Northwest Ohio Realignment

Those six plus Ross and there might be a chance of getting Columbian.

But Tiffin jumping from a SBC six team division to a NLL six team division does not seem advantageous.

I don't see Maumee or Rossford coming back.
It’s a 5 team division after next school year.

Slight exaggeration with the almost to Cleveland comment. Sandusky is just passed Fremont and about 50 minutes from Oregon. I know Hurons enrollment numbers are heading Margaretta type numbers so I doubt they will want to go up against Bellevue or Clyde or Perkins who are all big Div. 4 schools and aren’t getting any smaller.

It's also only an hour to Cleveland. My only point was though, on paper as candidates the 5 I mentioned could all work....but that travel would be insane.

I just feel like if they got Tiffin and Sandusky, they'd still need a 3rd. Would someone else like Norwalk, or even a Bellevue, Clyde, or Perkins come with them? If they could get 1 or 3, whether east OR west, they'd likely do it and call it a day.

Start an NLL Network, send Wauseon a sack of quarters for tolls and call it a day :). They already play NLL teams in most sports and compete well. They would have no problem in the "small" division.

Start an NLL Network, send Wauseon a sack of quarters for tolls and call it a day :). They already play NLL teams in most sports and compete well. They would have no problem in the "small" division.
I have no idea, but other than Napoleon, who, and in what sports?

I have no idea, but other than Napoleon, who, and in what sports?
They play AW, Springfield, both Sylvania's and Springfield in basketball. Baseball is a similar schedule. Football is a little harder to get bigger schools to drop down and play a D4 school and they have established non-league games with Fairview/Napoleon for as long as I can remember and recently Tinora. Wrestling they aren't scared of anyone in the NLL.

Also, Evergreen announced Evan Karchner a Maumee Grad and BGSU linebacker who has some college and high school experience as their new football coach.

Somebody is moving down to replace OH?

That's a mess.
Current view of the SBC divisional setup...

1641919299866.png

They play AW, Springfield, both Sylvania's and Springfield in basketball. Baseball is a similar schedule. Football is a little harder to get bigger schools to drop down and play a D4 school and they have established non-league games with Fairview/Napoleon for as long as I can remember and recently Tinora. Wrestling they aren't scared of anyone in the NLL.

Basketball records vs current NLL teams since 2005 - from Max Preps;

Napoleon 14-11
Maumee 7-1
Springfield 7-5
Anthony Wayne 5-1
Southview 4-2
Bowling Green 1-0
Northview 1-0
Perrysburg 1-2

40-22 vs NLL

Van Wert & Defiance could both join the NLL easily. In fact you could argue they're in one of the best positions at the moment as they're one of the best programs in the state right now for football
Van Wert is 1 hour 30 minutes from Toledo. They would never leave one of the best conferences in Ohio to join the NLL.

Not only is the WBL one of the best leagues but is also one of the most stable. One of the most competitive and balanced leagues and you can always count on a few them making deep runs in the postseason in just about any sport. The only one I could see ever leaving and that’s because they are a punching bag for the league is Kenton. But again where would they go for one and try to find stable league these days which isn’t easy anymore.

Not only is the WBL one of the best leagues but is also one of the most stable. One of the most competitive and balanced leagues and you can always count on a few them making deep runs in the postseason in just about any sport. The only one I could see ever leaving and that’s because they are a punching bag for the league is Kenton. But again where would they go for one and try to find stable league these days which isn’t easy anymore.
Don't let Dave hear you say that.

I could definitely see a scenario where Kenton left, no obvious 10th popped up, and they nudged Defiance to the NLL. Which is also probably the only way we go to the NLL at this point.

I could definitely see a scenario where Kenton left, no obvious 10th popped up, and they nudged Defiance to the NLL. Which is also probably the only way we go to the NLL at this point.
I don't see much advantage though to be honest. Lets be honest here, you've got TRAC schools trying to runaway from the private schools and hoping to talk others into joining them. Even though a simple swap of Perrysburg/AW for LS/Ross/Clay probably is what eventually happens & would be the perfect move

I don't see much advantage though to be honest. Lets be honest here, you've got TRAC schools trying to runaway from the private schools and hoping to talk others into joining them. Even though a simple swap of Perrysburg/AW for LS/Ross/Clay probably is what eventually happens & would be the perfect move
I would think Maumee would consider coming back if Perrysburg and AW are out of the NLL before they would need to ask LS to join, but that's just me. By that point in time, Maumee will be back up to around 1,000 people in the high school and probably more than competitive with the remaining schools...but yes, a lot of people seem to think that may be the end result, that the 6 "middle" schools (Clay, Northview, Southview, Springfield, BG, Napoleon...maybe including Ross) in terms of enrollment band together and do their own thing, with potentially a school like Maumee and/or Rossford, when they realize how little chance they have to win anything in this new format.

I think the hope was that they could draw off the more suburban NBC schools (Rossford, Lake, and Eastwood) along with Defiance to make a 16 teamer that allows for a bit more parity on both sides of the divisional split and doesn't force an 11 or 12 team general conference in other sports when no one will compete with Whitmer/Findlay/PB/AW. Now that you have NV and/or Springfield being forced to get their heads kicked in by Whitmer, Findlay, AW, and PB every year, those two will almost certainly start trying to find a way to build a better situation for them moving forward, especially with NV and SV separated.

I would think Maumee would consider coming back if Perrysburg and AW are out of the NLL before they would need to ask LS to join, but that's just me. By that point in time, Maumee will be back up to around 1,000 people in the high school and probably more than competitive with the remaining schools...but yes, a lot of people seem to think that may be the end result, that the 6 "middle" schools (Clay, Northview, Southview, Springfield, BG, Napoleon...maybe including Ross) in terms of enrollment band together and do their own thing when they realize how little chance they have to win anything in this new format.
Absolutely disagree. Maumee is where Rossford was years ago, their sports by and large have completely taken a nose dive. Heck the top half the NBC will probably have a running clock on them the first few years, let alone trying to compete against the likes of the NLL. They need a full reboot and also that NBC is one hell of a league with the addition of Oak Harbor. Very very stout and 8 teams which is perfect

Still don't want anything to do with the private schools no matter how many times it's repeated.

By far the biggest winner from the new NLL - Clay.

While not great they get a bad rap in football from having to play in the TRAC. They have been good vs the middle/bottom of the NLL in football 11-6 vs Northview, 7-0 vs Springfield along with being competitive with the lower half of the TRAC most years, 4-7 vs Fremont Ross, 6-10 vs St. Francis and 4-8 vs Lima Sr. (2004 and forward via Max Preps).

In my opinion their non "big two" sports better align with the NLL than Whitmer/Fremont Ross and also have a slight edge on Findlay. Boys and Girls basketball needs to improve, but most of the other more closely followed sports are a great add.....talking about baseball, softball, wrestling, girls soccer and volleyball.

Not sure about golf, cross country, track, tennis, swimming etc.

The butt hurt on this thread is so unreal. I’m glad the Private schools pushed back against what I consider unlawful regulations by the county
Unlawful regulations? Don't you find it curious there are no complaints against the repeal of alcohol at age 19 the voters voted for, seatbelts, insurance, and vaccinations for a whole list of other things? why die on the cross for this particular one?

Absolutely disagree. Maumee is where Rossford was years ago, their sports by and large have completely taken a nose dive. Heck the top half the NBC will probably have a running clock on them the first few years, let alone trying to compete against the likes of the NLL. They need a full reboot and also that NBC is one hell of a league with the addition of Oak Harbor. Very very stout and 8 teams which is perfect
Maumee High School will have enrollments back in the zone of 1000 students by the end of the next decade...that's where they are distinctly different than Rossford.

By far the biggest winner from the new NLL - Clay.

While not great they get a bad rap in football from having to play in the TRAC. They have been good vs the middle/bottom of the NLL in football 11-6 vs Northview, 7-0 vs Springfield along with being competitive with the lower half of the TRAC most years, 4-7 vs Fremont Ross, 6-10 vs St. Francis and 4-8 vs Lima Sr. (2004 and forward via Max Preps).

In my opinion their non "big two" sports better align with the NLL than Whitmer/Fremont Ross and also have a slight edge on Findlay. Boys and Girls basketball needs to improve, but most of the other more closely followed sports are a great add.....talking about baseball, softball, wrestling, girls soccer and volleyball.

Not sure about golf, cross country, track, tennis, swimming etc.
Clay has always been a very NLL-ish Athletic Department, specifically with how well their girls sports have performed up until the last few years.

I mean you can take airport highway and central to straight to wauseon… an easy 20 min drive.

& I make the drive from wauseon to downtown Toledo everyday for work. It’s literally not that far and bot that bad of a drive.

Wauseon right now is the only school that makes sense to join.

Enrollment, competitiveness, logistics.. all of it makes sense.

You overestimate how long it takes a school to rebound or fall off a cliff in sports. One good class of athletes at a school like Maumee and all of a sudden every sport becomes competitive. Maumee probably can’t compete with Perrysburg anymore and rarely could with Anthony Wayne but that’s what happens when a school has 250 boys per grade competing against under 100. Maumees lower levels are competing fine vs NLL schools and it will only be beneficial when they play in the NBC in a couple years.

If Perrysburg and Anthony Wayne were willing to play in the TRAC (with schools there own size) none of this realignment would be happening. Clay and Fremont Ross for PB and AW was all anyone in the NLL wanted, been saying that for over a year now.