Northern Buckeye Conference 2021

Who wins the Northern Buckeye Conference?

• Total voters
Wow. Who is player of the year in the NBC? Most likely will be Oliver from Elmwood. But some other guys deserve some serious attention. Dzierwa was POY last year but he may not end up in the top 5 this year in voting.

Lake Boos - 82-107, 1501 yards, 19 TDs
Case Boos - 49 receptions, 821 yards, 18 TDs, 46 rushes, 283 yards

Mason Oliver - 114 rushes, 1388 yards, 22 TDs

Joseph Dzierwa - 75-143, 1243 yards, 18 TDs
Trent Leiter - 166 rushes, 1101 yards, 11 TDs

Alex Williams - 142-239, 1800 yards, 22 TDs
Having this much top end talent in the league is great. This list doesn’t even include some others that may not have the crazy stats but are solid players.

Also, why no OL on the list? Come on!

Having this much top end talent in the league is great. This list doesn’t even include some others that may not have the crazy stats but are solid players.

Also, why no OL on the list? Come on!

There is a linemen of the year as well. My guess is that'll come down to an Otsego, Elmwood, or Eastwood guy. Maybe Linkous from Rossford in that mix too.

How would Lake match up against Berlin Center Western Reserve? WR is very young, but looking for a week 10. I know Lake is a bigger school, thoughts?

No idea how they would match up. Lake has been primarily a running team the past several years. Their relatively long-time coach retired two years ago and the assistant who took over was going to change things up a bit. They were running a lot of Wing-T type stuff out of the shotgun from what I remember.

How would Lake match up against Berlin Center Western Reserve? WR is very young, but looking for a week 10. I know Lake is a bigger school, thoughts?

Lake is not bad by any means. Their schedule has been brutal. I'd guess they would beat Western Reserve by 2 touchdowns just based on looking at WR's results/opponents. But who knows, could maybe be a really good game.

He said Collins Western Reserve (near Norwalk) which is also looking for a week 10 game.

Though maybe maybe Western Reserve should play Western Reserve and tell Lake to go jump in the Lake.

Lake is an average D5 school. Not big or physical across the line. Have one lineman who is getting DI looks and has a couple offers. A lot of players play both ways. Very skilled Wideout, and a young athletic QB, and a 6'5" very athletic TE that you would forget that hes on the team because they just dont utilize him. If Western Reserve can stop a 140 LB running back running between the tackles and can run some sort of competent offense, they have a good shot.

1 hour drive from Millbury to Collins. I-90 will take you right to either town also so actually maybe a little less then an hour.

Lake is an average D5 school. Not big or physical across the line. Have one lineman who is getting DI looks and has a couple offers. A lot of players play both ways. Very skilled Wideout, and a young athletic QB, and a 6'5" very athletic TE that you would forget that hes on the team because they just dont utilize him. If Western Reserve can stop a 140 LB running back running between the tackles and can run some sort of competent offense, they have a good shot.
Well WR is big up front and their 180lb tailback went for another 338 and 6 TDs tonight. I would like to see the matchup. WR struggles to stop the run, but they can control the clock

We can probably drop the idea of Western Reserve picking up a game next week.

”We are going to take it and rest up.” - WR coach Ty Stevenson

Does Rossford only make the playoffs with a win over Elmwood next week?
I think they’ll make it either way. At least one of the teams behind them in the top 16 will lose as they play each other. It’s probable that 17 & 18 lose as well. If one of those two teams pulls an upset, it could be close.

Anyone know the status on some of Eastwood's injuries?

Also what are the odds Eastwood knocks off Otsego?

Never get into a land war in Asia, never pick against a Sicilian when death is on the line, and never bet against Eastwood if Mike Vicars isn't coaching the other team...
Haha I don't disagree with that. But with that being said - if they aren't at full health (or near full health) that could really change things

The week off helps the Eagles rest and recover. I think that Eastwood will win by 14. Don't think the Knights will be able to slow them down enough. Otsego plays a handful of sophomores on defense....they need to prepare for the wing-T but now also be ready for the Boos to Boos connection when they go shotgun.

Lake Boos had one of the more impressive runs I've seen this year against Rossford. It essentially was a 50 yard scramble but the official ruled he fumbled the ball before crossing the goal line and Rossford took over possession, otherwise it's another Eastwood touchdown that night.

Eastwood 35 Otsego 21

The week off helps the Eagles rest and recover. I think that Eastwood will win by 14. Don't think the Knights will be able to slow them down enough. Otsego plays a handful of sophomores on defense....they need to prepare for the wing-T but now also be ready for the Boos to Boos connection when they go shotgun.

Lake Boos had one of the more impressive runs I've seen this year against Rossford. It essentially was a 50 yard scramble but the official ruled he fumbled the ball before crossing the goal line and Rossford took over possession, otherwise it's another Eastwood touchdown that night.

Eastwood 35 Otsego 21
lake is very talented qb no doubt, on the run your talking about lake was chased down from behind by rossford safety (qb) williams and the ball was stripped and he fumbled through the endzone. Official made the correct call

Eastwood 35 Otsego 21
remember if eastwood beats otsego and elmwood beats rossford then we have a 3 way tie at 5-1 with eastwood,otsego and elmwood.

Appears that the Lake Flyers are calling it a year. Finish at 2-7. Not sure if they will try to pickup a game next or not, they did do so last year.

Appears that the Lake Flyers are calling it a year. Finish at 2-7. Not sure if they will try to pickup a game next or not, they did do so last year.
I'm kind of surprised by this. I feel like they have an outside shot at making the playoffs if they played a bigger school and won. I could be wrong though. It's unfortunate for them because they're good enough that they could give a higher seeded team some fits in the first round

surprised by this too, Lake has to be one of the best 2 win teams out there

any update on eastwood players/injuries or otsego players for the showdown? hearing their could be a significant player for otsego possibly in some trouble....?

any update on eastwood players/injuries or otsego players for the showdown? hearing their could be a significant player for otsego possibly in some trouble....?
I have heard some stuff on that also, wasn't sure how true it was.... but if it is true - WOW, that is probably season altering.

Eastwood guys are all back except for Kwiatkowski at linebacker, who is done for year. Who is the Otsego player?