POLL: If Watson becomes a Brown

How would you feel about Watson becoming a Brown?

• Yes, he will lead us to the Super Bowl!

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Excited, but nervous about the future

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Going to miss Baker, but mostly his Progressive commercials

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Going to regret giving rid of Baker

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Meh, won't change much

Votes: 7 21.9%

• Total voters

This is starting to look real. MKC is cheering it on and she's Dee's lieutenant. Marla meanwhile seems pissed.

I'm gonna be honest... if your attorney has to submit a briefing that 18 massage parlor workers thought you were a good time to counter the 22 others that said you weren't... we got a problem here, Cleveland.

There were 9 criminal complaints filed against Watson. 8 were dismissed by Harris County. 1 went before a grand jury, who declined to press charges.

There is a definitive pattern here: the man is a pervert. Do I think he's a rapist? No. Do I think it's his legal right to be a pervert? Yes. But he's absolutely a pervert. There are 40 visits to massage parlors known on record. Undoubtedly there are many times more that. This is extreme even by Bob Kraft standards.

Another report just came out that Houston does not want Baker in a trade, they are going with Davis Mills. The report also stated that Baker may get traded even if the Browns do not get Watson.

Starting to look like the beginning of the end for Baker & the Browns. If not a current veteran (Jimmy G) the Browns with the 13th pick could probably get any of the rookie qb’s except Liberty’s Malik Willis who will probably go in the top 10 (Seattle @ 9).

This is a team that employs Hunt and employed Malik McDowell, Josh Gordon, Johnny Manziel, Armonte Bryant and Antonio Callaway. I'm not going to expect a higher moral ground.
I get what you're saying, the Browns aren't church ladies any more than any other NFL team, but there's a massive difference between Manziel wearing a wig at Vegas blackjack table and Watson's predilection for what are probably 100+ massage parlor trips. The Browns will be very very stupid to do this. Give up 3 firsts for that? For a MAYBE rent-a-QB SB win?

Another report just came out that Houston does not want Baker in a trade, they are going with Davis Mills. The report also stated that Baker may get traded even if the Browns do not get Watson.

Starting to look like the beginning of the end for Baker & the Browns. If not a current veteran (Jimmy G) the Browns with the 13th pick could probably get any of the rookie qb’s except Liberty’s Malik Willis who will probably go in the top 10 (Seattle @ 9).
Why would they trade Baker and draft a QB from this lame class?

I'm all for passing on Watson to get Jimmy G, if we have to move on from Baker. Realistically, it might make more sense for a Browns-49ers-Colts trade, sending Jimmy G to Cleveland and Baker to the Colts. Throw some Draft Picks and random players in it and call it a done deal. Too much baggage with Watson.

OldSoulon - Perhaps the Browns organization watched the games last year and believes they can not win with Baker. Jimmy G could be a possibility but he can only be had via trade. Other qb’s: Winston is a free agent. Not too many options are left.

It's over. From Baker's Twitter:

Cleveland,

The past 4 years have been nothing short of truly life changing since I heard my name called in the draft to go to Cleveland. This is not a message with hidden meaning. This is strictly to thank the city of Cleveland for embracing my family and me. We have made many memories and shared growing in this process through all the ups and downs. I have no clue what happens next, which is the meaning behind the silence I have had during the duration of this process. I can only control what I can, which is trusting in God’s plan throughout this process. I have given this franchise everything I have. That is something I’ve always done at every stage, and at every level. And that will not change wherever I take my next snap. Whatever happens… I just want to say thank you to the fans who truly embraced who I am and the mentality that aligned so well with this city’s hard working people. Cleveland will always be a part of Emily and my story. And we will always be thankful for the impact it has had and will have in our lives.

Sincerely,

Baker Reagan Mayfield.

Not that I think Baker Mayfield will win a Super Bowl but I suspect he will win one before DeShaun Watson does in Cleveland.

This feels like Christmas shopping a few days before Christmas and trying to buy the hot toy for 10 times it's real value.

Yes, DeShaun Watson is a decent QB but is he really the answer for the Browns? I can't remember too many veterans coming to Cleveland that have lived up to the hype. Probably gets suspended for a few games and the Browns might be out of the playoffs before he takes a snap. Don't buy the Cabbage Patch Doll!!

Not that I think Baker Mayfield will win a Super Bowl but I suspect he will win one before DeShaun Watson does in Cleveland.

This feels like Christmas shopping a few days before Christmas and trying to buy the hot toy for 10 times it's real value.

Yes, DeShaun Watson is a decent QB but is he really the answer for the Browns? I can't remember too many veterans coming to Cleveland that have lived up to the hype. Probably gets suspended for a few games and the Browns might be out of the playoffs before he takes a snap. Don't buy the Cabbage Patch Doll!!
Don't even put Mayfield and Watson in the same sentence, DW is heads and shoulders better than flag man. Watson is more than a decent QB, like I said in previous post hope the Browns do not make the deal.

In NFL QB is everything, just look at what Burrow did for the Bengals, Watson is one of the top QB's in the league personally hope it doesn't happen being a Bengals fan.
Of course I’d trade Mayfield straight up for Watson.

But you need to include at least two first round picks and a couple key players.

And Watson might be suspended for six games.

No, thanks.

I have a feeling the Steelers are going to be in a better position with Trubisky than the Browns will be … without both Watson and Baker!

So is Watson better than a healthy Baker?
I've been a Baker supporter, and expect Baker to return to 2020 form once healthy.

Having said that, yes, Watson is certainly better than a healthy Baker. But the asking price is just way too high, Baker, plus other starters (Newsome or Ward), plus multiple first round picks?

I don't get a vote, but I'd vote no. It should not even be considered. Just by taking the flight to Houston and having the meeting, they have cut the legs out from under Baker and undermined the chemistry of the team. I wish my favorite sports teams (Browns, Reds) were not managed by morons.

I've been a Baker supporter, and expect Baker to return to 2020 form once healthy.

Having said that, yes, Watson is certainly better than a healthy Baker. But the asking price is just way too high, Baker, plus other starters (Newsome or Ward), plus multiple first round picks?

I don't get a vote, but I'd vote no. It should not even be considered. Just by taking the flight to Houston and having the meeting, they have cut the legs out from under Baker and undermined the chemistry of the team. I wish my favorite sports teams (Browns, Reds) were not managed by morons.
Dang, if you cut Baker off at the legs he would only be two foot tall

OK, so if Watson is THAT GOOD, and valuable enough to bring this type of a haul in trade, why are the Texans going to trade him?

And I think he is a very good player.

Also, it's being said by insiders that the Browns are not the front runners for Watson.

So if you don't get Watson and at the same time you've all but told Mayfield, "You're not our guy", where does that leave you?

If Watson doesn't come here, the team is screwed.

OK, so if Watson is THAT GOOD, and valuable enough to bring this type of a haul in trade, why are the Texans going to trade him?

And I think he is a very good player.

Also, it's being said by insiders that the Browns are not the front runners for Watson.

So if you don't get Watson and at the same time you've all but told Mayfield, "You're not our guy", where does that leave you?

Yup. He's likely going to New Orleans or Carolina. And if he ends up in New Orleans, there's a scenario where the Browns could end up with Famous Jameis. Either way, they'll likely be forced to start Keenum at the beginning of the season.

I agree - this whole thing has not been handled well by the Browns.

Rumor is, Watson didn't want to come to Cleveland as he hates playing in cold weather.