NE8 2024

They still have a couple of real good skill players in Josiah Hunter, and Collier Dixon. Also have Hess Cordona coming back.Also that big lineman Fedor will be a senior this coming year. They will still finish around 5-5 probably. They will not have the QB like last year
5 may be a stretch, idk if lakeview and Niles will be auto wins, I don’t think they beat anyone else in conference

One would think~at least hope~that the Girard administration would have been preparing for this eventuality. I do know they have been talking for over 5 years now about building an auditorium ("Performing Arts Center") but every time they seem to be getting closer it fades away. If I recall correctly, at one point they were saying it was going to cost somewhere around $15 million...but that funding was in place and would not require any new or additional levies. They have detailed plans and renderings and even accepted bids at least once, maybe twice, but bids were rejected because the overall price tag was too high. So you would think that turf replacement (maybe $750,000 to $1.0 million ??--I don't know if I'm even close) could be accomplished.

^^ Quoting my own post here from about a month ago.

And now this last week...from a Warren Tribune Chronicle report on the most recent Girard Board of Education meeting and actions:

"Reported the turf at the football stadium will be replaced this summer. Superintendent Bryan O’Hara said the current turf has aged and needs replaced."

Link:

Struthers playing Cincinnati dohn prep week 3 at home giving the wildcats the first 4 games at home.

Basically a bye week against a team that isn’t good and a game you don’t get any points from

Struthers will operate as if they’re only playing 9 games in terms of playoffs but also giving a 10th game for the kids to play mainly the younger kids. It’s not ideal but it’s better then nothing I guess

Struthers playing Cincinnati dohn prep week 3 at home giving the wildcats the first 4 games at home.

Basically a bye week against a team that isn’t good and a game you don’t get any points from

Struthers will operate as if they’re only playing 9 games in terms of playoffs but also giving a 10th game for the kids to play mainly the younger kids. It’s not ideal but it’s better then nothing I guess
I saw Dohn against Ytown East last year. Brutal. Dohn had 1 athlete ( #5. Apparently back for his junior year). The rest of the team was........ let's just say 'meh'. Dohn was flagged for a penalty when the QB threw a 10-15 yard 'completed' pass to the left guard. But it wasn't a QB scrambling just heaving it to a teammate to avoid a sack. The guard actually ran a route. TWO TIMES IN A ROW!
If you're a parent of a Struthers back up, get ready to witness some serious playing time

I saw Dohn against Ytown East last year. Brutal. Dohn had 1 athlete ( #5. Apparently back for his junior year). The rest of the team was........ let's just say 'meh'. Dohn was flagged for a penalty when the QB threw a 10-15 yard 'completed' pass to the left guard. But it wasn't a QB scrambling just heaving it to a teammate to avoid a sack. The guard actually ran a route. TWO TIMES IN A ROW!
If you're a parent of a Struthers back up, get ready to witness some serious playing time
I think that can be good for the backups because most likely there will be no jv game that week. That guard got something to brag about to his WR’s tho lol

^^ Quoting my own post here from about a month ago.

And now this last week...from a Warren Tribune Chronicle report on the most recent Girard Board of Education meeting and actions:

"Reported the turf at the football stadium will be replaced this summer. Superintendent Bryan O’Hara said the current turf has aged and needs replaced."

Link:

Wonder if they’re gonna have the same design as the last one

48-14, I see on their website. Five games. I counted about 30 team members on last year's squad. Cats starters should be out early.

Struthers will definitely have a home game in the first round, possible the second, so just getting the in-game reps will be worth it even if there's no computer points away.

Struthers will definitely have a home game in the first round, possible the second, so just getting the in-game reps will be worth it even if there's no computer points away.
It won’t if the quarterback or running back gets hurt (in a pointless game) because that’s the entire offense.

I’d think Bayuk would give the starters the first half and let the young kids play the second half
Believe me. That game will be WAY out of hand on the scoreboard before halftime. Put it this way. You guys saw the East/ Struthers game last year. The gap between East and Dohn was MUCH wider than the gap between East and Struthers.
I honestly think Campbell would take Dohn

Believe me. That game will be WAY out of hand on the scoreboard before halftime. Put it this way. You guys saw the East/ Struthers game last year. The gap between East and Dohn was MUCH wider than the gap between East and Struthers.
I honestly think Campbell would take Dohn
Well starters need reps, playing them a whole half no matter the score isn’t a cheap shot.

It’s no different from guests playing a tiny school like py valley, I’m sure they’ll treat it like a normal game and pull the starters when the game gets out of hand like most schools do

With the new CB numbers released and all but Niles, Struthers, and Hubbard now Division 5, is it time to think about adding Liberty or Crestview or both to this league? Both are higher CB numbers than South Range. Liberty has a rivalry with Girard and Lakeview already and Crestview and South Range could renew theirs. I know that Crestview would love to get out of the MVAC especially now they have to travel all the way to Portage County for some games. Liberty is close in CB numbers to Lakeview, Poland, and Girard. Geographically either makes since to me.

With the new CB numbers released and all but Niles, Struthers, and Hubbard now Division 5, is it time to think about adding Liberty or Crestview or both to this league? Both are higher CB numbers than South Range. Liberty has a rivalry with Girard and Lakeview already and Crestview and South Range could renew theirs. I know that Crestview would love to get out of the MVAC especially now they have to travel all the way to Portage County for some games. Liberty is close in CB numbers to Lakeview, Poland, and Girard. Geographically either makes since to me.
Why would either want to join? They’re in a league that fits there demographics better and have a much better chance to be competitive in the current league. Don’t see this happening anytime soon

Wouldn’t make sense for anyone involved to me

All due respect, a lot of Struthers posters are here again another year acting as if they are the clear favorites for the NE8 title. I’ve watched this be the narrative every year from struthers but it doesn’t happen. Just so I am clear and not misleading, didn’t they lose 2 or 3 games last year? I do hope for a challenging league war this year but I don’t see anyone In the NE8 beating my Range, including struthers.

All due respect, a lot of Struthers posters are here again another year acting as if they are the clear favorites for the NE8 title. I’ve watched this be the narrative every year from struthers but it doesn’t happen. Just so I am clear and not misleading, didn’t they lose 2 or 3 games last year? I do hope for a challenging league war this year but I don’t see anyone In the NE8 beating my Range, including struthers.
Struthers returns a lot thus making them a favorite to win the league along with South Range. Week 5 will be a great football game.

Oh this guy again, they lost the same place in the playoffs as “your range” to a really good team, as to why I think that since you’re not too bright and don’t know anything but looking at the vindy Saturday morning….

I give Struthers the edge because they return dukes/Braham in the backfield both 1000 yard rushers as well as 4 of the 5 OL and on defense return basically all production outside of pasqerella and Carter.

SR needs to replace their RB and their OL, that’s why I have Struthers over SR right now. That’s not bias that’s just what most people believe outside of you