Mid-State League 2022

The (D7) Boss of the Cardinal ( :stirthepot: ) is having an unusually bad year, which doesn’t help the Card at all.

Last edited:
I picked the Cranberries to beat the 31 points spread this week vs BU in the Lancaster area ‘average joes’ groupchat challenge I’m in.

I hold a two game lead in it so far. Don’t make me lose a game, BR. 😠

It’s come to my attention that there will be a FREE Boyz II Men concert at the Zucchini Fest on Saturday.

Good work, Z!
Thanks! Unfortunately I'll miss the Z-Fest that evening, have to settle for seeing Night Ranger on Friday. :cool:

Last edited:
I picked the Cranberries to beat the 31 points spread this week vs BU in the Lancaster area ‘average joes’ groupchat challenge I’m in.

I hold a two game lead in it so far. Don’t make me lose a game, BR. 😠
Ayyy… Rosecrans beat the spread! 40-15 BU.

Outside of Harvest Prep (3-0, massive win over Eastmoor) and Bloom-Carroll (big win vs Alder), the MSL is not having a banner year in any regard.

Coming off a sophomore campaign that culminated in a First Team All-NCAC selection on offense, junior Denison running back Trey Fabrocini (FC ‘20) notched 110 yards and 3 TD’s as the Big Red dispatched Capital in their season opener.

Heath took care of business on the road, beating HT 24-17. The Bulldogs are small, quick, and full of hustle. They led 24-8 at end of 3rd quarter. HT pulled to within one score with 7:22 left in the game, but that was it. Rangers face Logan Elm next week.

The Eagles are sitting at 2-1 and getting ready to make the first trip of back-back weekends in Lancaster. I have read about Fisher, looks like a rough year. GCC is coming off a blowout win in WV.

The Irish always seem to play tough, and I am still worried about that with the Eagles. I think this might be closer than people think!

The Eagles are sitting at 2-1 and getting ready to make the first trip of back-back weekends in Lancaster. I have read about Fisher, looks like a rough year. GCC is coming off a blowout win in WV.

The Irish always seem to play tough, and I am still worried about that with the Eagles. I think this might be closer than people think!
Whole new offense at FC this year. I’m not criticizing them when I say this, but they just don’t have the tools this year to run either this year’s, or the previous system, well. Rock and a hard place. Previous system was pretty predicated on toughness, which is what usually gave GCC the biggest fits when they played us. Handful of injuries that keep subtracting out our best dudes.

Special teams still pretty solid for us.

The fun, weird trend of “GCC has never beaten Fisher on Hoover Road, but GCC has a winning record (3-1) against FC at Fulton Field” likely continues for another year.

Last edited:
BC heading to Circleville this week. Circleville currently sitting 11th in DIV III according to the recently released AP poll.

BC heading to Circleville this week. Circleville currently sitting 11th in DIV III according to the recently released AP poll.
It’s good for Circleville that they’re ranked, but there’s an obvious difference between SVC bottom-feeders and the BC express. I’ll take the Dawgs.

Harvest Prep travels to Columbus Academy on Friday. 3-0 and ranked #1 in division V on MaxPreps. If I remember correctly, Columbus Academy is the last team in the MSL to beat Harvest Prep in football.

Harvest Prep travels to Columbus Academy on Friday. 3-0 and ranked #1 in division V on MaxPreps. If I remember correctly, Columbus Academy is the last team in the MSL to beat Harvest Prep in football.
I believe they’re the only Ohio division school to beat Prep since HP became an Ohio football school. In fact, their 2020 win over HP is the Warriors’ only defeat in that part of the MSL.

Logan Elm 28, Hamilton Twp 7

LE's Blayton Reid was a one-man wrecking crew last night, accounting for all of the Braves TD’s on runs from 1, 3, 10 and 30 yds. Young man is a stud. Reid carried the ball on at least 75% of the Braves' first-half plays. I'm almost positive he ran the ball all but 4 plays in the second half. One of those plays was a pass to Reid. He also had to sit out one other down due to an injury timeout, probably from sheer exhaustion. And I'm not counting the two busted plays where their center snapped the ball over the QB's head, those were almost certainly going to be handoffs to Reid.

HT's lone score came on a nice 41 yd run by Nadir Langston. Rangers had 3 TD's called back for penalties, and Logan Elm had at least one touchdown nullified.

The Fan-O-Meter says: "Both bands joining up to the play the National Anthem? Cool! When was the last time we saw that?"

Last edited:
After last night's 0-42 result, I am becoming concerned that a winless season at A-C is a real possibility. Looking ahead, there are no games that can be considered close to a sure win. While the first four opponents have been decent to good teams, none are world beaters, and the manner of the losses (none have been even remotely competitive) does not bode well. Everyone expected them to be down this year considering they lost 20 starters, but the margins have been a bit surprising (especially the relative lack of defense).
Hopefully they can squeeze out at least a win this year. If not, this would be the third winless season in school history (consolidated in 1960), the last being in 1973. That season, the Aces were outscored 301-36 (average per game of 30.1-3.6), which included five shutouts. They were close in a few games that year (lost 7-6 to FU, 14-8 to LE).

So far this season, the Aces have been outscored 168-23 (average of 42-5.75). Through four games, they have scored less total points than any single opponent (have given up 42, 49, 35, 42 so far).

Hoping for a win or two this season for the sake of the players!

After last night's 0-42 result, I am becoming concerned that a winless season at A-C is a real possibility. Looking ahead, there are no games that can be considered close to a sure win. While the first four opponents have been decent to good teams, none are world beaters, and the manner of the losses (none have been even remotely competitive) does not bode well. Everyone expected them to be down this year considering they lost 20 starters, but the margins have been a bit surprising (especially the relative lack of defense).
Hopefully they can squeeze out at least a win this year. If not, this would be the third winless season in school history (consolidated in 1960), the last being in 1973. That season, the Aces were outscored 301-36 (average per game of 30.1-3.6), which included five shutouts. They were close in a few games that year (lost 7-6 to FU, 14-8 to LE).

So far this season, the Aces have been outscored 168-23 (average of 42-5.75). Through four games, they have scored less total points than any single opponent (have given up 42, 49, 35, 42 so far).

Hoping for a win or two this season for the sake of the players!
Doesn’t get any easier next week. 🤕

I may be wrong, but The MSL-Cardinal must be the WORST football conference in Ohio, maybe even other states. Combined records of all teams in conference is 9-19 and I'm not including Millersport who's 0-3.

I may be wrong, but The MSL-Cardinal must be the WORST football conference in Ohio, maybe even other states. Combined records of all teams in conference is 9-19 and I'm not including Millersport who's 0-3.
Not everyone can have NC to carry water for their conference’s small school division.

The Cardinal isn’t a great football conference, but the worst claim is pretty hyperbolic. There’s leagues where schools will double up and fill holes by playing schools twice, there are leagues where the coaches will flat out refuse to play the Cardinal and instead opt for long driving distances to play kindred spirit programs.

The problem largely stems to the lack of depth. I think there’s a ton of really good coaches within the Cardinal, but when you run into a season where you’re upside-down on who you can put out on the field there’s not crap you can do about it.

Worth noting with the 9-19 comment: there’s an 0-4 in the Cardinal who lost to two 4-0 teams by a combined 3 points. <shrug>