Ohio State Recruiting

Who’s the last offensive skill player from Ohio that actually did anything?
Can’t believe I’m agreeing with you here but you are correct. Just don’t tell that to the guys on the HS forum. They think Ohio football is as good as ever but our players don’t produce at an elite level at the skill positions offensively. Maybe more 7 on 7 now will help idk. Most of the offenses around the state are boring and don’t throw it around.

This is why I have some hesitation on Tavien St. Clair, playing small school football in Ohio just isn’t going to prepare him correctly. He absolutely has all the physical tools but development is going to take a long time. Wish he would have at least transferred to a D1 school.

Hard telling what Cade Stover would have done if he hadn't gotten hurt early in the game against Georgia. I think he was supposed to be a big part of the game plan and would have given Georgia a tough match up.

Not tons of them, by any means, but that doesn’t mean you should discount them when we have some.

What was the last Ohio State RB to do anything? Benny Snell, LeVeon Bell, Kareem Hunt and David Montgomery are recent Ohio RBs in the NFL, but none were Buckeyes.

Not tons of them, by any means, but that doesn’t mean you should discount them when we have some.

What was the last Ohio State RB to do anything? Benny Snell, LeVeon Bell, Kareem Hunt and David Montgomery are recent Ohio RBs in the NFL, but none were Buckeyes.
I guess you don’t remember Ezekiel Elliot, who has been better in college and the nfl than all 4 of those guys. Zeke’s last year was ‘15 and Henderson has been a starter since day 1 (21). You’re actually proving my point. No back from Ohio in that time frame (16-20) was any good. And you must be the only person in the Bennie Snell fan club.

Hard telling what Cade Stover would have done if he hadn't gotten hurt early in the game against Georgia. I think he was supposed to be a big part of the game plan and would have given Georgia a tough match up.
If the best you can come up with is a 4th round pick I rest my case

I guess you don’t remember Ezekiel Elliot, who has been better in college and the nfl than all 4 of those guys. Zeke’s last year was ‘15 and Henderson has been a starter since day 1 (21). You’re actually proving my point. No back from Ohio in that time frame (16-20) was any good. And you must be the only person in the Bennie Snell fan club.
Zeke was great, and I have no issues with OSU recruiting nationally. This is getting off topic from this little subset of the thread, which is one particular player, Marquise Davis, is as good as any football player in the nation IMO and I believe the Buckeyes will regret not putting a full court press on him. Time will tell. The end.

Cade Stover is the only Ohio guy in the last several years that I can remember actually producing anything as a QB, RB, WR, TE, etc. for Ohio State.

You're going back 8-10 years to Braxton, Hyde (I'd consider him an Ohio guy), Vannett, etc. to find the last guys that did anything prior to Stover.

Zeke was great, and I have no issues with OSU recruiting nationally. This is getting off topic from this little subset of the thread, which is one particular player, Marquise Davis, is as good as any football player in the nation IMO and I believe the Buckeyes will regret not putting a full court press on him. Time will tell. The end.
Are you an evaluator? How many of these backs have you watched in person?

If a kid is committing to UK for football over all of the "big 4" regional teams (Ohio State, Michigan, Notre Dame, Penn State) and real national programs like Florida and Tennessee...

He is probably not somebody that seriously wants to compete and be pushed on, and is looking for guaranteed early playing time.

If a kid is committing to UK for football over all of the "big 4" regional teams (Ohio State, Michigan, Notre Dame, Penn State) and real national programs like Florida and Tennessee...

He is probably not somebody that seriously wants to compete and be pushed on, and is looking for guaranteed early playing time.
That is what I suspect. UK promising carries.

Are you an evaluator? How many of these backs have you watched in person?
Yes, I have evaluated some kids for D1 coach friends and no, I do not have a chance to see these kids all play in person. I can watch the HUDL of kids and make an educated judgment. In watching the kid from Cali and Davis I’m not seeing an appreciable difference, are you? I do not know the grades, personal issues about the two RBs, but I suspect there is something beyond talent keeping OSU from being hot for Davis. Also, Davis might just be looking for early carries. The talent is undeniable, though, and I believe three years from now we will all wish he had signed with OSU. Again, time will tell.

Yes, I have evaluated some kids for D1 coach friends and no, I do not have a chance to see these kids all play in person. I can watch the HUDL of kids and make an educated judgment. In watching the kid from Cali and Davis I’m not seeing an appreciable difference, are you? I do not know the grades, personal issues about the two RBs, but I suspect there is something beyond talent keeping OSU from being hot for Davis. Also, Davis might just be looking for early carries. The talent is undeniable, though, and I believe three years from now we will all wish he had signed with OSU. Again, time will tell.
I don’t really care about rankings. Prove it to me when you suit up on Saturdays. One last thing. Not everyone that lives in Ohio grew up a fan of Ohio St. Maybe that has something to do with it. Maybe not. Kid doesn’t want to go Ohio St, that’s cool. Time to find someone that does

I don’t really care about rankings. Prove it to me when you suit up on Saturdays. One last thing. Not everyone that lives in Ohio grew up a fan of Ohio St. Maybe that has something to do with it. Maybe not. Kid doesn’t want to go Ohio St, that’s cool. Time to find someone that does
He may not. I don’t know him. I’ve always been a little worried, with the rise/dominance of the SEC, the proximity of UK was going to attract some of the better Ohio kids to have the SEC experience while remaining close to home. So far it hasn’t happened much, fortunately.

He may not. I don’t know him. I’ve always been a little worried, with the rise/dominance of the SEC, the proximity of UK was going to attract some of the better Ohio kids to have the SEC experience while remaining close to home. So far it hasn’t happened much, fortunately.
I mean what’s the likelihood of OsU ever playing against Davis while he’s at UK? Hell, go beat UGA and Bama

Cade Stover is the only Ohio guy in the last several years that I can remember actually producing anything as a QB, RB, WR, TE, etc. for Ohio State.

You're going back 8-10 years to Braxton, Hyde (I'd consider him an Ohio guy), Vannett, etc. to find the last guys that did anything prior to Stover.
Not just Ohio State, but what Ohio players anywhere?

I find it interesting that with Michigan heading to the land of irrelevancy again, that Oregon is now OSU chief rival for king of the mountain in the Big 10. An after thought for expansion, but with the wild wild west of NIL money, Oregon is one of the top 3 money bags teams in the country. They are the top competitor to OSU in the recruiting battles between the Big 10 teams. They go against OSU for many of the same players and have the bankroll to outspend the Buckeyes. The haves and the have nots is getting more pronounced by the minute.

I find it interesting that with Michigan heading to the land of irrelevancy again, that Oregon is now OSU chief rival for king of the mountain in the Big 10. An after thought for expansion, but with the wild wild west of NIL money, Oregon is one of the top 3 money bags teams in the country. They are the top competitor to OSU in the recruiting battles between the Big 10 teams. They go against OSU for many of the same players and have the bankroll to outspend the Buckeyes. The haves and the have nots is getting more pronounced by the minute.
Do they really have as deep a pockets as Ohio State? They have half the student population and Columbus is way bigger than Eugene. Ohio has about 3 times the population of Oregon.

He is one guy, you can't believe that he has more money than the all of Ohio State alumnus and boosters.
I’m not an OSU alum, but even if I was I would never give a dime to fund NIL. I don’t believe in it. My alma mater constantly begs for contributions for their NIL collectives, but they will never get money from me either. My monetary donations go to more worthy causes. I love college football, but the changes are lessening my interest with each passing year. I feel like they are on their way to completely fugging it up.

I would say Jalin Marshall fits that mold. He was quite the gadget player, especially during that Nat’l Championship run. Devin Smith as well.

He is one guy, you can't believe that he has more money than the all of Ohio State alumnus and boosters.
I stand corrected.
TexasBig 12SEC$ 22,272,474135,517,23957,543,16677,974,073
Ohio StateBig TenBig Ten$ 20,253,400123,232,14959,649,92163,582,228
LSUSECSEC$ 20,137,141122,524,76946,594,94275,929,827
GeorgiaSECSEC$ 18,326,566111,508,29837,192,35374,315,945
Texas A&MSECSEC$ 17,228,714104,828,39750,624,28754,204,110
MichiganBig TenBig Ten$ 16,357,05499,524,76655,266,13544,258,631
AlabamaSECSEC$ 15,995,40697,324,31644,211,01653,113,300
FloridaSECSEC$ 15,802,23796,148,97434,784,70261,364,272
ClemsonACCACC$ 15,258,37492,839,83131,980,35660,859,475

Showing 1 to 10 of 56 entrie

Based on recent news for this class, recruiting isn’t going very well for the players who are uncommitted.
Yep. Cleveland has three studs…Davis, Jackson, McNutt. Davis is already headed SEC and UK. Jackson’s momentum is all Georgia. McNutt seems to be looking everywhere except OSU. To lose all three to the SEC would be shameful.

Yep. Cleveland has three studs…Davis, Jackson, McNutt. Davis is already headed SEC and UK. Jackson’s momentum is all Georgia. McNutt seems to be looking everywhere except OSU. To lose all three to the SEC would be shameful.
Exactly. If not OSU these kids need to stay in the Big Ten and not go to that filthy conference.