat is a St Ignatius guy. I don't think he enjoyed watching St. Edward steamroll the district.
I hate it but it will eventually end. It doesn’t seem that way but it will.

Eds will easily win the title this season and the program is loaded with talent. However, this is a senior heavy team and Thomas is running through Grand Canyon holes with those 3 beasts on the o line.

“Region 1 is awful.”

Fair point. Eds is going to make Bradley and Moeller look like the rest of Region 1.

Reminds me of the 13-10 regional championship against Mentor and Thom Abbott in 2003. Rushing 3 and dropping 8, no where to go with the ball.

I'm pretty sure Lombardo was involved in the defensive scheme in 2003. Gibby brought him in as an assistant and he was coaching the DBs. I don't remember if he was the DC too.
I think Holian was DC at that time or maybe Lombardo, but I remember talking to Holian about the game plan against Mentor. He told me that Mentor has scored all their touchdowns against St. Ignatius (the previous week) with 30 yard or longer plays, so they didn't let them have the big play. Seemed to have worked.