GWOC 2023-2024

Whether it went in or not this win was a loss for Centerville. They're fading...
Doesn’t make that much of a difference in the league race.

Beavercreek followed up their big Tuesday night win over St. X…..by losing to Miamisburg at home by 11.

Springboro played Northmont at home…..and got blown out.

Man I feel awful for the Fairmont kids... They got robbed!!! The GWOC is a complete show!! lol. Nortmont beat Springboro by 20. Miamisburg beat Beavercreek. 🙃

Are they? Nothing indicates they are better than the GWOC teams. Sycamore barely beat Mason. And Centerville beat Isidore Newman after St Ignatius.
Nobody in Cincinnati is any better than the better GWOC teams, minus Centerville. In SWO it's:

1) Moeller

2) Centerville
3) About 15 other schools.

There's a gap between Moeller and Centerville, but not much between Centerville and the rest.

Looks like Centerville should have lost.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1706938821054.jpg
    FB_IMG_1706938821054.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 32
Nobody in Cincinnati is any better than the better GWOC teams, minus Centerville. In SWO it's:

1) Moeller

2) Centerville

There's a gap between Moeller and Centerville, but not much between Centerville and the rest.
Well Fairmont beat Centerville by 10 at their place.. and should have won tonight.. I think Ville has taken a step back this year.. their defense especially half court is a mystery

1) Moeller

2) Centerville

I agree, Moeller and Centerville are at the top and right now, I’d probably give the nod to Moeller - they are loaded. Centerville beat Moeller a month ago, but I think Moeller just keeps improving every game.

Awful break for Fairmont. I thought both coaches' comments in the DDN article were classy, with Cupps acknowledging the shot may not have gotten off in time and Molz refusing to throw the officials under the bus. Contrary to our random anti-Fairmont drive-by poster says, Fairmont has one of the best coaches in the area. I'd like to see what he could do if he ever got a couple of high D1 players.

Awful break for Fairmont. I thought both coaches' comments in the DDN article were classy, with Cupps acknowledging the shot may not have gotten off in time and Molz refusing to throw the officials under the bus. Contrary to our random anti-Fairmont drive-by poster says, Fairmont has one of the best coaches in the area. I'd like to see what he could do if he ever got a couple of high D1 players.
Oh, Fairmont is very well-coached. Coaches handled it right. Short of there being video replay allowed, it was impossible to tell if he got it off or not in real time. No official wants to waive that off, especially if they're not sure.

I haven't even looked to see who is in the Dayton District. Taking a glance and pasting the teams I see that Lebanon once again is in with the Dayton schools. I have not seen them yet this season but noticed they did beat Springboro pretty good. Could they be a threat to stop the streak of 3 GWOC schools advancing?

BEAVERCREEK
BELMONT
BUTLER
CENTERVILLE
FAIRBORN
FAIRMONT
LEBANON
MIAMISBURG
MONROE
NORTHMONT
PIQUA
SIDNEY
SPRINGBORO
SPRINGFIELD
STEBBINS
TECUMSEH
TROY
WAYNE
WEST CARROLLTON
XENIA

I haven't even looked to see who is in the Dayton District. Taking a glance and pasting the teams I see that Lebanon once again is in with the Dayton schools. I have not seen them yet this season but noticed they did beat Springboro pretty good. Could they be a threat to stop the streak of 3 GWOC schools advancing?
They have one of the top sophomores in the state in 6'7" Anthony Thompson. He has an offer from Ohio State among many others. He's a bouncy and skilled 6'7" but isn't polished yet, so the offers are more based on potential at this point. They play very inconsistent and are a little run-and-gun. I don't think they are well-coached. They did beat Springboro and could definitely beat Fairmont, but I think Wayne would guard them and Beavercreek would outscore them. They are also very capable of losing in the 1st round to someone terrible.

They have one of the top sophomores in the state in 6'7" Anthony Thompson. He has an offer from Ohio State among many others. He's a bouncy and skilled 6'7" but isn't polished yet, so the offers are more based on potential at this point. They play very inconsistent and are a little run-and-gun. I don't think they are well-coached. They did beat Springboro and could definitely beat Fairmont, but I think Wayne would guard them and Beavercreek would outscore them. They are also very capable of losing in the 1st round to someone terrible.

I just checked them out in their game at Turpin. #5 stood out to me and seemed to be there go guy. Did not look 6'7" but he is listed as that but definitely the potential is there. Winning at Turpin was impressive though they almost blew a 10 point lead with 2 minutes to go. I agree that they are capable of beating just about any of the GWOC schools on a given night but also could lose as well. Could get interesting what bracket they go in.

For all the back and forth, looks like Centerville can wrap up the title with a win Monday at home against Springfield. I have been impressed with GWOC this year, after thinking it would be down. What do others think of their chances heading into the draw next weekend and the tournament after that?

For all the back and forth, looks like Centerville can wrap up the title with a win Monday at home against Springfield. I have been impressed with GWOC this year, after thinking it would be down. What do others think of their chances heading into the draw next weekend and the tournament after that?
I think they’ll be a tough team to beat in the tournament and they will go as far as #33 takes them. They will need to be the discipline defensive team that we’ve seen spurts of this year. Could see them in the regional final, maybe even final 4, or even knocked out before regionals. With their losses, teams will likely have more confidence playing against them then the past few years but should not come close to taking them lightly. Again #33 is key. This season I hoped to see more shot creation and playmaking out of him. I think he needs to be better with the ball in transition…but either way, it will be tough for any team in SWO to beat the elks in the tournament.

lots of Jekyll and Hyde teams in the gwoc this year. Depending which versions show up come tournament time they will either leave early or make some runs. Could be really exciting or incredibly frustrating. It’s still the Elks then everyone else.

I think they’ll be a tough team to beat in the tournament and they will go as far as #33 takes them. They will need to be the discipline defensive team that we’ve seen spurts of this year. Could see them in the regional final, maybe even final 4, or even knocked out before regionals. With their losses, teams will likely have more confidence playing against them then the past few years but should not come close to taking them lightly. Again #33 is key. This season I hoped to see more shot creation and playmaking out of him. I think he needs to be better with the ball in transition…but either way, it will be tough for any team in SWO to beat the elks in the tournament.
Anyone who watched Powell last season knew he benefitted from having a good facilitator. I came away from last season thinking he had trouble getting his own shot, and I watches them several times. I've seen them once this season, and a vast majority of those shots came from the perimeter, and didn't create a lot for himself. They did play a pretty good team in the game I saw, so that might have had something to do with it.

I do think Centerville is the only team capable of beating Moeller at this point in SWO, but they’ll have to shoot the lights out to do it. Moeller is a legit state title contender. I’m not sure Centerville is. They’ll also be on opposite ends of the bracket and would only meet in a Regional Final.
Way to go out on a limb since Centerville has actually already beaten Moeller this year.

Anyone who watched Powell last season knew he benefitted from having a good facilitator. I came away from last season thinking he had trouble getting his own shot, and I watches them several times. I've seen them once this season, and a vast majority of those shots came from the perimeter, and didn't create a lot for himself. They did play a pretty good team in the game I saw, so that might have had something to do with it.
I think the Dayton district is just about up for grabs this year. There are 4 teams now that can give Centerville a game.

Can tell some frustrations starting to set in from the ol firebirds. Lost tonight against rival Alter dropping their 4th straight game. Little pushing an shoving by some fairmont kids at the end of the game tells me about the locker room at this point.

Can tell some frustrations starting to set in from the ol firebirds. Lost tonight against rival Alter dropping their 4th straight game. Little pushing an shoving by some fairmont kids at the end of the game tells me about the locker room at this point.
Not sure what you mean. From reading on here, I thought they won the Centerville game. How have they lost four in a row?

Can tell some frustrations starting to set in from the ol firebirds. Lost tonight against rival Alter dropping their 4th straight game. Little pushing a shoving by some fairmont kids at the end of the game tells me about the locker room at this point.
You enjoy your D2-3 whatever private school transfer portal special player.. if you were at the game tonight there were a few questionable calls that went Alters way.. 3 charge calls against Fairmont.. then a blocking call when clearly our defender was set.. frustrating because the birds had one bad quarter and out played Alter the rest

You enjoy your D2-3 whatever private school transfer portal special player.. if you were at the game tonight there were a few questionable calls that went Alters way.. 3 charge calls against Fairmont.. then a blocking call when clearly our defender was set.. frustrating because the birds had one bad quarter and out played Alter the rest
Those were 50/50 calls come on man. Don’t blame the refs. And as you and many others seem to forget Greer was always supposed to go to Alter. He went to Incarnation for grade school which is an alter feeder school incase you didn't know. Are you blaming the refs for Friday's loss against Centerville too?

Miamisburg
Elder
Centerville
That was a joke in reference to the many posters on here acting as if Fairmont beat Centerville even if the final score said otherwise. Also, yes they are blaming the refs but seriously? I agree on those calls. 50/50 that all went against Fairmont but they were also all in the first half. And in the third quarter the refs kept Fairmont in the game, in my opinion, with some very touch fouls on Alter. In the end the refs had nothing to do with Fairmont being totally unprepared for what to do against the triangle and 2 defense so just trying to hold the ball for 3.5 minutes, which they could only manage 2.5 before coughing it up. That wasn't the refs fault. Nor did he refs contribute to the terrible defense they were playing leaving Greer wide open for a late three. Or the bad final possession at the end where all they could manage was an off balance fade away 3 to try and tie it.

BEAVERCREEK
BELMONT
BUTLER
CENTERVILLE
FAIRBORN
FAIRMONT
LEBANON
MIAMISBURG
MONROE
NORTHMONT
PIQUA
SIDNEY
SPRINGBORO
SPRINGFIELD
STEBBINS
TECUMSEH
TROY
WAYNE
WEST CARROLLTON
XENIA
Only 3 state championships between all those schools we all know who two of them are can anyone name the third 🤔? And this is your Dayton D1 tournament sectional 🤦‍♂️!

Only 3 state championships between all those schools we all know who two of them are can anyone name the third 🤔? And this is your Dayton D1 tournament sectional 🤦‍♂️!
Beavercreek got a title in 1941? Was then a farm school playing class B.. Per the Alter/Fairmont/Centerville ref complaint above. The irony of getting homered at home in that taxpayer palace is super rich. Greer, no Greer, would guess Alter has won 75-80% of ALL games vs ALL the Fairmont versions from jump. Further ALL were likely road games for Alter.. That said think Fairmont got a winner coaching them- finally teams worthy of those luxe digs. Hope they get a 3rd crack at Cville downstream at a neutral site. Be heated no doubt.

Beavercreek got a title in 1941? Was then a farm school playing class B.. Per the Alter/Fairmont/Centerville ref complaint above. The irony of getting homered at home in that taxpayer palace is super rich. Greer, no Greer, would guess Alter has won 75-80% of ALL games vs ALL the Fairmont versions from jump. Further ALL were likely road games for Alter.. That said think Fairmont got a winner coaching them- finally teams worthy of those luxe digs. Hope they get a 3rd crack at Cville downstream at a neutral site. Be heated no doubt.
If that is really what you want, you guys are doing a great job. Losing four straight, maybe 5, heading into the draw was a great strategy to ensure the 5 or 6 seed and get another crack at them. Sure it plays well in the locker room. Also, losing all those games in a row, including to Miamisburg, and 8 games overall and you think you have found your coach? Expectations are pretty low I think

Beavercreek has never won a state title in boys basketball, as a farm school or surburban school.

Last edited: