NE8 2021

I’m sick of people giving sikora praise. He hasn’t been a good coach in years. No matter where he was
I am so so glad the Hubbard BOE hired Hoffman over Sikora. After that, Mickey had a huge tantrum and pulled his son out of the Hubbard schools and transfered him to Campbell while Mickey still taught at Hubbard.

I've asked the question several times in the past:
Why wasn't the Hubbard school system good enough for Mickey's son anymore, BUT it was still good enough for Mickey to teach at???

Agreed, although Lakeview roster did consist of 40 Freshmen and Sophomores last season. Not sure about Jr High numbers, but could be looking to brighter fortunes after 2021 season more likely much brighter than Campbell
Their junior high had some numbers but they were really bad

I am so so glad the Hubbard BOE hired Hoffman over Sikora. After that, Mickey had a huge tantrum and pulled his son out of the Hubbard schools and transfered him to Campbell while Mickey still taught at Hubbard.

I've asked the question several times in the past:
Why wasn't the Hubbard school system good enough for Mickey's son anymore, BUT it was still good enough for Mickey to teach at???
Struthers hired Kuntz over sikora which was the only smart thing they did as well lol

I'm still hearing around Hubbard (today again) that Struthers will be D6 in 4-5 years.

If this is so, they should be a large D6 at the very least.

I'm still hearing around Hubbard (today again) that Struthers will be D6 in 4-5 years.

If this is so, they should be a large D6 at the very least.
Their enrollment isn’t low unless people just start moving out of nowhere. If anything they’ll be a big D5 school they’ll never drop to 6 barring something crazy. They have the same enrollment k-8 that they have had the last 5-7 years. Whoever told you that is on meth

Their enrollment isn’t low unless people just start moving out of nowhere. If anything they’ll be a big D5 school they’ll never drop to 6 barring something crazy. They have the same enrollment k-8 that they have had the last 5-7 years. Whoever told you that is on meth
Yeah I’m sure by B trev has the enrollment numbers that we can use. I would be very surprised. But if they’re saying that round Hubbard odds are it’s 1000000000% false.

I'm hearing what I'm hearing from multiple sources around town that Struthers will be the smallest school in the NE8 within the next 4-5 years (D6).

The question is:
How will that effect the conference, if at all? I hope it doesn't even though there will be a large gap within the enrollment numbers among the schools. I like the conference and I hope it stays together somehow.

Rumor is drug of choice was cocain, not meth. Get your facts right ?

It is what it is. Until the whole area combines school districts [Hubbard, Brookfield, Liberty][Struthers,Campbell, Lowellville] it’ll be tough to have a solid, concrete conference through and through. The NE8 is as good as you can get, sans jefferson + howland.
Those schools you mentioned will never consolidate, it's called school pride and individualism.

Just by eyeballing the enrollment numbers on the Ohio DoE site, there’s no way Struthers will be dropping to D6 anytime soon. Maybe a D4/5 tweeter depending on how the divisions get split
If those numbers are close to being correct that would be good news for the future of the NE8.

Yeah I’m sure by B trev has the enrollment numbers that we can use. I would be very surprised. But if they’re saying that round Hubbard odds are it’s 1000000000% false.

I don’t remember the exact numbers off the top of my head, but I doubt very strongly that Struthers gets anywhere near D6 in the foreseeable future. Depending how the divisions are broken down, Struthers could drop to D5 in football and D3 in basketball as soon as the upcoming 2021-2022 school year.

It’s been a couple years... but I actually posted the projected enrollments for each NE8 school through like 2029-2030. I don’t know if that post is still on here, though. If I remember correctly...
South Range was expected to stay around the same... the idea that they’re growing didn’t match the enrollment numbers at all. They’ll likely stay on the bubble between D5 and D6.
I don’t think I had the numbers for Jefferson, but if next year is going to be their last in the NE8 then it really doesn’t matter.
Struthers was supposed to drop a little bit, which is yet to be seen, and then stay about the same for several years. With a couple larger than average classes coming along every few years. I think there’s a really good chance that they drop down a division next school year.
I think Girard was expected to take a big drop after the Mark Wade class graduated. That hasn’t happened yet either. Like with Struthers, there’s also a good chance that Girard will drop to D5.
Lakeview should also drop to D5, but it probably won’t be for a couple more years.
Poland should be in D4 for a couple more years, then they should be on the bubble for a couple years, but then should drop fast. Like around 2025 or so. I remember being a little surprised at the possibility that Struthers could have a larger enrollment by then.
Hubbard will always be a stable D4 because of open enrollment. And at times on the bubble between D4 and D3.
And Niles should remain D3 for the foreseeable future, but might drop to D4 at some point... like 6 years from now.

I think those numbers were figured before OHSAA started implementing competitive balance, and it’s very tough to accurately predict those modifiers. But I don’t think 7/8 of the NE8 have ever had a CB modifier higher than 7... I know they’ve never had a CB modifier in double digits. Hubbard is the exception... their CB modifier has been in double digits every year and probably averages around 20.
Also, I think OHSAA has been using the same base enrollment numbers for 3 years now instead of the standard 2. At least it feels like they have.
Lastly, I think those numbers were determined before the Lordstown shutdown. That may have sped up the declines in some areas.

I’ll try to find my original post from a couple years ago. It might have been purged from the site when Yappi changed formats.

Last edited:
Just by eyeballing the enrollment numbers on the Ohio DoE site, there’s no way Struthers will be dropping to D6 anytime soon. Maybe a D4/5 tweeter depending on how the divisions get split
No one said anytime soon, the statement was "4-5 years" down the road.

So, I asked around Hubbard just recently (as of yesterday) where they got their information and the answer was from their relatives who live in Struthers and follow the Struthers football program very closely.

Well then, you would imagine strong Struthers followers would actually know what they are talking about when it comes to their football program. It really doesn't matter to me (or Hubbard) either way if Struthers would be D5 or D6 in 4-5 years, no one here would really care. You would think though, it would be beneficial to Struthers if it does happen that they would actually be D6, especially during the playoffs. They would and should dominate...

Every Struthers poster on here is relatively close to the program. Some of us actually know what’s going on more then a family relative who goes to the games. Tight knit community not many secrets. Bayuk is on a short leash as of now. Looking at 2 year window for him

Bayuk is on a short leash as of now. Looking at 2 year window for him
If it doesn't work out for the younger Bayuk, I hope Hubbard would offer him an assistant's position until he lands another head coaching job. It would be nice to see him on the home sidelines wearing the royal blue, white and silver at The Beautiful.

Tough to win with a bad OL
Absolutely true, but it’s not like this staff hasn’t been here, the one who isn’t was great with the OL and that was Kuntz. The problem with this staff right now is the defense and line play.

also in grades 9-12 there is 556 students right now
Grades 5-8 - 557
Grades k-5 - is over 700 so they won’t be dropping anytime soon for those wondering

If it doesn't work out for the younger Bayuk, I hope Hubbard would offer him an assistant's position until he lands another head coaching job. It would be nice to see him on the home sidelines wearing the royal blue, white and silver at The Beautiful.
Take his friend who’s the DC right now. That’s the issue, but friends cater to friends I get it