Maumee 7-1
Springfield 7-5
Anthony Wayne 5-1
Southview 4-2
Bowling Green 1-0
Northview 1-0
Perrysburg 1-2

40-22 vs NLL
Wauseon’s record against the NLL is shocking. They should be one of the tops schools for the NLL to get.

or do does Wauseon have too much of rich history in the NWOAL for them to leave? Other then that, i don’t see why the NLL doesn’t make a push for them.

Smalls

Wauseon’s record against the NLL is shocking. They should be one of the tops schools for the NLL to get.

or do does Wauseon have too much of rich history in the NWOAL for them to leave? Other then that, i don’t see why the NLL doesn’t make a push for them.

And Wauseon is 14-19 vs Archbold during that same time.

I would love to see both Wauseon and Archbold in the NLL.

chs1971

"Make a push?" What does that even mean? Offer them a bigger split of the TV money than what they get in the NWOAL?

Maybe ask then pretty please with sugar on top?

Cooter26

"Make a push?" What does that even mean? Offer them a bigger split of the TV money than what they get in the NWOAL?

Maybe ask then pretty please with sugar on top?
Jokes on you buster. you still have the Swanton, evergreen , & delta situation still in the talks of leaving the the NWOAL.. & wauseon has they’re own independent tv station specifically for sports…

& what’s your Venmo or cash app so i can send you a few bucks for acting like bozo the clown

chs1971

Jokes on you buster. you still have the Swanton, evergreen , & delta situation still in the talks of leaving the the NWOAL.. & wauseon has they’re own independent tv station specifically for sports…

& what’s your Venmo or cash app so i can send you a few bucks for acting like bozo the clown
So there is nothing the NLL can offer Wauseon.

Thanks for making my point.

dhsdog06

Wauseon (and Bryan as well) won't leave the NWOAL until it's obvious the league is a smoldering pile of rubbage. Swanton situation notwithstanding, I'd give Defiance leaving the WBL better odds than Wauseon or Bryan leaving the NWOAL.

Neversaynever

Wauseon (and Bryan as well) won't leave the NWOAL until it's obvious the league is a smoldering pile of rubbage. Swanton situation notwithstanding, I'd give Defiance leaving the WBL better odds than Wauseon or Bryan leaving the NWOAL.
I don't think Bryan would go to the NLL even if the NWOAL no longer existed. Just can't seee it happening...ever.

ToledoGuy

I agree with this. They would beg for a GMC invite before joining the NLL.

Unfortunately, for whatever reason, Bryan just can't compete with equally sized schools.
And I also don't know that the NLL schools would be interested in that drive enough to invite. They only need one more school...Bryan isn't #1 on that list for sure.

Maple_City_Fan

How in the world did Findlay and Fremont ever agree to be in a league with Newark, Lancaster, and Zanesville? Those buses probably needed oil changes after a single trip…
Ohio Heartland Conference, where Mansfield Senior and Marion Harding went, didn't want those 2, nor did eastern schools that formed Erie Shore Conference which included Elyria, Lorain schools, Sandusky, etc. Findlay and Ross didn't want to be Independent.

fvapaches05

Would the GMC even slightly consider that?

Only way I could see any interest would be if Antwerp or Ayersville started having trouble fielding full football teams. I think we're still 5 or more years away from that possibly though.

EDIT: Or maybe if someone managed to poach Tinora, but I really don't think they would leave.

smurfyeah19

I still think it was a dumb move for maumee to leave the nll.
Gotta disagree hard with this. Maumee has won one game in the last 4 years and routinely gets beat down in just about all sports. They’ve became so uncompetitive that the only opportunity they really have is to go to a smaller league and hopefully revitalize interest in kids playing sports at their school

ToledoGuy

Gotta disagree hard with this. Maumee has won one game in the last 4 years and routinely gets beat down in just about all sports. They’ve became so uncompetitive that the only opportunity they really have is to go to a smaller league and hopefully revitalize interest in kids playing sports at their school
I think that story MIGHT (not a guarantee at all) be different now if they're in a division with just Napoleon, BG, Southview, Springfield, and Clay. That might be what dappling is referring to. Probably should've tried it out for a year or two before jumping ship to see how it played out IMO.

Reactions: AXE

smurfyeah19

I think that story MIGHT (not a guarantee at all) be different now if they're in a division with just Napoleon, BG, Southview, Springfield, and Clay. That might be what dappling is referring to. Probably should've tried it out for a year or two before jumping ship to see how it played out IMO.
They just lost to Eastwood 56-7. Maumee doesn’t have a year or two, they’re not even going to be competitive in the NBC for awhile.

In fact looking at the Fall sports standings, the best finish they had in any sport was 5th in volleyball this year. Pretty much across the board they were last or second to last

Last edited:

dhsdog06

Only way I could see any interest would be if Antwerp or Ayersville started having trouble fielding full football teams. I think we're still 5 or more years away from that possibly though.

EDIT: Or maybe if someone managed to poach Tinora, but I really don't think they would leave.

Yeah, I think Tinora would only go to the NWOAL, which would strengthen that league and leave Bryan right there.

Although Antwerp went from playoffs to no team back to playoffs at neck breaking speed. Those small schools are all one or 2 weak classes from real trouble.

chs1971

A league of eight schools smaller than Maumee seems like a better deal than a league of 6 that you already can't beat with mandatory crossovers with bigger schools you can't beat either.

Maumee had been looking at it's options for over a decade. Hardly a rush decision.

Ah. So they were blowing a bunch of hot air and looking got pity then. Figures.
Who was blowing a bunch of hot air? The superintendent announced the possibility of a new league at a board meeting. Evergreen decided against it, so that wasn't going to happen. Then, later he told the Board they were invited to the TAAC. The Board wasn't interested.

Legacy

Or maybe if someone managed to poach Tinora, but I really don't think they would leave.
1. I wonder if Tiniora would leave without Ayersville?
2. Does the GMC want to expand to 10 teams? Who would be the 9th and 10th teams?
3. Is Swanton just delaying now, until they figure somewhere else to go? If so, where can they go?