Northern Buckeye Conference 2021

Who wins the Northern Buckeye Conference?

• Total voters
Seriously though, why is fostoria in the league? They’re an outlier in proximity to every other school. They don’t field teams in soccer yet have the 2nd biggest enrollment in the conference before the switch.
Fostoria should be THE case study on awful trade deals and the end result. We are talking about a football power going back to the 20's. In the late 80's and early 90's Fostoria was up there with Ohio's elite and could play with anyone. Amazing how relatively quickly it all changed.

Fostoria should be THE case study on awful trade deals and the end result. We are talking about a football power going back to the 20's. In the late 80's and early 90's Fostoria was up there with Ohio's elite and could play with anyone. Amazing how relatively quickly it all changed.
It's a shame nothing has came to replace those jobs like what's happening in Perrysburg/Findlay. If anything I'm interested to see what happens with the Rossford/Eastwood/Lake districts with the boom in factories and distribution centers being built or expanded in those areas. It's a shame that Fostoria could not have gotten at least one of those, its location is not conducive with 23 being a two lane road there. I could see something developing around Carey there, but it seems like all the growth is occurring in Findlay in that neck of the woods

It's a shame nothing has came to replace those jobs like what's happening in Perrysburg/Findlay. If anything I'm interested to see what happens with the Rossford/Eastwood/Lake districts with the boom in factories and distribution centers being built or expanded in those areas. It's a shame that Fostoria could not have gotten at least one of those, its location is not conducive with 23 being a two lane road there. I could see something developing around Carey there, but it seems like all the growth is occurring in Findlay in that neck of the woods
I would say out of all of the districts, that Eastwood will substantially be bigger in 5-10 years. Back in 03 and 04 playoff seasons for Eastwood they were a DIII football school, DII wrestling basketball and baseball. I see them potentially being back in that bracket in the near future.

I personally believe the NBC should dissolve, sending Eastwood, Rossford, Maumee back to NLL, Genoa, Fostoria, and Oak Harbor to SBC, Otsego and Lake to NWOAL along with Northwood and Ottawa Hills.

Not sure if Luckey/Pemberville's infrastructure could sustain much housing growth.

Lake seems like it would have room to grow out in the township.

Rossford already seeing crowding issues in the new high school/junior high and having to cap open enrollment in the elementary grades. I'm sure they'd love to see in-district growth get to the point where they can phase out open enrollment. I think you are starting to see some turnover in housing in town...younger families moving in. The new facilities will hopefully keep them home.

I would say out of all of the districts, that Eastwood will substantially be bigger in 5-10 years. Back in 03 and 04 playoff seasons for Eastwood they were a DIII football school, DII wrestling basketball and baseball. I see them potentially being back in that bracket in the near future.

I personally believe the NBC should dissolve, sending Eastwood, Rossford, Maumee back to NLL, Genoa, Fostoria, and Oak Harbor to SBC, Otsego and Lake to NWOAL along with Northwood and Ottawa Hills.
And the same can be said of BG. If you can believe it, bean counters originally projected Toledo's growth to be East which is why the Woodville Rd. corridor had the first modern mall (Woodville Mall). With everything that has happened and will continue happening, and as Toledo Metro's population shifts South and West look for Perrysburg and AW to continue to grow, no brainer right, but also Otsego & BG. Eastwood is that outlier. While they are still relatively East they are more South and very appealing because the district is solid and from a sports standpoint. The Eagles excel in every sport (boys and girls) and have a great community culture. In NWOhio we are spoiled with easy commutes compared to anywhere else and with BG, Eastwood, and Otsego being 20-25 minutes away from downtown Toledo or Westgate it is a no brainer for young professionals to continue gravitating that way.

I also see a lot of growth coming for Eastwood in the next 8-10 years. If they get up to a Div.3 then I think some movement will happen. I look at Eastwood a lot like I do Clyde. Both have the athletes and are competitive in everything. Both have a winning culture and a winning attitude but I think the biggest thing to them both is tremendous community support. To have all of that each and every year it’s no wonder they both have the success they do.

And the same can be said of BG. If you can believe it, bean counters originally projected Toledo's growth to be East which is why the Woodville Rd. corridor had the first modern mall (Woodville Mall). With everything that has happened and will continue happening, and as Toledo Metro's population shifts South and West look for Perrysburg and AW to continue to grow, no brainer right, but also Otsego & BG. Eastwood is that outlier. While they are still relatively East they are more South and very appealing because the district is solid and from a sports standpoint. The Eagles excel in every sport (boys and girls) and have a great community culture. In NWOhio we are spoiled with easy commutes compared to anywhere else and with BG, Eastwood, and Otsego being 20-25 minutes away from downtown Toledo or Westgate it is a no brainer for young professionals to continue gravitating that way.
That growth really favors the Otsego and Bowling Green districts as well. Look at the housing prices now in the Perrysburg/AW districts, much higher than surrounding areas. But you can get a house around Luckey, Haskins or Bowling Green at a bargain and still be in a nice community with good schools, and relatively the same commute

Rossford at Eastwood - Eagles rebound but might be closer than expected
Lake at Elmwood - this should be close too but Royals keep rolling
Fostoria at Woodmore - ugh...someone has to win so going with the Redmen
Genoa at Otsego - Knights should win by 3 TD's

Rossford at Eastwood - Depends on if Eastwood gets any of their 3 defensive starters back that were out last week. They should win, but may be closer than they'd like.
Lake at Elmwood - Royals win, but there is a bit of a hangover. Lake keeps it close but falls 21-34.
Fostoria at Woodmore - I actually think Fostoria wins by 3 scores. Yikes.
Genoa at Otsego - Knights well prepared after a bye week. 34-7.

Current standings with all the cancel craziness going on. Also, can we just kick Woodmore out early? They've already cancelled 4 games!

Rank Team W L
1 Otsego 3 0
2 Eastwood 3 1
3 Genoa 3 1
4 Elmwood 2 1
5 Rossford 1 2
6 Lake 1 3
7 Fostoria 0 3
8 Woodmore 0 2

If there's an upset in the NBC this year it will be this week Rossford over Eastwood. The Bulldogs with a really nice win over a good D3 squad from Eastmoor, but can they ride the momentum wave into the rivalry week? Everyone wants to celebrate the last minute interception by Swope to seal last weeks win, but did you see the WR at the top? Totally blown coverage and that will jump out on film.

Current standings with all the cancel craziness going on. Also, can we just kick Woodmore out early? They've already cancelled 4 games!

Rank Team W L
1 Otsego 3 0
2 Eastwood 3 1
3 Genoa 3 1
4 Elmwood 2 1
5 Rossford 1 2
6 Lake 1 3
7 Fostoria 0 3
8 Woodmore 0 2

They have cancelled 2 games though...

If there's an upset in the NBC this year it will be this week Rossford over Eastwood. The Bulldogs with a really nice win over a good D3 squad from Eastmoor, but can they ride the momentum wave into the rivalry week? Everyone wants to celebrate the last minute interception by Swope to seal last weeks win, but did you see the WR at the top? Totally blown coverage and that will jump out on film.
Um, no… Rossford doesn’t play defense

Eastwood 14
Rossford 0

lightning delay with 9 min to go in 2nd quarter.

RossforO rejoicing because their defense is non-existent.

Eastwood 37
Rossford 19
FINAL

Otsego 36
Genoa 21
FINAL

Woodmore 7
Fostoria 0
resuming play in the 3rd at 1pm this afternoon

Elmwood vs Lake moved to 6pm kickoff Saturday.

Elmwood 31
Lake 28
FINAL

Flyers were down 7-24 going into the 4th and made a run at the Royals but fell short. Elmwood becomes big Eastwood fans in week 10 in hopes of a chance to win a share of the NBC title.

Week 9
Otsego (7-0) at Woodmore (0-6)
Elmwood (6-1) at Genoa (4-4)
Eastwood (7-1) at Fostoria (1-6)
Lake (2-6) at Rossford (4-4)

Otsego and Eastwood get a week where they will likely be both be preparing for each other a week early.

Elmwood at Genoa is interesting. Comets should still get in playoffs at 5-5 but it’ll close. A win over Elmwood would solidify a top 12 finish most likely.

Lake has been a bit of a disappointment. They will finish 3-7 with two of those wins being Fostoria and Woodmore. I understand their schedule has been brutally tough (McComb, Archbold, Otsego, Eastwood, & Elmwood a combined 35-3) but never would’ve guessed that they’d only win 3 games.

No looking past the next two games for Elmwood or they won’t be in a position to care about Eastwood/Otsego. The NBC is solid this year, it’s great to see.

Current standings and playoff picture...

1634044923622.png

When does Joe Eitel start doing his projections? Rossford has to beat Lake this weekend for sure - can't see them beating Elmwood. They haven't been able to tackle Mason Oliver since 7th Grade.

He will not be doing them. He cited too much volatility this year with cancellations, quarantines, etc.

Might add them week 10. Normally they would have been in there week 7 or 8.