NE8 2024

Word around town is Brookfield wanted this game to inaugurate their new stadium and was willing to pay some very nice money to get it. That's the reason this game was scheduled according to some of the Hubbard faithful in the know. This game means way way more to Brookfield than for Hubbard. If Hubbard had only 4 home games this fall this game would certainly not have been scheduled, that's just an absolute fact, it had nothing to do with who scrimmaged who last, Hubbard already had 5 home games scheduled, that's the reason why Hubbard is playing week #1 at Brookfield.

Hubbard has no rivalry with any school...
I mean Brookfield has indeed moved on, LaBrae is the major rival now for football and has been now for a decade. Brookfield and Hubbard’s staffs are still close and the game means more to the older generations in both towns. Does the draw of a large gate look good for the first game? Yes of course. But I can promise you Brookfield did not pay any money to Hubbard to come play the game. This isn’t Ohio State paying YSU to come play week 1.

They had that really good freshmen RB and QB last year idk if they’re staying at Brookfield or not tho
Both are back and staying. Team was young last year, really only played 2 seniors, although 1 of them was Kirila who set the single season tackle record which will be tough to replace. All together Brookfield should be better than last year, especially with the RB, Rico Smith, being a year older

But I can promise you Brookfield did not pay any money to Hubbard to come play the game.
You better check your facts again that Hubbard is going to play at Brookfield for "free".

What's going to be total seating capacity for Brookfield's new stadium, home stands and away stands?

Last edited:
You better check your facts again that Hubbard is going to play at Brookfield for "free".

What's going to be total seating capacity for Brookfield's new stadium, home stands and away stands?
I mean Brookfield as a school and an athletic department do not have the money to waste on paying an opponent to show up and play, there were other options and decided to go with Hubbard.

Seating will be a little more than what is at the old stadium with both home and away bleachers.

I mean Brookfield as a school and an athletic department do not have the money to waste on paying an opponent to show up and play, there were other options and decided to go with Hubbard.
That doesn't make any sense, visiting teams get part of the gate or a certain amount of money agreed to in the contract. Again, are you saying Hubbard is going to Brookfield to play for "free"?

What was the other options and instead go with Hubbard?

Struthers ad had 4 games to schedule and couldn’t do it…..
That's probably true Spread, but Nancy would never play an away game and get "zero dollars for it" like Ohio Guy is stating about Hubbard going to Brookfield but Brookfield can't afford to pay Hubbard.

Seating will be a little more than what is at the old stadium with both home and away bleachers.
This game is a good "gate" game against two old rivals. I can't see anything being bad about this at all.

Last I knew Hubbard doesn't play "charity games", even at Brookfield.

It was asked a couple of years ago why Hubbard would play Youngstown East at Rayen Stadium, the answer was money 💰
That’s the reason Struthers is playing east at east this year while playing Chaney at home

The bigger issue I have with the Struthers schedule is you already have a game that is awful in east. No gate home or away and just a dumb game in general that should have been the bye week.

There were plenty of games available for week #3. Ursuline, Canton South, Painsville Riverside, Erie Cathedral Prep, etc. I think she was banking on the Canton South game and got burned once Wilmington decided to not play the Wildcats.

Struthers will be a very good team this year. Other than SR, there aren't many challenges for Struthers in 2024. Maybe Chaney?

There were plenty of games available for week #3. Ursuline, Canton South, Painsville Riverside, Erie Cathedral Prep, etc. I think she was banking on the Canton South game and got burned once Wilmington decided to not play the Wildcats.

Struthers will be a very good team this year. Other than SR, there aren't many challenges for Struthers in 2024. Maybe Chaney?
Better hope a couple of the players aren’t gonna jump ship because of this, there’s been rumors already swirling about a couple really good ones hitting the door

That is precisely what she did. Sit on her hands. But Dennison didn't come through for her, so that was just wishful thinking.
Wilmington picked up Northern Bedford County which is a pretty good team. So, it's not like they were ducking the Cats.

Why in the heck she can't plan OOC games in advance for 2 or 4 year contracts is beyond me?
Definitely need a new AD. :(

That is precisely what she did. Sit on her hands. But Dennison didn't come through for her, so that was just wishful thinking.
Wilmington picked up Northern Bedford County which is a pretty good team. So, it's not like they were ducking the Cats.

Why in the heck she can't plan OOC games in advance for 2 or 4 year contracts is beyond me?
Definitely need a new AD. :(
No one else wanted the job the last time it came up.

Hard to believe that Girard would sit still and let him go. Great athlete.
I'm not sure on the situation, except I know he is still at Girard, but maybe he is moving to Warren in the summer. He can't just transfer there his senior year. He would have to sit half the season. Wouldn't make sense

Last edited: