Northern Buckeye Conference 2021

Who wins the Northern Buckeye Conference?

• Total voters
Solid game between Otsego and Rossford. Rossford had some opportunities to tie or take the lead last night but a couple drop passes and some penalties on defense negated that.

Eastwood had an impressive win against Lake. They were without some guys too, so some younger kids got some playing time last night. The Boos brothers are a neat combo. Looking forward to the battle of the woods next week at Elmwood. 2000 was the year when Elmwood last beat Eastwood....

Genoa rolled Fostoria. Nothing surprising there. Fostoria is looking forward to the week 8 game against Woodmore.

I will say, Lake is 2-4 and Rossford is 3-3. They will likely get in the playoffs still as a 12-16 seed and give someone a game in the first round of the playoffs. Lake's four losses are to opponents who are a combined 23-1. Rossford three losses combined 14-4.

I was gonna say, Lake might have the most impressive losses of any school in the state. The one loss their opponents have is a 10-0 loss by McComb to Marion Local!

Any thoughts on next week’s games?

Eastwood (6-0) @ Elmwood (4-1)
Otsego (6-0) @ Fostoria (0-6)
Genoa (3-3) @ Lake (2-4)
Woodmore (0-5) @ Rossford (3-3)

I was gonna say, Lake might have the most impressive losses of any school in the state. The one loss their opponents have is a 10-0 loss by McComb to Marion Local!

If Fantastic50 was still around, they’d easily have the toughest or second toughest SOS thus far in D5

Any thoughts on next week’s games?

Genoa (3-3) @ Lake (2-4)
Woodmore (0-5) @ Rossford (3-3)

Honestly, 3 blowouts and 1 close game. Genoa might keep it within 17 against Lake, maybe.

Everyone should be going to Jerry City next Friday night.

Solid game between Otsego and Rossford. Rossford had some opportunities to tie or take the lead last night but a couple drop passes and some penalties on defense negated that.

Eastwood had an impressive win against Lake. They were without some guys too, so some younger kids got some playing time last night. The Boos brothers are a neat combo. Looking forward to the battle of the woods next week at Elmwood. 2000 was the year when Elmwood last beat Eastwood....

Genoa rolled Fostoria. Nothing surprising there. Fostoria is looking forward to the week 8 game against Woodmore.

I will say, Lake is 2-4 and Rossford is 3-3. They will likely get in the playoffs still as a 12-16 seed and give someone a game in the first round of the playoffs. Lake's four losses are to opponents who are a combined 23-1. Rossford three losses combined 14-4.
Looking at Rossford’s schedule, the most likely finish is 5-5. Would they be in at .500 or would they need a win against elmwood or Eastwood to solidify a playoff spot? Lake is 2-4 with a new starting qb and are yet to play Elmwood and Rossford. Would they be in at 4-6 or 5-5?

Another thread indicates the game is "postponed." That seems to indicate Rossford will not look for another opponent and they will attempt to reschedule during the playoffs.
ADE5997A-D26E-41F6-999F-999191AAF092.jpeg

Looking at Rossford’s schedule, the most likely finish is 5-5. Would they be in at .500 or would they need a win against elmwood or Eastwood to solidify a playoff spot? Lake is 2-4 with a new starting qb and are yet to play Elmwood and Rossford. Would they be in at 4-6 or 5-5?
I would say either or both Lake and Rossford get in at 5-5.....but not likely at 4-6.

Eastwood (6-0) @ Elmwood (4-1) - Could be close at home but I think Eagles will be too much and win by a TD
Otsego (6-0) @ Fostoria (0-6) - running clock
Genoa (3-3) @ Lake (2-4) - could be a good game and with new playoff format, a win here for either team is crucial to finishing in the top 16.....I'll take the Flyers at home but close
Woodmore (0-5) @ Rossford (3-3) - no game

Genoa (3-3) @ Lake (2-4)
Woodmore (0-5) @ Rossford (3-3) - interesting how every team I've seen cancel "due to covid" this year happens to be the extremely outmatched underdog....

Eastwood is pretty banged up heading into this week. If there was ever a time for Elmwood to knock off Eastwood, this would be the week to do it.

Woodmore ducking Rossford isn’t a good look. Seems like some of these league changes can’t come soon enough, are we sure Elmwood can’t stay and Fostoria can take their place in the BVC?
Elmwood ducking a 30 minute drive to a future conference opponent in Liberty Benton isn’t a good look either. Guess they needed 2 weeks to prepare for Eastwood. Woodmore also apparently needs 2 weeks to prepare for Fostoria.

Quite the mess....oh well.

Eastwood 34 Elmwood 27 - Eagles are banged up, but I believe they have enough offensive firepower to prevail still. I think Koprowski-Kistner has a big night. Historically the fullbacks at Eastwood have performed well against Elmwood.

Rossford 34 Eastmoor 41 - Shootout, but the boys from Columbus come out on top.

Genoa 14 Lake 35 - Flyers get back on track. Still think they make playoffs and give someone fits in the 1st round

Woodmore/Fostoria taking the week to prepare for next weeks showdown.

Eastwood 42 Elmwood 34: Injuries to the Eagles will make it a barn burner, but the Boos brothers and Koprowski-Kistner will still be able to score points.

Genoa 21 Lake 28: Lake shows that they are able to beat another team in the middle of the league. Genoa's offense has struggled for most of the year with the exception of when they played Fostoria.

Eastmoor 45 Rossford 35: Short week of preparation leads for both teams leads to a shootout.

Fostoria/Woodmore: Mental Reps

Elmwood ducking a 30 minute drive to a future conference opponent in Liberty Benton isn’t a good look either. Guess they needed 2 weeks to prepare for Eastwood. Woodmore also apparently needs 2 weeks to prepare for Fostoria.
Not sure I would consider what Elmwood did "ducking" Liberty Benton. They chose not to play them on a 24 hour notice. It makes way less sense for Elmwood to play a good Liberty Benton team, in between 2 state ranked - undefeated teams. It makes more sense for LB to want to play when they are between Cory Rawson and Riverdale & then follow those games up with PG & Arcadia. Sometimes context matters.

Well not to nit pick, BUT Elmwood announce Tuesday the 24th they were without a game, and LB announced Wednesday the 25th they were without a game.
I don't blame Elmwood, they loss to Otsego was a heartbreaker and you are looking to end a 20 year drought against your "rival" the next week, might as well rest up and get healthy.

Well not to nit pick, BUT Elmwood announce Tuesday the 24th they were without a game, and LB announced Wednesday the 25th they were without a game.
I don't blame Elmwood, they loss to Otsego was a heartbreaker and you are looking to end a 20 year drought against your "rival" the next week, might as well rest up and get healthy.
You are correct (your dates are wrong), but your point is correct. But If the cancellation isn't right in the middle of Otesgo and Eastwood, I have to imagine Elmwood picks up a game. Your second point is also spot on.. You have to believe their main focus was on beating Eastwood and not on playing a pointless game against LB (who they could end up playing in the playoffs anyways).

Not sure I would consider what Elmwood did "ducking" Liberty Benton. They chose not to play them on a 24 hour notice. It makes way less sense for Elmwood to play a good Liberty Benton team, in between 2 state ranked - undefeated teams. It makes more sense for LB to want to play when they are between Cory Rawson and Riverdale & then follow those games up with PG & Arcadia. Sometimes context matters.
Isn’t Rossford doing the same thing having Otsego last week and Eastwood next week? I don’t see what the difference is in the cases except Eastmoor is a 2.5 hour drive and LB is a 20 minute drive. Those teams also only have 1 day to prep. Context matters.