Jim Harbaugh

I don’t think you can really include Urban on that list. He coached OLB for 1 year to start his career. He’s an offensive coach. I think jury is still out on Smart as a great/good HC, and I’m somewhat of a UGA fan. Amazing recruiter, but if he can’t out talent teams, they lose.
I include him because he was a defensive player.

Why would any team want to sign a marginal QB who hasn’t played since 2016? And while I’m not a fan of Breitbart, it’s a legitimate question to ask why he wants to play again so badly after equating the combine to slavery.
I root for Michigan except for one time a year. Why would they permit it?

I am done with Michigan football all together. The basketball team can go F'themselves w/ their BLM patch and the football team with Kappercrap is a disgrace...... the only sport I will support will be the Hockey team.

It is time for the 90% to stand up and demand a stop of the BS that is taken over the Country. The only thing they know is the pocket book.

I am done with Michigan football all together. The basketball team can go F'themselves w/ their BLM patch and the football team with Kappercrap is a disgrace...... the only sport I will support will be the Hockey team.

It is time for the 90% to stand up and demand a stop of the BS that is taken over the Country. The only thing they know is the pocket book.
I don’t like that he kneeled during the Anthem, but I understand the point he was trying to make.
I’m adult enough to accept a different viewpoint. However, since then he’s said a lot of things that are off base. IMO, he’s overcompensating for being 1/2 white and being raised by a middle class white family.

To appeal to recruits. Let’s be honest, the majority are young black kids that view him in a favorable light.
I don't think of OSU like I used to. They don't care about me and I don't care about them. I used to send in a yearly contribution. No more

Harbaugh is a genius. What resonates with the kids he's trying to recruit today?? Social injustice, BLM, etc. Harbaugh has a relationship with Kap from the Niner days and it's a genius move to bring Kap in and make him part of the Michigan program. Like or not his political stances, he speaks the kids language. Look, this isn't about doing what's right or wrong for college coaches, it's about WINNING and RECRUITING is what leads to WINNING!!!!
Know why Nick Saban marched in downtown Tuscaloosa when all the riots were going on, arm and arm with his players??? Because he's recruiting players to win!!!!

Harbaugh is a genius. What resonates with the kids he's trying to recruit today?? Social injustice, BLM, etc. Harbaugh has a relationship with Kap from the Niner days and it's a genius move to bring Kap in and make him part of the Michigan program. Like or not his political stances, he speaks the kids language. Look, this isn't about doing what's right or wrong for college coaches, it's about WINNING and RECRUITING is what leads to WINNING!!!!
Know why Nick Saban marched in downtown Tuscaloosa when all the riots were going on, arm and arm with his players??? Because he's recruiting players to win!!!!

He can do what ever he pleases and I can choose not to support the program. One does not sell out America to win football games.

Yeah, pretty much.

He can do what ever he pleases and I can choose not to support the program. One does not sell out America to win football games.
I get it. I wouldn’t be bothered by the BLM patch, as I believe it’s supporting the phrase not the organization. However, pretending CK is a true civil rights leader and having him associated with my team would be tough for me.

I don’t believe his initial protest was supposed to be anti American. However, in the subsequent years since then, he’s said a lot of ignorant things that just get glossed over to preserve this narrative he’s the modern Muhammad Ali.

How can you compare the combine to a slave auction, then piss & moan about not getting a fair shot in the NFL? That’s makes no sense.

I get it. I wouldn’t be bothered by the BLM patch, as I believe it’s supporting the phrase not the organization. However, pretending CK is a true civil rights leader and having him associated with my team would be tough for me.

I don’t believe his initial protest was supposed to be anti American. However, in the subsequent years since then, he’s said a lot of ignorant things that just get glossed over to preserve this narrative he’s the modern Muhammad Ali.

How can you compare the combine to a slave auction, then piss & moan about not getting a fair shot in the NFL? That’s makes no sense.
As we see in most areas, the squeaky wheels' still get the grease, especially in today's social injustice times. However, I still believe there is a sweet spot in the middle where most reasonable thinking people see right through Kap. Here's a guy who thought that taking a knee would push his career one way, and it backfired on him. He bet on himself and lost. He simply isn't good enough to bet on himself this way. Ironically we have a guy who just cashed in because he's good enough to bet on himself in Deshaun Watson. Now unfortunatley today, we have just enough of the fringe media that likes to keep things in the news because for them...it's business. ESPN/ ABC, Yahoo, and many other news organizations entire foundation of business relies on fringe ideology. We USED to rely on news organizations to filter out the crap, now we must do it ourselves. You watch a few episodes of Good Morning America and you see exactly what I'm talking about. The narrative of GMA is somebody / somewhere is being wronged or something isn't fair...according to them. The victim rarely accepts any of the responsibility, which is what normal, logical thinking is.

You are 100% true. Harbaugh and Michigan are banking on the hope that there are less of you than ones who will follow the program. Let's face it, in college sports today, the players have the upper hand. Coaches who play the players game, get recruits and in turn, win.

Still think so??
Given that they can’t recruit for s**t coming off the best season in 25 years bc no recruits trust Harbaugh, maybe. Imagine thinking it was a good idea to go for an NFL job interview on Signing Day. Smooth move, kok sucker.

Omar - better stick to baseball. Yes, Ohio State is great but their recruits are not, for the most part, coming from Ohio like the good ole days. Becoming the little NFL.

Given that they can’t recruit for s**t coming off the best season in 25 years bc no recruits trust Harbaugh, maybe. Imagine thinking it was a good idea to go for an NFL job interview on Signing Day. Smooth move, kok sucker.
Nice language,pal. Guess I better not let my grandson read your replies.

The problem with firing Harbaugh has always been the lack of replacements that would realistically take the Michigan job and elevate the program to the level the fans think they are at. If all you care about is on field performance, Harbaugh is the best Michigan can do right now.

The problem with firing Harbaugh has always been the lack of replacements that would realistically take the Michigan job and elevate the program to the level the fans think they are at. If all you care about is on field performance, Harbaugh is the best Michigan can do right now.

The best the program can hope for at this point is an average of 9-10 wins/season, beating Sparty every other season, and beating OSU once every 4 seasons.

Any best case scenario will involve the stars aligning to qualify for the CFP any time that they beat OSU.

The program is taking a big risk by refusing to be "players" in NIL at this very moment, regardless of how NIL may be regulated down the line.

One bad recruiting class (yet alone multiple) could drastically reduce the small competitive advantage in talent that Michigan has over 3/4 of the league.

The best the program can hope for at this point is an average of 9-10 wins/season, beating Sparty every other season, and beating OSU once every 4 seasons.

Any best case scenario will involve the stars aligning to qualify for the CFP any time that they beat OSU.

The program is taking a big risk by refusing to be "players" in NIL at this very moment, regardless of how NIL may be regulated down the line.

One bad recruiting class (yet alone multiple) could drastically reduce the small competitive advantage in talent that Michigan has over 3/4 of the league.
I didn't like Harbaugh one bit. But, this really made me look at him differently. Who has the strength to make this statement? Maybe there is more than winning in football.

I didn't like Harbaugh one bit. But, this really made me look at him differently. Who has the strength to make this statement? Maybe there is more than winning in football.
It shouldn’t be surprising, he’s a devout Catholic and has like 7 kids.

Would either Shiano or Fleck survive the vetting process? I don't think they would.

Michigan needs a guy like Indiana's got. Someone came up through the state. Went out in the worlds, got experience. Not flashy been mentioned several times in the thread. Exactly what they need. A football coach, not a spokesman.
Yea, that's working for IU. ? ? Michigan needs to get someone outside of the Michigan family. Ohio State got big time when they hired Urban Meyer. That put them into the elite status. Michigan can't recruit nationally and they need to get someone who'll go coast to coast and get kids to go to Ann Arbor.

They can do better than Jim Harbaugh, but they have to decide to be a legitimate player in NIL. They have the brand and the resources to compete in NIL and to successfully recruit nationally.

I don't buy the lack of viable replacements argument. More like lack of effort. They are a wealthy school in a wealthy league, and they are operating in a landscape in which the schools outside of the Big Ten and the SEC are going to be getting squeezed hard and struggling to keep up in the financial arms race in the coming years. They should be able to spend to a greater degree of relevance and consistency than what Harbaugh has brought.

Last edited:
I'm not sure Michigan is an attractive landing spot for 18-22 year olds anymore. Hate to say it, but when college football became more "athletic" many schools in the midwest lost their edge. Can you get kids from the south to come to Ann Arbor, Michigan? A few, but not enough to make a difference. Michigan has to "win the trenches" and win them big in order to even compete.

They can do better than Jim Harbaugh, but they have to decide to be a legitimate player in NIL. They have the brand and the resources to compete in NIL and to successfully recruit nationally.

I don't buy the lack of viable replacements argument. More like lack of effort. They are a wealthy school in a wealthy league, and they are operating in a landscape in which the schools outside of the Big Ten and the SEC are going to be getting squeezed hard and struggling to keep up in the financial arms race in the coming years. They should be able to spend to a greater degree of relevance and consistency than what Harbaugh has brought.

I'm not sure Michigan is an attractive landing spot for 18-22 year olds anymore. Hate to say it, but when college football became more "athletic" many schools in the midwest lost their edge. Can you get kids from the south to come to Ann Arbor, Michigan? A few, but not enough to make a difference. Michigan has to "win the trenches" and win them big in order to even compete.
Absolutely. If you spend the money in NIL, kids will come because it's one of the best college towns in the country with a fantastic campus and great athletic facilities.

I don't buy the idea that kids will go to Columbus, South Bend, and occasionally State College, but Ann Arbor which has significantly better social/cultural offerings than those places and is consistently ranked as a top-5 college town and a top 5-10 place to live in the U.S. is a bridge too far. They just have to drop the better than thou arrogance and actually behave like other big programs behave.