Middletown Middies looking for new coach

I keep hearing a couple of names around the Middletown opening: (disclaimer: lots of rumors...)
Jalin Marshall- former Middie who was on staff this year.
Maurice Douglass- current Springfield coach....still coaching in the tournament as I type this.
Chris Wells- had a coaching stint in Middletown previously. Had a couple 4-6 seasons to end his career. Still is a teacher in Middletown.
Jason Krause- had a coaching stint in Middletown previously. Had the last winning season for Middletown. Always has competitive teams in Fairfield but doesn't fair well in the playoffs.

My two cents worth: Marshall needs some more experience. Been there and done that with Wells....love his passion for Middletown though.

Douglass would be a great pick but I think someone is pipe-dreaming here. What would Middletown have to throw at him to make it worth it?

Dominoes will start to fall once Springfield wins it all or gets knocked out. Not even sure Douglass knows the Middletown job is open because he is full-go in his own season right now in Springfield. I would think no one on the current staff wants it or they are not interested in hiring anyone on the staff or it would be a done deal at this point.
Douglass would be the best thing to happen for Middletown and the GMC. I just don’t see it happening. That said, if it were to happen… Bolden vs Parker vs Douglass would be huge for R4 public school ball

People that think Douglass is coming to coach Middletown probably think that Brent's is better than Combs.
Have you ever had their Mac and Sand or are we going to blatantly ignore that Brent’s sources their food from GFS? Doesn’t get much more vibrant than GFS Mac and Sand!

Can anyone give me a good reason why Springfield's head coach would leave a team that has played in the state championship 3 straight years for any job in the state, let alone this job?
Pipe dreams for a couple of Middletown folks. No way he is going to Middletown...

Have you ever had their Mac and Sand or are we going to blatantly ignore that Brent’s sources their food from GFS? Doesn’t get much more vibrant than GFS Mac and Sand!
Haha. I like the meat at both places, but in my opinion, both places have trash sides.

"Mac and sand" :ROFLMAO: it does seem like he makes a stop at Lowes for his secret ingredient for mac and cheese after his GFS run. Can't forget the sweet baby rays!

Rumor has it Mark Mueller from Fenwick is the potential coach in at Monroe. Wonder if that would play into the coaching pool with another local opening at Fenwick.

"Mac and sand" :ROFLMAO: it does seem like he makes a stop at Lowes for his secret ingredient for mac and cheese after his GFS run. Can't forget the sweet baby rays!
Definitely is a graininess to the Mac that you don’t get at combs! Maybe when Krause is hired he can do a live blind taste test. Not a cactus blossom but I’m sure it will hold over until a TR gets put in town!

What about Rush Propst? Was brought up in the Fenwick thread. Crooked as they come but man does he know how to win games! He’s about due for a move due to Tax purposes! Also could bring Jeremy Pruitt with him. Could definitely get some players to come to Middletown with the McDonalds bags full of cash!

What about Rush Propst? Was brought up in the Fenwick thread. Crooked as they come but man does he know how to win games! He’s about due for a move due to Tax purposes! Also could bring Jeremy Pruitt with him. Could definitely get some players to come to Middletown with the McDonalds bags full of cash!
He could interview at both while in town. I'm hearing Fenwick plans to wine & dine him at China King Buffet and tax evasion planning will be discussed.

He could interview at both while in town. I'm hearing Fenwick plans to wine & dine him at China King Buffet and tax evasion planning will be discussed.
hear Fenwick will be looking for a coach come Monday about 9:30pm. Hey, Fenwick people thinks it is okay to throw unfounded rumors about schools, coaches, and players, why not everyone else. It is from a reputable source though

hear Fenwick will be looking for a coach come Monday about 9:30pm. Hey, Fenwick people thinks it is okay to throw unfounded rumors about schools, coaches, and players, why not everyone else. It is from a reputable source though
I've already got a hot board going with all of the potential candidates, catch up

This job has Pflugs name all over it.
Would Earl White be interested? Has to be a big pay jump.
Nate Mahan is a free agent too.
Everyone knows Pflug applied for that, WC, Monroe and probably Fenwick even though it may or may not be open.

Earl white would be a slam dunk. Would the Middie faithful lose their minds when they see his double wing offense?

Everyone knows Pflug applied for that, WC, Monroe and probably Fenwick even though it may or may not be open.

Earl white would be a slam dunk. Would the Middie faithful lose their minds when they see his double wing offense?
Possibly. But he seems to get buy in with that style vs other guys. Everhart came in and ran the triple right? It’s not that he didn’t know what he was doing, but I don’t think he clicked with kids.

Another sleeper is Tyler Williams (Taft). He has a good thing there, idk if he would consider it but he would get kids out and bring a staff.

Possibly. But he seems to get buy in with that style vs other guys. Everhart came in and ran the triple right? It’s not that he didn’t know what he was doing, but I don’t think he clicked with kids.

Another sleeper is Tyler Williams (Taft). He has a good thing there, idk if he would consider it but he would get kids out and bring a staff.
Does Williams teach in CPS? If so, he'd most likely take a significant pay cut going to Middletown.

And going from the CMAC to GMC is a huge jump. He has great buy in with the kids though.

Does Williams teach in CPS? If so, he'd most likely take a significant pay cut going to Middletown.

And going from the CMAC to GMC is a huge jump. He has great buy in with the kids though.
He played at Colerain, coached at X and Colerain before Taft so I think he would at least know what he’s up against.
Not sure on his teaching status but Middletown would probably be a pay cut in teaching but a jump in supplementals.
FB HC at Middletown is probably a 20k job.
10 for football, 10 for weight room coordinator or some other way to funnel money to the HC.
Middletown has their own field too lol

This job has Pflugs name all over it.
Would Earl White be interested? Has to be a big pay jump.
Nate Mahan is a free agent too.
Earl White came in 2nd last time Middletown was open and the reason he didn’t get it was because of his double wing offense, and he wouldn’t budge from switching to the spread. Middletown wants the spread because the spread started at Middletown with legendary coach Tiger Ellison. Middletown has too many athletes and not enough lineman’s for the double wing.

Earl White came in 2nd last time Middletown was open and the reason he didn’t get it was because of his double wing offense, and he wouldn’t budge from switching to the spread. Middletown wants the spread because the spread started at Middletown with legendary coach Tiger Ellison. Middletown has too many athletes and not enough lineman’s for the double wing.
That’s why you run the double wing!
The spread is great if you have the linemen to block in space and great QB play.
The Double Wing, Wing T or Bone is for teams who have smaller linemen who need better angles, double teams.
Your best athletes can still get the ball on command and you can essentially play defense by running the ball/clock and keeping other high powered offenses off the field.

That’s why you run the double wing!
The spread is great if you have the linemen to block in space and great QB play.
The Double Wing, Wing T or Bone is for teams who have smaller linemen who need better angles, double teams.
Your best athletes can still get the ball on command and you can essentially play defense by running the ball/clock and keeping other high powered offenses off the field.
Well said.