NE8 2024

OSHAA preliminary boys enrollment numbers, NOT including adjustments for competitive balance.
Girard; 181
Hubbard; 218
Lakeview; 183
Niles; 281
Poland; 188
South Range; 145
Numbers will be used to set 2024-2025 & 2025-2026 school year brackets.

So it looks like…
Girard and Poland down to D5.
Hubbard and Struthers remain in D4.
Lakeview remains in D5.
Niles back up to D3.
And South Range remains on the D5-D6 bubble, pending competitive balance and how the divisions break down. Could go either way.

So it looks like…
Girard and Poland down to D5.
Hubbard and Struthers remain in D4.
Lakeview remains in D5.
Niles back up to D3.
And South Range remains on the D5-D6 bubble, pending competitive balance and how the divisions break down. Could go either way.
Hubbard being D4 makes them Brookfield's largest opponent on the season. Everyone else is on the schedule is D5 and up. Could be a good point boost if they can win it Week 1.

What are the cut off numbers for each division?

Last year it was…
D1: 620 and more
D2: 385-619
D3: 274-384
D4: 206-273
D5: 158-205
D6: 115-157
D7: 114 and less

2 years ago…
D1: 606 and more
D2: 376-605
D3: 270-375
D4: 202-269
D5: 154-201
D6: 113-153
D7: 112 and less

3 years ago…
D1: 604 and more
D2: 378-603
D3: 272-377
D4: 209-271
D5: 163-208
D6: 122-162
D7: 121 and less

Hubbard being D4 makes them Brookfield's largest opponent on the season. Everyone else is on the schedule is D5 and up. Could be a good point boost if they can win it Week 1.
I saw recently on the local news that Brookfield is having a hard time with their stadium, I thought they built a brand new one. Word around Hubbard is the only reason Hubbard is playing at Brookfield this fall was that the money they offered was really really hard to turn down, and that Brookfield wanted to inaugurate their "new stadium" by hosting a former rival from years gone past in Hubbard.

Years ago Brookfield home concession stand sold excellent elephant ears.

Stadium will be ready.
According to a report on WFMJ just on March 12th at 5:04 pm it wasn't a guaranteed fact about Brookfield building a new stadium, it shows only a grass field that's used for soccer games. If what you say is true, they have a whole lot of work ahead of them for the next 5 months: bleachers, lights, pressbox, concession stands, scoreboard and ticket booths.

I assume that the natural grass will still be their playing field.

According to a report on WFMJ just on March 12th at 5:04 pm it wasn't a guaranteed fact about Brookfield building a new stadium, it shows only a grass field that's used for soccer games. If what you say is true, they have a whole lot of work ahead of them for the next 5 months: bleachers, lights, pressbox, concession stands, scoreboard and ticket booths.

I assume that the natural grass will still be their playing field.
If their field doesn’t have lights they’ll play it Saturday during the day, I doubt they’ll give up their home field, I seen that it should all be completed tho so who knows

Struthers still doesn’t have a week 3 game lol
I changed the first page to reflect a bye week because that's what I believe will happen when the smoke clears. Perhaps Targeting! is correct after all.
A bye week won't affect much. More preparation for league battles.

What's left:
9/6 =
McNicholas, Wyoming, John Adams, Cathedral Prep (PA)
Detroit SE (MI), GRCC (MI), Lawrence C. (IN),
A few options in Eastern Pa, but longshots.
Lonely Struthers

Could there be a worse AD in all of Ohio? :mad:

Baby Reaction GIF

I changed the first page to reflect a bye week because that's what I believe will happen when the smoke clears. Perhaps Targeting! is correct after all.
A bye week won't affect much. More preparation for league battles.

What's left:
9/6 =
McNicholas, Wyoming, John Adams, Cathedral Prep (PA)
Detroit SE (MI), GRCC (MI), Lawrence C. (IN),
A few options in Eastern Pa, but longshots.
Lonely Struthers

Could there be a worse AD in all of Ohio? :mad:

Baby Reaction GIF
Yes she is horrible

Back in 2008 or so Girard tore down their stadium, installed turf and built a new stadium in less time than that.
That Girard project was spread over two constructions seasons--in 2008 the turf field and new track were installed; then in 2009 the old stadium was demolished and the new stands constructed. Including prep work, both phases took about 5 months each.

Which also poses the question, shouldn't it be about time for Girard to replace their turf ? Sixteen years of nearly year-round use -- Varsity and JV football, junior high football, all including daily practices; both boys and girls soccer, again including practice time; usually some pee-wee football games on Sundays in the fall...seems like it's time.

That Girard project was spread over two constructions seasons--in 2008 the turf field and new track were installed; then in 2009 the old stadium was demolished and the new stands constructed. Including prep work, both phases took about 5 months each.

Which also poses the question, shouldn't it be about time for Girard to replace their turf ? Sixteen years of nearly year-round use -- Varsity and JV football, junior high football, all including daily practices; both boys and girls soccer, again including practice time; usually some pee-wee football games on Sundays in the fall...seems like it's time.
Thanks for the clarification. I thought they were done in the same season. I do know that the stadium went up incredibly fast. The field is loooong overdue to be redone. It has been in very bad shape for quite some time now.