Votes: 33 62.3%
  • Medina by 1-8

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Medina by 9-16

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Medina by 17+

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters

I am interested to see the Eagle defense defend the pass. McKinley was finding some success with short middle of the field passes and Moeller got back into our game with them doing that.

I am interested to see the Eagle defense defend the pass. McKinley was finding some success with short middle of the field passes and Moeller got back into our game with them doing that.
I know Coach Pappas (Eds defensive coordinator) is held in high regard with a lot more knowledge than I possess, but it's frustrating watching the St Ed pass defense. Not just this past week, but every week. The first half of last night's game was almost as bad as the second half debacle against Moeller. And yes, I realize McKinley didn't do anything on the scoreboard other than a field goal with all that short passing success, (so why am I complaining), but it is frustrating when you know Eds has some really talented DB's.

I just don't understand the 'cement shoe' zone defense we seem to stay in play after play. And with the athelets and playmenkers we have in the secondary, I just don't see the need for a 7 to 10 yard cushion on these opposing WR's. I know Pappas loves those cute blitz packages, but we seem to let teams just play pitch and catch right down the field. We seem to wait for teams to make a mistake, (and many do), but the good teams in weeks #15 and #16 (if we get there) won't be so giving.

Medina should present an interesting challenge. I don't know what happened to Medina's high scorring pass offense against Wadsworth and Heights in the last two playoff games. I watched their first meeting with Heights in week #8 and thought they'd score 50 or more last night. They seemed to throw on every down and have that unique 10 yard shotgun placement for the QB making rushing him a challenge.

Eds doesn't have Kilbane and Gideon to terrorize QBs this year like in the past. Logan Thomas #9 is every bit as good, but teams double and tripple team him, so I worry about the Eds pass defense this week.

Now Medina may not get many opportunities on offense with the Eds ground game controlling the clock, but this game will be a real challenge for Coach Pappus.

BTW, this post shows how spoiled I've become by nitpicking a defense that had a running clock in play at the half. 😏

It's the bend but don't break defense. Play zone and give them the short stuff. Don't get beat deep over the top. Shorten the field and the defense stiffens up. So far seems to work just fine but I agree, it makes you crazy when the other team is dinking and dunking its way down the field.

Go Eagles!

I know Coach Pappas (Eds defensive coordinator) is held in high regard with a lot more knowledge than I possess, but it's frustrating watching the St Ed pass defense. Not just this past week, but every week. The first half of last night's game was almost as bad as the second half debacle against Moeller. And yes, I realize McKinley didn't do anything on the scoreboard other than a field goal with all that short passing success, (so why am I complaining), but it is frustrating when you know Eds has some really talented DB's.

I just don't understand the 'cement shoe' zone defense we seem to stay in play after play. And with the athelets and playmenkers we have in the secondary, I just don't see the need for a 7 to 10 yard cushion on these opposing WR's. I know Pappas loves those cute blitz packages, but we seem to let teams just play pitch and catch right down the field. We seem to wait for teams to make a mistake, (and many do), but the good teams in weeks #15 and #16 (if we get there) won't be so giving.

Medina should present an interesting challenge. I don't know what happened to Medina's high scorring pass offense against Wadsworth and Heights in the last two playoff games. I watched their first meeting with Heights in week #8 and thought they'd score 50 or more last night. They seemed to throw on every down and have that unique 10 yard shotgun placement for the QB making rushing him a challenge.

Eds doesn't have Kilbane and Gideon to terrorize QBs this year like in the past. Logan Thomas #9 is every bit as good, but teams double and tripple team him, so I worry about the Eds pass defense this week.

Now Medina may not get many opportunities on offense with the Eds ground game controlling the clock, but this game will be a real challenge for Coach Pappus.

BTW, this post shows how spoiled I've become by nitpicking a defense that had a running clock in play at the half. 😏
I mean this in no disrespectful way but just simply trying to talk football. I have no clue who Ed's DC is but I'm pretty sure he is a smart man and a defensive genius because I watched you guys' defense in the past and the stuff that he gets your kids to do is pretty amazing at the high school level. I want to ask you why get on here and try to question what he does when you guys have had a ton of success and you only lost one game this past season and if you look at last week you guys were playing Canton McKinley no disrespected to them but they was not a threat so why would you play all aggressive knowing that they have tremendous athletes when you can just play off and let them dink and dunk and play bend but don't break defense? I really want to stress I'm not trying to disrespect anybody but McKinley as a offensive this year truthfully has no identity so it's kind of hard to judge them on what they want to do so as a defensive coordinator I would have probably done the same thing now you guys are playing Medina don't you think he knows they are a pass happy team and there QB is prolly gonna throw the ball 35/45 times this so im I'm pretty sure his defensive strategy is going to be a lot different. Last thing about Canton McKinley they will take the deep shot because of the athletes that they have and if you play press coverage they're taking a deep shot but if you're playing off the ball 7 to 10 yards that forces them to take what the defense is giving you I'm pretty sure it's a method to his madness

I mean this in no disrespectful way but just simply trying to talk football. I have no clue who Ed's DC is but I'm pretty sure he is a smart man and a defensive genius because I watched you guys' defense in the past and the stuff that he gets your kids to do is pretty amazing at the high school level. I want to ask you why get on here and try to question what he does when you guys have had a ton of success and you only lost one game this past season and if you look at last week you guys were playing Canton McKinley no disrespected to them but they was not a threat so why would you play all aggressive knowing that they have tremendous athletes when you can just play off and let them dink and dunk and play bend but don't break defense? I really want to stress I'm not trying to disrespect anybody but McKinley as a offensive this year truthfully has no identity so it's kind of hard to judge them on what they want to do so as a defensive coordinator I would have probably done the same thing now you guys are playing Medina don't you think he knows they are a pass happy team and there QB is prolly gonna throw the ball 35/45 times this so im I'm pretty sure his defensive strategy is going to be a lot different. Last thing about Canton McKinley they will take the deep shot because of the athletes that they have and if you play press coverage they're taking a deep shot but if you're playing off the ball 7 to 10 yards that forces them to take what the defense is giving you I'm pretty sure it's a method to his madness
All valid points by you. I'm just frustrated. Watch the 2nd half of the Eds v. Moeller game and you'll understand the source of my frustration. Let's see how Coach Pappus sets up the D for a Medina O that is generally pass happy.

This game won’t be remotely close.

Eds 56
Medina 20 (late score against back ups)
The Bee's need a running game...Was it last year or year before that Eds destroyed them only rushing 3. Laird did not make adjustments and Eds rolled.

Eds by 25

St Edward wins by 17 ;my lock of the year .
St Ed’s fans be like:
Oh No Omg GIF by The Office

I do not see a Medina victory. As a piece of trivia however Medina is the last team to beat Ed's in a playoff game.
Was that the game when Ramos or maybe a RB, can't think of his name, fumbled going into the end zone for the winning TD?

Was that the game when Ramos or maybe a RB, can't think of his name, fumbled going into the end zone for the winning TD?
Unfortunately yes, that was the game. Medina had a strong running game that year, not sure they have been able to run the ball that well since 2020.

Will be fun early, but turn into a yawner by the early 2nd quarter. Ed's with a running clock by trhe early 3rd at the latest.

Medina's inability to run the football hurts them in games like this. They are too one dimensional.

What the Ed's defense did to Drew Allar and that Medina team was a complete shut down. Medina was pretty much dominated the entire game by the Ed's defense. If the DC can shut down that Medina team, I would be surprised if the results won't be very similar.

Will Bradley Eaton return to the lineup this week? I think his presence was missed Friday night. They will need him against Medina. Best defensive back on the team.

What the Ed's defense did to Drew Allar and that Medina team was a complete shut down. Medina was pretty much dominated the entire game by the Ed's defense. If the DC can shut down that Medina team, I would be surprised if the results won't be very similar.
Allar threw the ball 70 times that night. Eds made him look awful. Now Franklin is doing that. He should enter the transfer portal immediately.

Of all the games that have a predictable outcome

St Ed’s/Medina
Massillon/Green
Kirtland v whoever they play
MSML v whoever they play

This is the one that would least surprise me if the underdog won… or at least make the favorite sweat more than they’d ever care to.