Middletown Middies looking for new coach

In nearly 20 years of hawg yappi life, i missed this one. Not sure what happened but was told by a 20 year employee Mo was getting this. Good luck Middletown, I see more of the same with this hire.

Check the olentangy orange thread they have Mo going there too.
Good for Mo to use his position to leverage himself to hopefully earn more money, benefits at Springfield.

I spoke to several Middletown people who thought it was a done deal. I kept saying, I will believe it when I see it.

Good luck to the new hire to bring some new energy into Middletown.

Some things still haven’t changed with you mancrush of hatred for Jones.

“He out athleted Winton Woods” 😂
Yea he did. Winton Woods looked atrocious in that game.

He surely didn't outcoach them.

But I'll gladly eat my words if he's successful.

He'll continue to interview for every open job like he did while at both Woodward and Withrow and will be gone within 5 years.

Jones is going to struggle to win in the GMC. You can't out-athlete everyone in the GMC. There's too many good coaches.
This really just depends on your definition of good Coaches. Jones may also be able to get few better Assistant Coaches to join him at Middletown. I personally think the parent/fan expectations have been a bit to high for Middletown Football but that’s just what I read on here.

In nearly 20 years of hawg yappi life, i missed this one. Not sure what happened but was told by a 20 year employee Mo was getting this. Good luck Middletown, I see more of the same with this hire.
How did you miss it? You know Mo always finishes second in the post season.

Good for Mo to use his position to leverage himself to hopefully earn more money, benefits at Springfield
Maybe he was trying to leverage. Maybe they got their top choice anyway and just picked him over Douglas. Maybe they didn't want the baggage of OHSAA violations Mo has. Maybe they wanted a guy who has had his degree more than a couple days. Maybe Douglas was offered and just chose the easy route. Middletown was a good program in the past. Maybe they get back there.

Maybe he was trying to leverage. Maybe they got their top choice anyway and just picked him over Douglas. Maybe they didn't want the baggage of OHSAA violations Mo has. Maybe they wanted a guy who has had his degree more than a couple days. Maybe Douglas was offered and just chose the easy route. Middletown was a good program in the past. Maybe they get back there.
I hope you are right. Go Middies

With Kali Jones taking over the helm at Middletown, who does he bring from Withrow? What are the logistics???

This is a loaded question.... When I ask who he is bringing, I am talking about coaches, players, etc...
Will he assume the position of Simpson in the school all day? Are his assistant coaches teachers who will require teaching positions?

I have heard that he is only keeping one assistant from last year's staff from Middletown. Not sure that is true or not?

With Kali Jones taking over the helm at Middletown, who does he bring from Withrow? What are the logistics???

This is a loaded question.... When I ask who he is bringing, I am talking about coaches, players, etc...
Will he assume the position of Simpson in the school all day? Are his assistant coaches teachers who will require teaching positions?

I have heard that he is only keeping one assistant from last year's staff from Middletown. Not sure that is true or not?
I know Jones' DC, Anthony Berry, is staying at Withrow, as he was announced as the new Head Coach a few days ago.

I was really intrigued with the possibility of Mo. Hoping Middletown has found the right coach that can help continue to rebuild their program.

I really hope you are right! He can't do it alone though. Who is he bringing on staff, and what players are transferring?
In speaking to my buddy who teaches at Withrow, he isn't sure if anyone from the staff is going with Jones. I would imagine a couple on staff could go, but I believe the vast majority of the staff is staying at Withrow, as many of the current staff are Withrow alumni.

Another issue is distance. It's going to be pretty hard to convince assistance to travel from Hyde Park to Middletown, unless they live up north in that general area. Same would go for players, transportation would be very difficult for them getting to Middletown if they transfer...... and another question for players....why transfer from Withrow to Middletown? Why go from top-dog in your conference to the laughing stock?

In speaking to my buddy who teaches at Withrow, he isn't sure if anyone from the staff is going with Jones. I would imagine a couple on staff could go, but I believe the vast majority of the staff is staying at Withrow, as many of the current staff are Withrow alumni.

Another issue is distance. It's going to be pretty hard to convince assistance to travel from Hyde Park to Middletown, unless they live up north in that general area. Same would go for players, transportation would be very difficult for them getting to Middletown if they transfer...... and another question for players....why transfer from Withrow to Middletown? Why go from top-dog in your conference to the laughing stock?
I agree with you 100%. Travel is an issue for kids and coaching staff.

I only ask what other coaches he is bringing because a lot of Simpson's staff at MHS haven't gotten interviews or anything with Coach Jones. I haven't met a coach yet who can do things on their own....

I asked this earlier, will Jones be an offensive or defensive coordinator?

I agree with you 100%. Travel is an issue for kids and coaching staff.

I only ask what other coaches he is bringing because a lot of Simpson's staff at MHS haven't gotten interviews or anything with Coach Jones. I haven't met a coach yet who can do things on their own....

I asked this earlier, will Jones be an offensive or defensive coordinator?
Jones is an offensive coach, but he didn't call the plays at Withrow. The Offensive Coordinator, I could see going with him to Middletown.

I wouldn't expect Jones to interview anyone from Simpson's staff.

Your Buddy has no idea what he's talking about. Jones is a Dayton guy. Half of his guys that were on his staff are from Dayton. The only coach he kept from the former Middletown staff was Marshall, who is the assistant head coach. Nobody in their right mind would stay in CPS and get paid peanuts and turn down 100,000. Dude has made it happen everywhere he has gone. Its takes about two years to change the culture.

Your Buddy has no idea what he's talking about. Jones is a Dayton guy. Half of his guys that were on his staff are from Dayton. The only coach he kept from the former Middletown staff was Marshall, who is the assistant head coach. Nobody in their right mind would stay in CPS and get paid peanuts and turn down 100,000. Dude has made it happen everywhere he has gone. Its takes about two years to change the culture.
I agree, I wouldn't turn down a 100k job, especially when I'm not even certified to teach.

What does assistant head coach mean for Marshall? Will he be a coordinator?

I have heard that a few players from Middletown that were playing at other schools plan to return to play at Middletown. One has already transferred . A decent Jr class plus these additions might surprise a few GMC teams but it will still be difficult to be over .500

I have heard that a few players from Middletown that were playing at other schools plan to return to play at Middletown. One has already transferred . A decent Jr class plus these additions might surprise a few GMC teams but it will still be difficult to be over .500
You can get as many skilled position guys you want, until they build offensive and defensive lines it will be an uphill battle.

You can get as many skilled position guys you want, until they build offensive and defensive lines it will be an uphill battle.
The trenches have been an issue since the Jim Place days. Middletown always has skill guys. Although getting Vann to Middletown from Fenwick would be nice. His dad is a Middletown grad.