#PACtion™ 2024

If you are talking microfilm....that would be at the library...if that is the case....you have to find the appropriate newspaper, open the right shelf which has the appropriate date and hope it is there, load the tape thru a couple guides on a machine that will take the film and project on a screen...make sure you pick a machine that has a electric winder if not you will be hand cranking, run it for awhile to see what date the paper is at....and they do include the ads... then read and then rewind completely when done. Would you be talking this set up?...lol
I wasted an entire weekend at the main library in downtown town Cleveland doing a school project on Acid Rain in front of one of those viewers. It turned into me and my buddy loading reels and having a "race" to see who's machine was faster.

Listened and watched this....

1. Jim Johnson....great voice and style for radio sports...off air was a tough person to like....if you didn't know him and saw him out you would think some what homeless
2. Stark County Hi-Notes in the Saturday edition of the Plain Dealer....I forgot about that...I would try to find a Saturday PD...usually the library
3. Why didn't you warn the unsuspecting that Todd Porter was in this
4. "I will see you the next time will be the best time"
5. "You don't have to play a sport to be a sport"
6. Forgot that the Plain Dealer had a Canton Bureau for them
7. Who is Tim Haverstock
8. Hymie's prediction of my Blue Streaks over Defiance was just a tad off
9. Scott Davis Cameras/Fl. Director....that means Scott and Todd in the same room....wow

Some how I relived the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, and 2000's of my life in 28:50 minutes ....I don't know what to say...lol
The Pizza Oven radio ad Hymie did....words can not describe.

I wasted an entire weekend at the main library in downtown town Cleveland doing a school project on Acid Rain in front of one of those viewers. It turned into me and my buddy loading reels and having a "race" to see who's machine was faster.
One you are telling us you are old....lol...say acid rain to a kid at any school and they will go what? How did we know about acid rain...the media and colleges Now do we even hear about this...lol...what were the consequences of acid rain going to be in 50 years if we did nothing? In 1973 the cover of Newsweek said were going to run out of oil in ten years also....lol...Gretta Thomberg told us in 2017 if we didn't change then climate change would have dire consequences for us in 2024...she deleted that info a month ago and said nothing.

Last edited:
One you are telling us you are old....lol...say acid rain to a kid at any school and they will go what? How did we know about acid rain...the media and colleges Now do we even hear about this...lol...what were the consequences of acid rain going to be in 50 years if we did nothing? In 1973 the cover of Newsweek said were going to run out of oil in ten years also....lol...Gretta Thomberg told us in 2017 if we didn't change that climate change would have dire consequences for us in 2024...she deleted that info a month ago and said nothing.
I was born in 1973, acid rain was going to be the end of us for sure. Yet, here we are still 😂

I was born in 1973, acid rain was going to be the end of us for sure. Yet, here we are still 😂
Even better! The magnetic north pole has moved 50 miles since you were born! How do we know this....had to adjust compasses so the airplanes would not miss the airport by 50 miles....what does this mean....the earth is revolving around the sun and our magnetosphere...which generates a magnetic field to protect us from radiation generated by the sun from solar winds has changed...if the magnetic field has moved what does this do to the solar winds...could this change wind patterns by the sun

Even better! The magnetic north pole has moved 50 miles since you were born! How do we know this....had to adjust compasses so the airplanes would not miss the airport by 50 miles....what does this mean....the earth is revolving around the sun and our magnetosphere...which generates a magnetic field to protect us from radiation generated by the sun from solar winds has changed...if the magnetic field has moved what does this do to the solar winds...could this change wind patterns by the sun
1000001774.jpg

I was at that game. I was living in Annapolis, Maryland at the time, but I usually came home for two or three weekends a year to visit family. We would run that hook and lateral play in practice all the time, and for me, that was back in the late 70s.
There were three plays we ran in practice but never the game- green special pass where the halfback runs through the line to grab a pass, the insane halfback screen play, and the hook and ladder. One thing of note, we never practiced the halfback pass, yet, I was on the receiver my end of that one in games! Odd choices.

Listened and watched this....

1. Jim Johnson....great voice and style for radio sports...off air was a tough person to like....if you didn't know him and saw him out you would think some what homeless
2. Stark County Hi-Notes in the Saturday edition of the Plain Dealer....I forgot about that...I would try to find a Saturday PD...usually the library
3. Why didn't you warn the unsuspecting that Todd Porter was in this
4. "I will see you the next time will be the best time"
5. "You don't have to play a sport to be a sport"
6. Forgot that the Plain Dealer had a Canton Bureau for them
7. Who is Tim Haverstock
8. Hymie's prediction of my Blue Streaks over Defiance was just a tad off
9. Scott Davis Cameras/Fl. Director....that means Scott and Todd in the same room....wow

Some how I relived the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, and 2000's of my life in 28:50 minutes ....I don't know what to say...lol
1. Jim Johnson looking like he was homeless....he worked in radio in small market Canton. In other words, poor.

2. Tim Haverstock is from the J Babe Stern community center in Canton and does some TV sports shows.

3. Scott Davis running the camera means you're lucky the camera wasn't shaking from Foster Brooks-like shaky hands or entirely knocked over and on the floor.

There were three plays we ran in practice but never the game- green special pass where the halfback runs through the line to grab a pass, the insane halfback screen play, and the hook and ladder. One thing of note, we never practiced the halfback pass, yet, I was on the receiver my end of that one in games! Odd choices.
We practiced the screen but never ran it. We ran the hook and lateral play once in a game my senior season, the receiver caught the ball but didn't pitch it because he was hit immediately.

The Green Special Pass! Love that play. When did you graduate? Do you know the history behind the Green Special Pass? We still ran it a lot when I was in school. It was highly effective against blitzing teams and teams that ran eight men in the box (6-2 or 5-3), which almost no one does anymore. It was drawn up in the dirt on the sidelines late in the fourth quarter of a game at Green in 1976. Green ran a 6-2 back then and had at least one linebacker, and sometimes both, coming on every play. It was designed to take advantage of the vacated middle and the safety shading and being occupied by the slot. On that night, QB Doug Miller hit TB Billy Miller (No relation, but you have to be old like me and 7Diamond to remember those names!) for like 60 yards and the game winning TD. I was a freshman and up in the stands, so I had a pretty good vantage point (Freshman did not suit up with the Varsity or JV back then). I can still remember seeing that play unfold and Billy running all alone down the seam. It was a thing of beauty.

Things around here at PACtion™ are getting soft and not tuff.

Former PACtion™ member Canton Timken on WOAC TV 67 vs Keith Wakefield with Scott Davis and Tom Cannell on the mic is tuffness. @Bluestreakoffice will watch this entire video and offer a critique because that's tuffness:

PACtion™

#BRING BACK THE TIMKEN TROJANS TO PACtion™

I went into the bargain bin at Sommers Discount Market in Hartville and unearthed this gem featuring PACtion™ member Tuslaw playing Lake. From 1965. This is tuffness:

1711395077608.png

We practiced the screen but never ran it. We ran the hook and lateral play once in a game my senior season, the receiver caught the ball but didn't pitch it because he was hit immediately.

The Green Special Pass! Love that play. When did you graduate? Do you know the history behind the Green Special Pass? We still ran it a lot when I was in school. It was highly effective against blitzing teams and teams that ran eight men in the box (6-2 or 5-3), which almost no one does anymore. It was drawn up in the dirt on the sidelines late in the fourth quarter of a game at Green in 1976. Green ran a 6-2 back then and had at least one linebacker, and sometimes both, coming on every play. It was designed to take advantage of the vacated middle and the safety shading and being occupied by the slot. On that night, QB Doug Miller hit TB Billy Miller (No relation, but you have to be old like me and 7Diamond to remember those names!) for like 60 yards and the game winning TD. I was a freshman and up in the stands, so I had a pretty good vantage point (Freshman did not suit up with the Varsity or JV back then). I can still remember seeing that play unfold and Billy running all alone down the seam. It was a thing of beauty.
Here you go @TopCat ... some of the details are a bit different, but the names fit the description.

1711394793104.png

Things around here at PACtion™ are getting soft and not tuff.

Former PACtion™ member Canton Timken on WOAC TV 67 vs Keith Wakefield with Scott Davis and Tom Cannell on the mic is tuffness. @Bluestreakoffice will watch this entire video and offer a critique because that's tuffness:

PACtion™

#BRING BACK THE TIMKEN TROJANS TO PACtion™
I do not remember Timken ever beating Central and Canton South in the same year...lol....Head coach Lonnie Ford story..a former coach of Timken...we were beating them bad at half....so on his way back to the locker room he stopped by the concession stand and got 3 hot dogs...lol

I went into the bargain bin at Sommers Discount Market in Hartville and unearthed this gem featuring PACtion™ member Tuslaw playing Lake. From 1965. This is tuffness:

View attachment 56363
Lol....I see you found my website...I am in charge of a lot of it....we have a guy that is the IT man that runs it....That is why I keep asking cuyahogacuse where he keeps getting his info...I want an easier way....I am tired of going down to the library to look stuff up....lol...and since we were covered by the Rep and the Beacon...I went with all my info from the Rep...to then run down to the main library in downtown Akron for the Beacon microfilm seems so far away...lol...

The school records were established by me and John Demarco using a lot of info from the microfilm...but I had a lot of the info because I saved everything....then I knew the previous coaches to get their scrap books...to show how somethings were decided John asked me how are we going to find the longest fumble recovery return for a touchdown...I looked at him and said would 95 yards work...he asked why...well Wayne Miller (of the Hartville Kitchen fame) recovered a fumble against West Branch in 1971 at our 5 and ran it back to win the game for us....he asked how I knew this...I said I was there...lol

Last edited:
I do not remember Timken ever beating Central and Canton South in the same year...lol....Head coach Lonnie Ford story..a former coach of Timken...we were beating them bad at half....so on his way back to the locker room he stopped by the concession stand and got 3 hot dogs...lol
Getting 3 dogs is tuffness and better than Phil Here Today, Gone To-Mauro who would have bought a bus ticket out of town at halftime on to his next coaching gig.

Lol....I see you found my website...I am in charge of a lot of it....we have a guy that is the IT man that runs it....That is why I keep asking cuyahogacuse where he keeps getting his info...I want an easier way....I am tired of going down to the library to look stuff up....lol...and since we were covered by the Rep and the Beacon...I went with all my info from the Rep...to then run down to the main library in downtown Akron for the Beacon microfilm seems so far away...lol...

The school records were established by me and John Demarco using a lot of info from the microfilm...but I had a lot of the info because I saved everything....then I knew the previous coaches to get their scrap books...to show how somethings were decided John asked me how are we going to find the longest fumble recovery return for a touchdown...I looked at him and said would 95 yards work...he asked why...well Wayne Miller (of the Hartville Kitchen fame) recovered a fumble against West Branch in 1971 at our 5 and ran it back to win the game for us....he asked how I knew this...I said I was there...lol
That's all good.....and a good story....you need to sell some sponsors for the website and get "ten percent for the big guy."

Maybe take that loot over to Sommers and load up on Walnut Creek brand groceries and if they have Streb's scrapple, buy it.

Getting 3 dogs is tuffness and better than Phil Here Today, Gone To-Mauro who would have bought a bus ticket out of town at halftime on to his next coaching gig.
Phil could use the dogs...he needs some weight...Lonnie would have been better if he hadn't

Phil could use the dogs...he needs some weight...Lonnie would have been better if he hadn't

Phil's moving too much to gain weight.

Three hot dogs are great if you don't have breakfast. The whole fasting thingy.....

Phil's moving too much to gain weight.

Three hot dogs are great if you don't have breakfast. The whole fasting thingy.....
I am pretty sure Lonnie didn't miss a meal....lol...in 1988 we played Dayton Jefferson and their head coach was Lonnie...for some unknown reason he didn't come up for the game...he sent his assistant coaches...he had a great staff...with him not there his assistants called a game that they had never shown on film...we had no idea what to do...we only beat them 17 to 8...lol