Northwest Ohio Realignment

I have heard the plan is for Northwood to take SJCC's spot in the SBC River starting in the 2025-26 season.
I've heard this as well, however SJCC may be entirely removed from the league from what I have heard. Sounds like concern over the future of the school's ability to stay open.

Also Liberty Benton is actively trying to get Napoleon on board for a jump to the NBC. We'll see if it can occur, but LB wants into the NBC badly

I've heard this as well, however SJCC may be entirely removed from the league from what I have heard. Sounds like concern over the future of the school's ability to stay open.

Also Liberty Benton is actively trying to get Napoleon on board for a jump to the NBC. We'll see if it can occur, but LB wants into the NBC badly

Why would NBC want both LB and Napoleon? That makes for some crazy travel.

Genoa to Napoleon and Lake to LB are 100 mile round trips.

Why would NBC want both LB and Napoleon? That makes for some crazy travel.

Genoa to Napoleon and Lake to LB are 100 mile round trips.
Expansion to 10 is less problematic than expansion to 9.

Many believe 8 is about perfect though.

I think SJCC is on its last gasp of air. They’ve had quite a few kids coming to shadow lately at Calvert.

No league in their right mind would take Vanlue on for football. They are the national poster child for why to play 8 man, even though they play 11. Besides, I hear they won't have teams in 5 years or less.

I think LB would be a good fit for NBC. Napoleon I'm not familiar enough with to say either way.

No league in their right mind would take Vanlue on for football. They are the national poster child for why to play 8 man, even though they play 11. Besides, I hear they won't have teams in 5 years or less.

I think LB would be a good fit for NBC. Napoleon I'm not familiar enough with to say either way.
I agree on Vanlue their class sizes appear to be getting smaller.

From LB point of view the NBC is a good fit but not sure why it would be a good fit for the current NBC schools. A longer drive for most of them just to get butt kicked in many sports.

From LB point of view the NBC is a good fit but not sure why it would be a good fit for the current NBC schools. A longer drive for most of them just to get butt kicked in many sports.
I honestly can't speak on the girls side, but we play LB and hopefully continue to play LB. Their boys are NOT winning NBC in football, basketball, baseball or track (main sports) every year. Not even close.

Why would NBC want either?
I'm not sure they do, again all I know is that Liberty Benton wants into that league. My personal opinion is that Port Clinton would be a better school to partner with than Napoleon, would be good to have a little Ottawa County rivalry series with Genoa/Oak Harbor/Port Clinton.

I think SJCC is on its last gasp of air. They’ve had quite a few kids coming to shadow lately at Calvert.
As someone who grew up in Sandusky County, it's just sad to see this trend continuing. Gibsonburg, Lakota & Woodmore all too small to compete in the former SLL now after winning multiple league titles in the 90s, St Wendelin closed and now St Joe's on the edge of the cliff.

I'm not sure they do, again all I know is that Liberty Benton wants into that league. My personal opinion is that Port Clinton would be a better school to partner with than Napoleon, would be good to have a little Ottawa County rivalry series with Genoa/Oak Harbor/Port Clinton.

As someone who grew up in Sandusky County, it's just sad to see this trend continuing. Gibsonburg, Lakota & Woodmore all too small to compete in the former SLL now after winning multiple league titles in the 90s, St Wendelin closed and now St Joe's on the edge of the cliff.
It sure is sad. The loss of factory work in NW Ohio back in the late 80’s and 90’s just took away too much population and it spiraled from there. Tiffin was simply lucky to have two colleges in town and a few rich guys that willed the town back to decency. It’s made a complete turnaround from 10 years ago.

It sure is sad. The loss of factory work in NW Ohio back in the late 80’s and 90’s just took away too much population and it spiraled from there. Tiffin was simply lucky to have two colleges in town and a few rich guys that willed the town back to decency. It’s made a complete turnaround from 10 years ago.
I think too the country towns are simply starting to fade away. I wouldn't mind living in the country again, but there's no way the wife would let me move the family from Perrysburg to Oak Harbor or somewhere like that.

Northwood approved to join the Sandusky Bay Conference

It sure would be nice if the Blade would let us read the article. One would think they need to make money or something. lol

what will Ottawa Hills do?
Swanton and Evergreen flirted with leaving the NWOAL back when this all started, the TAAC schools will be looking for new members or new homes, Liberty Benton is still looking for a home, the NLL is still wanting more members... The last round of realignment is looking more like patchwork than a permanent shift

It sure would be nice if the Blade would let us read the article. One would think they need to make money or something. lol

See if that works. With the Blade, if you delete the numbers and the "/" at the end, it usually shows up :)

We all know how much of a cash cow Northwood is for the Toledo market.
Northwood will far and away be the marquee program. For these hick, schools traveling to Northwood will be like traveling to LA. These teams and their junior high level coaches have no idea whats in store for them. If there is one thing about Northwood, there coaches can always out x and o teams and are always far more prepared.