Middletown Middies looking for new coach

Pretty sad to see such a storied and proud athletic history being bashed. The same usual bashers. I’m starting to see a pattern. SW Ohio “yappites “ sure like to insult, criticize and bash others. 🤷‍♂️

That’s why you run the double wing!
The spread is great if you have the linemen to block in space and great QB play.
The Double Wing, Wing T or Bone is for teams who have smaller linemen who need better angles, double teams.
Your best athletes can still get the ball on command and you can essentially play defense by running the ball/clock and keeping other high powered offenses off the field.
Yes but you can't get your athletes out in space necessarily as much.

Gotcha. I knew he was the creator of run and shoot, but thought he ran lonesome polecat at Middletown.

At least that's what an old timer told me forever ago.

Thanks
He invented the Lonesome Polecat partway through a losing season and turned the season around. In the off-season he took the lessons from the Polecat and turned it into the Run-and-Shoot.

He wrote a great book about it. Worth the read.

Pretty sad to see such a storied and proud athletic history being bashed. The same usual bashers. I’m starting to see a pattern. SW Ohio “yappites “ sure like to insult, criticize and bash others. 🤷‍♂️
Agreed, I for one am absolutely appalled that people would take such a storied and proud media outlet such as Yappi and turn it into a mockery. With screen names such as 10inchfalcon and J dizzle, who could have guessed the blatant disregard for honest media.

He invented the Lonesome Polecat partway through a losing season and turned the season around. In the off-season he took the lessons from the Polecat and turned it into the Run-and-Shoot.

He wrote a great book about it. Worth the read.
I'll check it out. Thanks

Everyone knows Pflug applied for that, WC, Monroe and probably Fenwick even though it may or may not be open.

Earl white would be a slam dunk. Would the Middie faithful lose their minds when they see his double wing offense?
I think Earl is a great hire but he just started at CJ last season I think

What's the word on the street in Middletown? Actually, let me re-phrase that.... Any news on interviews?

What's the word on the street in Middletown? Actually, let me re-phrase that.... Any news on interviews?
Lets just say it is going to be a big time hire, rumor has it that a team who played in the D1 state championship the last 3 years will be looking for a new head coach.

Lets just say it is going to be a big time hire, rumor has it that a team who played in the D1 state championship the last 3 years will be looking for a new head coach.
I just don't see a logical explanation why Mo would come to Middletown unless they have the cheddar for him, and I don't think they do.

They have an open door policy. Just show up around start time, find a classroom and your good. Pretty laisser-faire about the whole "enrollment" process.
I'm sure the ease at which he can get players to move in the school district will be one of the most important factors for any school he considers to coach at.

I'm sure the ease at which he can get players to move in the school district will be one of the most important factors for any school he considers to coach at.
What does Middletown HS have to offer students to come there? OhioRiverboyyy knows everything about Springfield and Mo wonder what he thinks.

What does Middletown HS have to offer students to come there? OhioRiverboyyy knows everything about Springfield and Mo wonder what he thinks.
What does Springfield have that Middletown doesn't. Springfield was not a good program. Its not like Douglas stepped into a great job. Middletown enrollment may be smaller but the surrounding areas are much larger. The reach to Dayton is still there and maybe he can branch out further. Perhaps he takes the Ginn route and names an academy after himself.

That’s why you run the double wing!
The spread is great if you have the linemen to block in space and great QB play.
The Double Wing, Wing T or Bone is for teams who have smaller linemen who need better angles, double teams.
Your best athletes can still get the ball on command and you can essentially play defense by running the ball/clock and keeping other high powered offenses off the field.
Didn’t their AD run out a coach or two for running the double wing offense?

Middletown has their coach.
I would imagine they would like to have their new coach in place before the holidays so he can establish a weight room schedule as well as get to know the players and visa versa. He would need time to hire a staff as well as determine which current assistants can help.

I would imagine they would like to have their new coach in place before the holidays so he can establish a weight room schedule as well as get to know the players and visa versa. He would need time to hire a staff as well as determine which current assistants can help.
You would think, right?? And that seems like the most logical approach. But then again…We have to remember that we’re dealing with Middletown here.