Ohio State Football 2024

Could the scUM fans create their own thread and stop posting on this thread. Geez. I would never post on a scUM thread. I guess that speak volumes on their fanbase.

Last edited:
Keep up the great work, Monty Python
phoenix GIF

Noticed on another forum that Alex Grinch is now Co - D coordinator - safeties coach at Wisky. Maybe Grinch is a better position coach than coordinator however if Day had made that hire posters on here would have come unglued present company included.

Not a good look for Ryan Day to not go after the Groza award winner at kicker.
Same thing the year before when the freshman all-American kicker from Ohio U went to Wisky. After losing a playoff game to UGA with a weak-legged kicker you would think he would prioritize the position.

Same thing the year before when the freshman all-American kicker from Ohio U went to Wisky. After losing a playoff game to UGA with a weak-legged kicker you would think he would prioritize the position.
One of the many reasons why Ryan doesn’t win big games/ games that matter the most.

Just an observation, things have been very quiet regarding Ohio State and the spring transfer portal window.

Players out:

Dallan Hayden to Colorado
Cedrick Hawkins to UCF

Players In:

None

I would have guessed more would have tested the transfer waters after the spring practice depth chart was established.

If someone important got hurt during the spring game you would be the first person on here saying, “Fire Day”
Bottom line, if you are using any spring game to evaluate, you don’t know ball
No I wouldn’t. Football is a violent game and injuries happen. That’s why you build quality depth at every position

Just an observation, things have been very quiet regarding Ohio State and the spring transfer portal window.

Players out:

Cedrick Hawkins to UCF

Players In:

None

I would have guessed more would have tested the transfer waters after the spring practice depth chart was established.
I’m really surprised a few more haven’t entered the portal. There’s still time, of course, but you’d think these guys would enter ASAP and familiarize themselves as quickly as they can with their new team.

Maybe a few guys are looking to get their degrees and then transfer instead of transferring mid-semester?

That, and not tackling in a Spring game. Can't be soft/lack physicality against the Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, and Michigan of the World
You do know that everyone but the first team did tackle? Why take unnecessary risk with your starters? They are a very veteran group. How much practice do they need in early spring? More like smart coaching.

I’m really surprised a few more haven’t entered the portal. There’s still time, of course, but you’d think these guys would enter ASAP and familiarize themselves as quickly as they can with their new team.

Maybe a few guys are looking to get their degrees and then transfer instead of transferring mid-semester?
I wonder if the entire roster is receiving compensation? Being a reserve at OSU may be more profitable than going to many other schools. From May 2022 but is still probably true.

Half of College Athletes in Transfer Portal Go Unsigned​

Players out:

Cedrick Hawkins to UCF

Players In:

None

Maybe more have not transferred out because they love the culture at OSU.

We should have more national titles.
Fans are never happy; OSU recruits' great talent obviously does a great job of developing that talent and people still complain. Since 1936 start of the AP rankings OSU is 5th with 6 titles: https://www.si.com/fannation/colleg...rankings-national-championships-ap-top-25-era. Since 2000 only 2 schools have won more titles than OSU, Alabama and LSU again it is very difficult to win a NC. Unfortunately, OSU had a "bad" 20-year period of Bruce and Cooper. However, considering that most of the football talent is in the south and California it is amazing OSU can recruit as well as it does. If any fan base (and I am sure they do) should complain it would be hook em horns fans (Texas).