#PACtion™ 2024

Hate changing the subject from Tuslaw's new warmup routine, and electrical apprenticeships, but curious from you Yappi Vets and this trust tree of PACtion if in any of your illustrious Yappi careers, have you or a post of yours been the cause of the thread being removed? Pretty sure I just did that on another thread (unintentionally) I know for a fact that a lot of people, especially the kids and athletes that we appropriately discuss on these very forums have burner accounts. They have various handle or screen names, and they post goofy stuff just to get a rise out of people. I personally don't have a problem with it, at the same time, I'm not condoning it either, but basically, I was pretty sure one of these burner accounts or posts popped up, I pointed it out or poked fun at it, and someone got their panties all in a bunch and tried to lecture me about this being a legitimate outlet or channel, I forget the exact wording, but someone was taking things a little too seriously and I was pointing out the possible "fake news" not the one posting it. I refreshed my page to see if said hurt feelings poster responded, and the thread was gone. Can't we all just get a long LOL

1713203323662.png

Hate changing the subject from Tuslaw's new warmup routine, and electrical apprenticeships, but curious from you Yappi Vets and this trust tree of PACtion if in any of your illustrious Yappi careers, have you or a post of yours been the cause of the thread being removed? Pretty sure I just did that on another thread (unintentionally) I know for a fact that a lot of people, especially the kids and athletes that we appropriately discuss on these very forums have burner accounts. They have various handle or screen names, and they post goofy stuff just to get a rise out of people. I personally don't have a problem with it, at the same time, I'm not condoning it either, but basically, I was pretty sure one of these burner accounts or posts popped up, I pointed it out or poked fun at it, and someone got their panties all in a bunch and tried to lecture me about this being a legitimate outlet or channel, I forget the exact wording, but someone was taking things a little too seriously and I was pointing out the possible "fake news" not the one posting it. I refreshed my page to see if said hurt feelings poster responded, and the thread was gone. Can't we all just get a long LOL

View attachment 57380
The EBC thread a few years ago got hijacked but what we all assumed were kids posing as different coaches, their wives, and even a few rumored Mistresses. It was wildly entertaining for the few days it was allowed to exist before all the posts got wiped

View attachment 57380
It's interesting that you mention burner accounts with young people because my experience, or strong suspicion, is that Yappi (especially high school football) skews towards a mostly older demographic. I'm a few years away from that age group but not yet.

All I have to do is mention Major League Soccer is a good idea for an expansion sports team in Cleveland or Pittsburgh (even though I don't even personally watch it but I can see the value of the sport in general with adding another sports team to the local landscape) and I get a very 1980's tuff anti-soccer response. That's the old generation's opinion.....bright and shiny.

Go read the political "debate" forum here. It's a simpleton argument back and forth making me think Bush is still President and it's the year 2002. Definitely an older crowd in those threads.

Despite all that, I've found these forums are a hell of a lot of fun and the edit/delete button can be your own best friend.

I'd be surprised if many people younger than 30 are posting here.

If you posted something that poked fun at one of the Tuslaw sacred cow sports like wrestling or an entrenched Tuslaw baseball coach who's been there forever.....you're going to get that sort of reaction. That's why if you want to poke fun at groundskeeper willy, JUST COME TO THE FOOTBALL FORUM!

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

It's interesting that you mention burner accounts with young people because my experience, or strong suspicion, is that Yappi (especially high school football) skews towards a mostly older demographic. I'm a few years away from that age group but not yet.

All I have to do is mention Major League Soccer is a good idea for an expansion sports team in Cleveland or Pittsburgh (even though I don't even personally watch it but I can see the value of the sport in general with adding another sports team to the local landscape) and I get a very 1980's tuff anti-soccer response. That's the old generation's opinion.....bright and shiny.

Go read the political "debate" forum here. It's a simpleton argument back and forth making me think Bush is still President and it's the year 2002. Definitely an older crowd in those threads.

Despite all that, I've found these forums are a hell of a lot of fun and the edit/delete button can be your own best friend.

If you posted something that poked fun at one of the Tuslaw sacred cow sports like wrestling or an entrenched Tuslaw baseball coach who's been there forever.....you're going to get that sort of reaction. That's why if you want to poke fun at groundskeeper willy, JUST COME TO THE FOOTBALL FORUM!

I joined with my original account when I was in junior high. There weren't a ton of us that posted on here, but a decent number of the kids my age did at least read what was on here throughout high school. Would be curious to know how many kids in high school still read or if that has declined over the years as the younger demographic moves away from internet forums like these.

What? You're saying this group isn't posting here?
Snl Season 47 GIF by Saturday Night Live

Shocked GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

I joined with my original account when I was in junior high. There weren't a ton of us that posted on here, but a decent number of the kids my age did at least read what was on here throughout high school. Would be curious to know how many kids in high school still read or if that has declined over the years as the younger demographic moves away from internet forums like these.
I sure as hell would have if it was around in my day. OMG we would have had a field day. It was for the best that it wasn't around back then.

I started posting here 5 years ago when I was a high school junior, but I've been reading since sixth grade because it was and is the best place to get live score updates for various games.

As far as I know, no other Green students knew about Yappi when I was there. The football players did know about Joe Eitels website though.

I remember reading through the Stark County Banter threads about ten years ago. Those were always entertaining.

I fully agree the demographic is much older on here overall. Maybe not pushing that of the average age during supper time aka 4:30 at Bella Sera in Massillon, but on the downward slide LOL. Someone on the other thread was just wound a little too tight, maybe thought their wrestler should have been ranked 3rd instead of 6th on Boro or Dubstat

I fully agree the demographic is much older on here overall. Maybe not pushing that of the average age during supper time aka 4:30 at Bella Sera in Massillon, but on the downward slide LOL. Someone on the other thread was just wound a little too tight, maybe thought their wrestler should have been ranked 3rd instead of 6th on Boro or Dubstat
Maybe not pushing that of the average age during supper time aka 4:30 at Bella Sera in Massillon, but on the downward slide LOL.

You want some youth and grizzled tuffness find the supper crowd from Padula's in Massillon.

Too bad you didn't discover Yappi in the old THS library with the stern library leadership of Penny Gamber.

That's some serious old school Slaw and Massillon tuffness.

I've had good Italian food at Bella Sera. One morning at the Massillon Rec Center I was swimming laps and I got to talking to the other dude swimming laps and he turned out to be the top guy owning & managing said Bella Sera. He was originally from Jersey if I remember correctly. He knew Italian food. Nice guy.

I started posting here 5 years ago when I was a high school junior, but I've been reading since sixth grade because it was and is the best place to get live score updates for various games.

As far as I know, no other Green students knew about Yappi when I was there. The football players did know about Joe Eitels website though.

I remember reading through the Stark County Banter threads about ten years ago. Those were always entertaining.
Joe Eitel is an American hero.

Also what was the good little apple orchard off Arlington in Green? My apple orchard obsessed mother used to go there?

I hate to say this you old past gases.....but the kids have twitter....they have no clue about this place. The coaches have an idea but they use it only to get updated scores after our game. It is good for this if twitter isn't involved....now back to my electric hottness...lol

View attachment 57380
The only thing I have seen and has been in some Fed threads....the mods will wipe a ton of posts into oblivion, and if you are really causing an issue they put you on timeout and you can't post for an x amount of time...if you would like I will report you and see what happens...lol

Last edited:

Now I know why I have to correct your history every once in awhile....that is because you have no history....lol

I would suggest you just watch Pro Wrestling and let Rich give us pictures of the back in the day Titans! ...lol

Stupid stat of the day....Cleveland shut out Boston in Boston for first time since 2005
Respectfully, a declining share of the sports marketplace care about the Dolan Discounts. Thus MLB Commissioner Rob Manfred has been like a mad scientist throwing every new gimmick he can at his sport.

Speaking of can I have a refund of the $200 million Liddle Mikey DeWine gave his political buddies the Dolans for renovations to Regressive Field? Did the $200 million remove the shipping containers from the upper deck?

The $200 million was never voted on by Ohio voters and was slammed into Liddle Mikey's state budget without a vote of the people but we could vote against Matt Dolan in the primary as retribution and did.

The last hot thing about the Dolan Discounts was when Katie Witham was the TV onfield reporter.

On a national level when Bob Costas is the voice of your sport, you suck discharge from the St. Helena II.

In the big picture you're gonna have a problem connecting with most Americans who live west of the Lehigh Valley with such an East Coast dominant sport and a tool bag like Costas prominently featured.

Rob Manfred needs a table, ladder, and chairs match.

This is like after dinner at Ray Gibbons house:

200w (26).gif

Last edited:
Just listened to the Kelce's podcast with Arnold today. At the end they asked him if he thought we were close to a real world Terminator (ie - AI) situation. His answer seems appropriate as an overall theme for all interactive web sites - "I worry more about stupid people than I do about artificial intelligence.

Now I know why I have to correct your history every once in awhile....that is because you have no history....lol
The first high school game I ever went to was Lake at Green in 2011. Bulldogs upset the defending Region 7 champs 24-14. The stadium was packed for that one. Obviously I've yet to see Green win at Blue Streak Stadium, but hopefully that day will come.

I went to 37 out of 40 games when I was in high school. Green won just 8 of them. Since then I've been to 13 games, 10 of which have been victories.

Even though we're supposed to be arch rivals, I actually like Lake. In federal league games not involving Green, I root for Lake and Perry most often. The one school I can't stand is Hoover.