Northwest Ohio Realignment

I will state I'm mystified about Bellevue and Clyde's reluctance regarding Ross. Today's Ross and Sandusky don't matchup well with Lake's physicality.

Don't use logic and facts with the NLL fans. They still don't see how utterly terrible their league really is.

NAPOLEON who lost by 25 to Defiance and 41 to LC is about to win the Cardinal. Outside of Pburg and AW the entire has been horrible for about 15 years. They somehow don't see it and continue to think because the schools are bigger means they'd win.

As I said a month or so ago, I'm not sure there's a single big to medium sized league in NW Ohio that anyone in the Cardinal would win this year. Certainly not the WBL, NWOAL, SBC Lake OR River, or NBC. Maybe the TCL, but they'd have their hands full with Lima. Then at the smaller level, they wouldn't win the NWC or BVC either.
To be fair, my comment about Maumee was about all sports, not football in particular. Eastwood and Oak Harbor are clearly the teams to beat in the NBC, and it isn't particularly close...but Maumee has already shown this fall, and will continue to do so in the spring, that they're going to more than likely win or be near the top of the standing in most every non-revenue sport. Their soccer teams aren't particularly good overall, and they may as well be the Amish National Teams with how many sheds they brought over to the NBC this fall for those sports.

I think any objective NLL football fan can see that, by and large, the majority of their teams have been hot garbage for years.

Throw in Pandora-Gilboa who beat McComb badly. Whether a D-V team and two D-VII schools could beat Ross I don't know, but the outcome would be closer than many might think.

No shed.
Also, I want to State these type of communities/schools strike me as hating to lose moreso loving to win. I could be off my rocker, but that's how I see it

I know I wouldn't want to beat one of them and then have to play them in the playoffs.
I believe LB and McComb could be trouble especially if either/or are physical

Fremont Ross couldn't win the BVC?
Not that it is a science....but....

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
[2023] McComb (OH) 42 (84%), [2023] Ross (Fremont, OH) 27 (16%)

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
[2023] Liberty-Benton (Findlay, OH) 35 (81%), [2023] Ross (Fremont, OH) 21 (19%)

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
[2023] Pandora-Gilboa (Pandora, OH) 34 (77%), [2023] Ross (Fremont, OH) 22 (23%)

Not that it is a science....but....

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
[2023] McComb (OH) 42 (84%), [2023] Ross (Fremont, OH) 27 (16%)

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
[2023] Liberty-Benton (Findlay, OH) 35 (81%), [2023] Ross (Fremont, OH) 21 (19%)

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
[2023] Pandora-Gilboa (Pandora, OH) 34 (77%), [2023] Ross (Fremont, OH) 22 (23%)
Again, all I have to say is Napoleon who had their handed to them by Liberty Center

Fremont St. Joseph is joining the Northern 8 in 2024 to play 8-man. Not a bad or surprising move.

So the hunt is on WHO will be the replacement for football in the SBC river. We have had some good conversation on who looks to be interested. Should they just go to ten in the river? Take on Fostoria, Northwood and Arcadia? Arcadia could be solid if they took on Vanlue in a merger?

I know I wouldn't want to beat one of them and then have to play them in the playoffs.
Side story, my Senior Year at Ross, Little Giants went down to Lancaster and basically won the Buckeye Central Conference, 18-13. Two weeks later at Arlin in Mansfield, Regional Semifinals, Golden Gales won 42-7. Talk about redeeming themselves

Does anyone know the definition of 42-7? You guessed it.. ..

Shed

Now it’s official. The problem with these small private schools is that they’re nothing more than all inclusive havens for kids. Actual coaching isn’t a priority as much as parents getting their kids playing time is. It leads to some serious competitive imbalances in sports where they aren’t actually recruiting. I give Calvert a lot of credit for maintaining that consistency

No, the skill players at FR would dominate these teams. Great fundamentals, but the athleticism isn’t there

Last edited:
Fremont Ross couldn't win the BVC?

Ross couldn't even with the Cardinal.

Calpreps has Liberty-Benton as a 10 point favorite over Ross. McComb as a 12 point favorite. Pandora-Gilboa as a 6 point favorite.

I know Calpreps isn't gospel, but I'd put more money on them being right over 3/4 of Yappi posters who simply see "duhhhhh D2, no way they'd lose to D7 duhhhhh."

I think LB and McComb would absolutely beat Ross this year, meaning that no, Ross wouldn't win the BVC.

Could the Toledo City League be an option for LB?

Oh God. We saw what happened with Lima joining. Now imagine LB getting in and their girls basketball winning games 95-21 and D5 football winning the league every year.

From an easily available spot standpoint, they'd fit in the NLL. Their best fit is the NBC, but it's questionable whether there's a spot. Maybe if Fostoria really does go SBC it all works itself out easily (except for the NLL, still stuck at 11.)

Oh God. We saw what happened with Lima joining. Now imagine LB getting in and their girls basketball winning games 95-21 and D5 football winning the league every year.

From an easily available spot standpoint, they'd fit in the NLL. Their best fit is the NBC, but it's questionable whether there's a spot. Maybe if Fostoria really does go SBC it all works itself out easily (except for the NLL, still stuck at 11.)
That would work itself out rather quickly too I'm guessing.

This has always made me chuckle about small town football fans. They are clueless about the size/speed/strength difference between a McComb and a Fremont Ross. I went and watched a Findlay game this year to see Montgomery play. Findlay is a mediocre D1 team and Carey has 1, maybe 2, guys who would start for them. Whole different world.