#PACtion™ 2024

1) Dial - what he's doing with the BellStores NIL is amazing
2) Dennison - experience and a winner
3) Sarbaugh - he's done a good job in Justus
4) Demarco - experienced
5) Kelly - did a fine job year one
6) Stacy - needs more time
7) Zuercher - he gets the least out of the most. If he beats Wooster I'll shoot him up the charts and I'd love to see it and take back my comment.

This is a good group of coaches.
This is real close to my first thoughts as well. I’m a fan of the young’ns at 6 & 7. Orrville, you’re on the clock now.

I was anticipating this question. So I spent a few minutes this afternoon digging into the archives, to draw up the comparison below. And before you say ... "Wait. CVCA isn't in the conference anymore" ... if I'm doing the research, the Royals are in the comparison ... at least until after the Fall 2024 round robin.

Takeaways:
  • Who would have thunk that The Winningest Coach in Fairless ,Falcon History would be the Dean of PAC coaches, as AJ Sarbaugh enters his 7th year as leader of the Ring of Fire?
  • DeMarco enters Year 5 at Northwest. He had a great first year with an elite QB. But he's still won more than he's lost in the years since then as he approaches the 100-win mark for his career overall
  • Of the three coaches that came on board in 2021, Dennison inherited a generational talent and went 30-9, including a 6-3 playoff record in that span. This year is Year 24 on the sidelines and he is within shouting distance of 200 career wins in the next few seasons if he can keep it going
  • Zeurcher has had periods of success and also some woeful seasons, including a winless campaign at Waynedale. The 2022 season was a surprise and the Red Riders came back to earth a year ago. Can he right the ship long-term? Or is the .449 winning percentage more indicative of what the future is in Orrville? It's hard to follow a local legend. Doug Davault wasn't a Koach (who is?), but it's hard to follow the guy with one state championship, two PAC championships and five regional finals.
  • Nick Cook started with a hiccup 5-6 season, but but is 7 games over .500 after three years (15-7 since 2022) and has kept the arrow pointed up at CVCA, which was 30-14 in the last four years under his predecessor. Cook's team recorded the first 8-win regular season on the east side of Wyoga Lake Road since 2008. There is a lot returning and more at the younger levels (hint: two Kopecs are better than one!). CVCA would likely be PAC favorites if they could compete for one final year. The challenge? Learning how to compete with the Auroras and Chardons of Division 3.
  • The jury is out on the coaching class of 2023. Kevin Stacy and Cody Kelly are both in their first coaching gigs. Both teams showed some moxie in 2023. Can they get the kids out in the numbers required to succeed?
  • And that leads to Tuslaw. The Mustangs just hired a coach that is 50 games over .500 in a career that is only 7 years out from the starting line. Nearly 21% of Broc Dial's career victories are playoff wins! He's young enough that he would still qualify for a "40 Under 40" list if there were such a thing. And it's not as if he inherited a winner in his last stop. Dalton was 16-34 in the five seasons prior to his arrival.
Tuslaw just hit a home run.

Discuss!

View attachment 55416
This is amazing research’ Cuse! What stands out are how successful the PACtion triple Ds (Dennison, Demarco & Dial) are.

Unfortunately, this chart also shows that Zuercher has a chance to be the coach that rode 2 good programs to the ground. Waynedale was historically a top tier WCAL team and Orrville was, well, Orrville. Neither district is the same it used to be, but not sure I’d want that as my coaching epitaph.

I’ve always felt CCC would be a good fit for this conference. We already play at the youth level. We have good history with most of the members. Seems logical to me.
This got skipped over earlier, but I still wonder peoples thoughts.

Middle school already plays Canton South Northwest and Fairless. CCC scrimmages Canton South yearly. We play Orrville this year and have good history with them also. Have had great battles with Manchester in the playoffs in the past too.

Just wonder if it makes sense.

Middle school already plays Canton South Northwest and Fairless. CCC scrimmages Canton South yearly. We play Orrville this year and have good history with them also. Have had great battles with Manchester in the playoffs in the past too.

CVCA was just ran out of the league being the only private school in the conference so I doubt CCC is going to be invited. CVCA won or was co champ in football maybe 2-3 times. My bet is that CCC would win the PAC almost yearly with most games being a running clock in football.

CVCA was just ran out of the league being the only private school in the conference so I doubt CCC is going to be invited. CVCA won or was co champ in football maybe 2-3 times. My bet is that CCC would win the PAC almost yearly with most games being a running clock in football.
I think it would be more competitively balanced than you think, especially including all other sports. But your probably right, I doubt they are high on the list of invitees, if one even exists at this point.......
This is amazing research’ Cuse! What stands out are how successful the PACtion triple Ds (Dennison, Demarco & Dial) are.

Unfortunately, this chart also shows that Zuercher has a chance to be the coach that rode 2 good programs to the ground. Waynedale was historically a top tier WCAL team and Orrville was, well, Orrville. Neither district is the same it used to be, but not sure I’d want that as my coaching epitaph.
If Dial continues with those % at least for a couple years, they may erect a statue in his honor and the torch be passed from the legendary Jim Kurzen aka "Mr. Mustang"

1709730089994.png

As a Tuslaw person, I personally would say I would be fine with and enjoy playing CCC in all non-football sports. However, from a football perspective, I am not sure there has been a single season over the last 25 years where Tuslaw would have been favored over CCC so I am not sure there is any benefit of that game being played at this point. Plus the thought of a rebuilding D6 public school program potentially having a three game stretch of Northwest/Canton South/CCC does not sound all that fun.

I think it would be more competitively balanced than you think, especially including all other sports. But your probably right, I doubt they are high on the list of invitees, if one even exists at this point.......

If Dial continues with those % at least for a couple years, they may erect a statue in his honor and the torch be passed from the legendary Jim Kurzen aka "Mr. Mustang"

View attachment 55437
I agree with you about other sports being competitive, but football is the driver in league affiliation decisions probably 95% of the time. We all know CCC would dog walk just about every one in the PAC on a more than regular basis. A few exceptions here and there but for the most part it wouldn't be good for most PAC teams playing CCC.

I agree with you about other sports being competitive, but football is the driver in league affiliation decisions probably 95% of the time. We all know CCC would dog walk just about every one in the PAC on a more than regular basis. A few exceptions here and there but for the most part it wouldn't be good for most PAC teams playing CCC.
I'm not sure of that. A couple times a decade, sure. Every 15-20 years we have a state championship team. There's plenty of years where CCC is just average though.

1. Compliments on quoting your own post to ensure it gets seen. That's a great way to earn the "HEY! LOOK AT ME!" merit badge

2. Does CCC want in the PAC? Because if they join, they'll lose the "but we play an unbelievably tough schedule" card that they like to play every time they end up with a .500 record

3. A D6 private school could be a fit for the current league, but it would depend if the D4s would accept since it would hurt them the most for playoff seeding.

4. If the PAC let in a D6 school with green colors that wasn't named Mogadore . . . . watchout! There's a few folks on here that would lose their collective crap!

1. Compliments on quoting your own post to ensure it gets seen. That's a great way to earn the "HEY! LOOK AT ME!" merit badge

2. Does CCC want in the PAC? Because if they join, they'll lose the "but we play an unbelievably tough schedule" card that they like to play every time they end up with a .500 record

3. A D6 private school could be a fit for the current league, but it would depend if the D4s would accept since it would hurt them the most for playoff seeding.

4. If the PAC let in a D6 school with green colors that wasn't named Mogadore . . . . watchout! There's a few folks on here that would lose their collective crap!

1. I did give it about a month, not like a day. Sorry for any trauma it may have caused you to read it again :(

2. No idea if they do. Just a thought, since games take place at different levels and CCC isn't in a league. Also, not sure if it's "a card they play" since it's true and I've never heard any CCC fan claim they're an amazing program and brag otherwise lol.

3. This is a good point. It would be more beneficial to CCC than the current members, for sure. Tuslaw's d6 right?

4. This is probably true, too.

Either way.. it was just a thought that I'm sure is pretty unlikely to ever happen. Just seems like make sense most years. Sorry if that ruined your morning.

1) Dial - what he's doing with the BellStores NIL is amazing
2) Dennison - experience and a winner
3) Sarbaugh - he's done a good job in Justus
4) Demarco - experienced
5) Kelly - did a fine job year one
6) Stacy - needs more time
7) Zuercher - he gets the least out of the most. If he beats Wooster I'll shoot him up the charts and I'd love to see it and take back my comment.

This is a good group of coaches.
I would switch Demarco and Sarbaugh. Sarbaugh lucked into Carson Colucci - without him at QB, what would the record have been the last 3 years? You saw decline last year when Colucci lost his playmakers...now you lose him....I think Fairless is coming back to earth...

And too early to tell with Stacy. If this list was based on potential, he'd be much higher. A year or two from now the top 4 could easily be:
Dial
Dennison
Stacy
Demarco

1. I did give it about a month, not like a day. Sorry for any trauma it may have caused you to read it again :(

2. No idea if they do. Just a thought, since games take place at different levels and CCC isn't in a league. Also, not sure if it's "a card they play" since it's true and I've never heard any CCC fan claim they're an amazing program and brag otherwise lol.

3. This is a good point. It would be more beneficial to CCC than the current members, for sure. Tuslaw's d6 right?

4. This is probably true, too.

Either way.. it was just a thought that I'm sure is pretty unlikely to ever happen. Just seems like make sense most years. Sorry if that ruined your morning.
If CCC wants to join PACtion2024™ you'll have to have thicker skin. Few realize, but Hooter's borrowed their catchphrase from PACtion2024™.

1709734319846.png

Fair enough. Judging by the replies, I’m not sure it’s us who needs to toughen up though lol.
Could be. But if I told you that aside from those 3 amazing CCC-Coldwater title game years ('14 - '16), CCC is a sub .500 program in the last 20 years, what would your response be?

Could be. But if I told you that aside from those 3 amazing CCC-Coldwater title game years ('14 - '16), CCC is a sub .500 program in the last 20 years, what would your response be?
My response would be what I already said in post 1930, bro lol. Outside of a few teams every 15-20 years CCC is average and wouldn’t be a huge ask for Pac teams to play lol

I would switch Demarco and Sarbaugh. Sarbaugh lucked into Carson Colucci - without him at QB, what would the record have been the last 3 years? You saw decline last year when Colucci lost his playmakers...now you lose him....I think Fairless is coming back to earth...

And too early to tell with Stacy. If this list was based on potential, he'd be much higher. A year or two from now the top 4 could easily be:
Dial
Dennison
Stacy
Demarco
Didn't Dennison luck into Poochie? What would Canton South have been without him? What about Demarco without Mick? Would he even be around there with all the average seasons they've piled up since he graduated?

We'll see, gonna be a real test of just how high a good coach can elevate mediocre athletes
Friendly little reminder, with common sense (not even good or great) coaching, they would have been at least 6-4 last year, yes if my aunt had ballz she'd be my uncle, c'mon Shoot. Gotta play the games and see what happens but majority of them are far from mediocre and this is far from just daddy talking, didn't take a genius or anyone to know a thing about football to see the problems there and it was/isn't talent

Didn't Dennison luck into Poochie? What would Canton South have been without him? What about Demarco without Mick? Would he even be around there with all the average seasons they've piled up since he graduated?
Won't say he didn't, however, Pooch was/is a generational talent, but shooting holes in your own argument. Insert Pooch on the bottom of the barrel (Tuslaw) last year, they win maybe one more game if that. Insert any of the top half of the coaching staff from the PAC, they are minimum 5-5. Coaching MATTERS, and it wasn't just Poochie on that team, he had weapons everywhere.

Welcome CCC folks to #PACtion™. Please don't turn us all into frat bros with that "bro" talk. LoL

1*cQZZbEerQ8y1kTUr6UdJIw.png

CCC would be a great add competitively across all sports, especially in baseball. How close is the nearest BellStores to CCC's campus?
I think BellStores has a thing against Perry Twp. I can’t think of any.

I get what you're saying. The difference is Demarco & Dennsion were substantially above .500 before they ever coached Mike/Poochie. 22 of Sarbaugh's 35 career wins came with Collucci at QB. Not saying he's not a good coach, but time will tell.

Friendly little reminder, with common sense (not even good or great) coaching, they would have been at least 6-4 last year, yes if my aunt had ballz she'd be my uncle, c'mon Shoot. Gotta play the games and see what happens but majority of them are far from mediocre and this is far from just daddy talking, didn't take a genius or anyone to know a thing about football to see the problems there and it was/isn't talent
No offense but they only played ONE team last year with a winning record and were outscored 50-226 in league play. Comparing that to the second worst team in the league, the 1-9 Manchester Panthers, they were outscored 124-196. Coaching absolutely matters but I don't know if prime Vince Lombardi is helping a team with a -176 point differential win any more games than the two they won last year

I get what you're saying. The difference is Demarco & Dennsion were substantially above .500 before they ever coached Mike/Poochie. 22 of Sarbaugh's 35 career wins came with Collucci at QB. Not saying he's not a good coach, but time will tell.
Doesn't inheriting quality programs play a much bigger role in those records than anything else? Sarbaugh is the only one that is still on their first team

Historically Northwest without Mick would have been roughly what they were last year....Canton South might not have the same history but Dennison didn't get to 182 wins by lucking into players. Obviously neither team is as good without those types of players but again, historically Fairless has not been on that level....Also again, I think the proof will be in the pudding this year for the Falcons...