Ohio State Buckeyes 2021

Well, they need Oregon to at least make their conference championship game. The rest of the schedule sucks outside Penn State and Michigan

Well as Porky Pig would say Thaaaaaats Alll Folks. The Big10 has now been relegated to the fall of the ACC.

Cj Stroud may have had alot of yards but they were empty yards. Just not sure he is going to develop. Not an impressive game at all

Defense needs some work.

They battled and didn't quit. Losing sucks Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser. Onward Day, this is why you make millions. Not a good day for recruiting guys that came to the gamr.

Eh. Need to run the football more with the two NFL RBs that are on this roster, but to do so they can't play from behind all game. Maybe they should be reevaluating essentially playing four OTs up front.

C.J. needs to be more consistent, but some probably need to recall J.T. Barrett going 9/29 with 3 picks against Virginia Tech in his second start during the national championship year. I would expect C.J. to get much better as the year goes along and for the offense to score like an offense loaded with NFL skill position players.

Defense is awful, and got shoved around up front all day today. There's no way to sugar coat it. They have to get much better and Coombs needs to scheme better, or else these guys will be getting gashed in the run game almost every week.

Stroud needs to mature. Threw short yardage as time expired at the half. Doesn't seem to know when to use his legs. Overthrows a lot of passes.

Man defense wasn't working at all, no reason to stubbornly trot it out there. The coaching staff can't wait till the fourth quarter to make adjustments.

First two games were much tougher than the next 4-5 opponents should be. I expect Stroud to get into a much better rhythm by the time they play Penn State.

The defense on the other hand...no real faith. They sucked last year and have a lot of youth and inexperience this year. LBers so far are much worse than last year. Coombs seems to be in way over his head, and for the time being is probably fortunate the average idiot fan will blame a 19 y.o. QB instead of his scheming and lack of adjustments.

It’s hard to imagine gaining 612 yards of offense and losing a game but it just happened. Good lord guess I’ll look forward to watching the Bengals tomorrow. They certainly never let anyone down lol.

• Haha
Reactions: y2h
First two games were much tougher than the next 4-5 opponents should be. I expect Stroud to get into a much better rhythm by the time they play Penn State.

The defense on the other hand...no real faith. They sucked last year and have a lot of youth and inexperience this year. LBers so far are much worse than last year. Coombs seems to be in way over his head, and for the time being is probably fortunate the average idiot fan will blame a 19 y.o. QB instead of his scheming and lack of adjustments.
Even the average idiot fan knows the QB has nothing to do with execution on the other side of the ball. Also hard to blame a guy who threw for nearly 500 yards.

Even the average idiot fan knows the QB has nothing to do with execution on the other side of the ball. Also hard to blame a guy who threw for nearly 500 yards.
There are definitely idiots out there putting this almost entirely on him and that are already calling for a QB change.

He missed a few throws, but also had a few big drops today. In particular, the play where Stroud put it on the money in the end zone and the DB punched the ball out of Ruckert's hands with them turning it over on downs the next play stands out to me. He wasn't perfect, but he certainly did enough to give them a chance to win and is far down the list of problems with this team.

Defense is bad. Coombs is not a good DC. They have alignments that seem to have natural holes. The zone coverage they play has huge holes that receivers just go and sit down and wait for the ball. Stroud makes some decent plays, but he doesn't make the big plays when they need them. Had guys open and missed them badly when they needed big plays. Plus, they aren't getting going until the second half. In both games they came out flat on offense. I know Stroud is a redshirt freshman, but he just doesn't have a great touch all the time. Very inconsistent play. If something doesn't change on defense and at the QB spot, tOSU might be looking at a 9-3 season.

There are definitely idiots out there putting this almost entirely on him and that are already calling for a QB change.

He missed a few throws, but also had a few big drops today. In particular, the play where Stroud put it on the money in the end zone and the DB punched the ball out of Ruckert's hands with them turning it over on downs the next play stands out to me. He wasn't perfect, but he certainly did enough to give them a chance to win and is far down the list of problems with this team.
Absolutely. Nearly 500 yards, 28 points...should be enough to win if the defense showed up.

Anyone who watched that game and thinks the QB is a main issue, well, that can't be fixed.

He came into this game with 4 qtrs of college game experience as a starter. Guys like Fields don't come out of HS or off the bench and play polished football.

He is playing 200 level ball, which is what you would expect, but people's standard is 400-600. Lol. He played very well. He had "empty yards" because he and his teammates were not converting enough 3rd and 4th downs on the Oregon side of the field and the redzone.

They couldn't run the ball consistently - which is disappointing with that O line. But they still played well enough to win.

I sense there are so many players they want to get the ball to, and so many ways to do it, the too many options may be preventing identity and good offensive flow. Fans see that lack of rhythm and flow and place it all on the QB, but it has a lot to do with playcalling.

That defense is giving up 33 PPG. You won't beat the Yoder Dame Fighting Amish doing that.

Minny scored 2 TD runs against Ohio State's short yardage defense. The Buckeyes didn't set the edge or fill gaps - or adjust to an overloaded side. In one case the Gophers had 5 blockers vs 3 defenders. Lol. Oregon scored 3 times running left against the short yardage defense and coverted one 3rd down in the redzone - and it has not been fixed as we sit here. How does that happen? Coombs is going to take a ton of heat until it is fixed - and rightly so.

OSU has 4 high four star D linemen and 4 five star guys in the rotation and they are allowing 250 ypg rushing and they could not get any pressure on Oregon's QB without blitzing. The point here is that there are a lot of D coordinators getting a lot more production out of way less talent. Coombs needs to get a lot more out of his a lot more.