No Band No Football

Unpopular Take: If your school cannot field a band with at least 25 kids playing instruments, you should not be able to field a football team. Instruments that cannot be used when marching do not count.
Mods please move this take to the band forum. Oh yea??? THERE ISN'T ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GTFO.
will smith gtfo GIF

Other than the parents of the band, no one cares about the band. When you look up the playoff stats it doesn't say *no band for those schools that don't have one.
So, are they really schools in the educational sense? We know that marching band students outperform football players academically. We also know that based on dollars alone, band outperforms football in investment vs outcome. More band members graduate college and earn advanced degrees. What do those playoff stats do for the students?

So, are they really schools in the educational sense? We know that marching band students outperform football players academically. We also know that based on dollars alone, band outperforms football in investment vs outcome. More band members graduate college and earn advanced degrees. What do those playoff stats do for the students?
If you’re gonna base something on dollars, the band brings in 0 dollars for a school, and a good football program brings money in

Stupid take. "Sorry boys, I know you've dreamed about playing football for us since you were in pee wee flag football, but we don't have enough flute players in the school....it's over boys."
Doesn't it start with the parent's dream for the kid? I thought I read that Massilon peeps put footballs in the baby cribs at the hospital. Since learning music vastly improves brain function, wouldn't it be better for the kid's future to put an instrument in there instead?

You need band to be a high performing educational school?

There is no universe where kids, writ large, make off with better academic prospects because they’re in band compared to those who are not.

I work with handfuls of kids every year (through a different extracurricular) who get acceptance letters from the likes of Carnegie Mellon, Case Western, Georgia Tech, and even MIT. Not to mention Ivy League and the best public universities nationally. Some even get 36’s on the ACT. I can promise you not one of those kids were made into better students by doing the given extracurricular.

Massillon fans in general leave early if they are losing. And they supposedly have the best band ever?!?