Let's enjoy the Music!

Ian Dury got me thinking... The '70s were full of weirdo acts that pushed the boundaries of what would be allowed, some good but many basically novelty acts. Sensational Alex Harvey Band had some really good tunes but of course everyone knows them for Gangbang. Here a couple more:

The Tubes were actually a solid band with some really well known musicians backing Fee Waybill with a crazy stage show:

On the other hand the Plasmatics were horrible and Wendy O. Williams was basically a rip off artist:

Last edited:
Ha ha, that's great stuff.

One of my sixth-grade classmate showed up at our class talent show with flowered shirt, ukelele, and a wig just like that, miming to TTTT on a record player. Whippersnappers wouldn't understand, but in 1969 we thought that was very cool and hip. Very anti-disestablishmentarian, if you will.

Ha ha, that's great stuff.

One of my sixth-grade classmate showed up at our class talent show with flowered shirt, ukelele, and a wig just like that, miming to TTTT on a record player. Whippersnappers wouldn't understand, but in 1969 we thought that was very cool and hip. Very anti-disestablishmentarian, if you will.
As a kid in the late '60s I was totally creeped out by Tiny Tim, thought he looked and sounded like some sort of ghoul. The other big deal he had was the wedding to 17 year old Miss Vicki on Johnny Carson's show.

Lawrence Welk's only number one song on the pop charts. My dad wouldn't miss the Lawrence Welk show no matter how much we whined and begged him to turn the channel.
In our house, that conversation ended quickly with Ma saying "whose tv?" accompanied by that Ma stare.

Reactions: SLS
And speaking of fond memories of youth, it is almost basketball thirty for high schools across Ohio. A time when pep bands blared this song across gymnasiums in the Buckeye state: