La Salle vs IMG

Will be a running clock by second half. We need to see ST X play IMG not Lasalle. Gonna be ugly. Give Lancers credit for playing them though.
It would've been cool to see X in one of these games this year knowing what they had coming back. Still, I'll be cheering loudly for Lasalle. Hope you guys represent well. Always cool to the any member of the conference (and really any of the cincy areas teams) play in these kind of games

Will be a running clock by second half. We need to see ST X play IMG not Lasalle. Gonna be ugly. Give Lancers credit for playing them though.

Agreed. Only St X or Pick Central should be playing a team like IMG. Also I will add that it is a crime against nature that St Thomas Aquinas and IMG haven’t played yet. Are they scared of each other??

La Salle has the 7th toughest schedule in the nation while EMG Academy sits one spot higher at #6,

7. La Salle (Cincinnati)
Sept. 3
— vs. No. 2 IMG Academy (Bradenton, Fla.)
Sept. 10 — at No. 45 Trinity (Louisville, Ky.)
Oct. 1 — vs. No. 65 Cathedral (Indianapolis)
Oct. 8 — at No. 23 St. Xavier (Cincinnati)
Full schedule

6. IMG Academy (Bradenton, Fla.)
Sept. 3
— at No. 72 La Salle (Cincinnati)
Sept. 10 — vs. No. 38 Northwestern (Miami)
Sept. 17 — vs. No. 68 Jones (Orlando)
Oct. 22 — vs. No. 69 East St. Louis (Ill.)
Nov. 19 — vs. No. 10 St. Frances Academy (Baltimore)
Full schedule
Trinity is not good this year, unfortunately.

Trinity is not good this year, unfortunately.
They may be 0-1 but that have at least 5 players going D1 next year and at least 3 star recruits. LB going to Cincy; Safety with multiple offers; 2 OT's with multiple offers, with one of them standing 6'9"; LB going to BGSU.

They may be 0-1 but that have at least 5 players going D1 next year and at least 3 star recruits. LB going to Cincy; Safety with multiple offers; 2 OT's with multiple offers, with one of them standing 6'9"; LB going to BGSU.

Yeah, losing to Carmel Week 1 isn't exactly evidence of being not good. La Salle will have to play a flawless game to win down there.

I'll be rooting as loud as I can for LaSalle. Would be great to see them pull off the miracle upset!!
We can all hope that the Lancers make Ohio proud by playing IMG well. Most old guys on here will remember the miracle on ice, well let's make this the Miracle on Turf

I'm afraid IMG is going to make this a statement game considering the negative attention of the BS game with no consideration of good sportsmanship against the host school. I am sure they have heard all about the GCL and want to make this an attention getting score against an Ohio school that has previously appeared in national rankings and has Ohio state championships.

Winton Woods was probably a good warm up game to get used to the speed of higher level teams. Lasalle QB Mattingly is going to have to do a lot better than 5-19 passing though.

Winton Woods was probably a good warm up game to get used to the speed of higher level teams. Lasalle QB Mattingly is going to have to do a lot better than 5-19 passing though.
You may see Cope taking the snaps now. He came in during the fourth quarter and his first snap was a 60-yard Branam-like run that led to points. They actually got into the end zone, but another stupid holding flag was thrown only after the RB entered the end zone for the third time and they settled for three.

According to Chad Brendel of BearcatJournal.com, IMG will be staying at Camp Higher Ground in Indiana, which I believe has a field.
Here is the main field. There are two with field turf.

1630565811455.png

Both had open dates this week. Coaches know each other. It was either IMG or a bad Canadian team coming down.
Which IMG coach are we talking about? Bobby Acosta was head coach when they the national championship last year, but he left for Del Valle high school in Texas and Pepper Johnson was named the head coach earlier this year. The announcement of Johnson's appointment as head coach of the national team was made by IMG on June 23, 2021. He was IMG's defensive coordinator under Acosta last year

Last edited: