GMC 23-24

Who else in Cincinnati should Moeller have played? They went to Dayton (Centerville), Akron (STVSM) and played Mentor in Northern Ohio?
Nobody would have batted an eye if they played any of the GCL-Coed teams, yet they didn't play a single one. Alter would have been a really good game. Fenwick, C-J, and McNick would have been wins but might have challenged them. Badin would have been a blowout but would have been a heck of a lot better a game as opposed to Gamble or Hughes. They also only played 2 GMC opponents and 2 ECC opponents.

Nobody would have batted an eye if they played any of the GCL-Coed teams, yet they didn't play a single one. Alter would have been a really good game. Fenwick, C-J, and McNick would have been wins but might have challenged them. Badin would have been a blowout but would have been a heck of a lot better a game as opposed to Gamble or Hughes. They also only played 2 GMC opponents and 2 ECC opponents.

What makes you think all those schools would have scheduled them? My guess is they would have preferred to play more GMC schools vs traveling to Northern Ohio, Akron. How about your mighty Aves? 5 miles down the road?

Havens is one of the best on-ball defenders in the city. He's a key element to their team, but agree, there are times when more offense is needed and they sub for him. That's fine. They can do that because they have the best built roster.

But in games where Moeller is in control, Havens is a weapon, for sure. He's relentless with his on-ball pressure.
Havens is a nightmare for offenses

All of this talk about scheduling when nobody has any idea other than ADs as to why teams are playing other teams. Elder wrestles and plays baseball or soccer against some of those schools so there are relationships there that make scheduling easier. Same with Moe X LaSalle or GMC teams. Again 16 OOC games is a ton to fill especially when u don’t go out of town. If GCLS teams llayed 16 game league schedules it would be a hell of a lot easier to schedule.

All of this talk about scheduling when nobody has any idea other than ADs as to why teams are playing other teams. Elder wrestles and plays baseball or soccer against some of those schools so there are relationships there that make scheduling easier. Same with Moe X LaSalle or GMC teams. Again 16 OOC games is a ton to fill especially when u don’t go out of town. If GCLS teams llayed 16 game league schedules it would be a hell of a lot easier to schedule.
They really just need to go back to playing all of the GCL-Coed schools, especially now that Roger Bacon and Purcell Marian are no longer in it. That would bump them up to 12 league games, and Alter and C-J are typically pretty good!

What I'm looking at on Martin as them at #17 in D1. Very good nonetheless.

#3 Centerville
#6 Springfield
#8 St. X
#9 LaSalle
#11 Elder
#13 Lakota East
#14 Fairmont
#15 Mason
#17 Wayne
#62 Moeller (lowest in GCL-S)
#68 Springboro (lowest in GWOC)
#95 Oak Hills (lowest in GMC)
#126 West Clermont (lowest in ECC)
#187 Goshen (lowest in Southwest Ohio)
My bad the post I seen was through 1/23 they was ranked #5. I'm not to sure how the number is calculated/changes...

They really just need to go back to playing all of the GCL-Coed schools, especially now that Roger Bacon and Purcell Marian are no longer in it. That would bump them up to 12 league games, and Alter and C-J are typically pretty good!
I’ve been saying this for years and have no idea why they don’t. There would typically be some really good games as well.

There were a couple years they made them play each other. It was ugly for quite a few games.
I'm sure at least half of them don't want to play each of the south teams every year. So it becomes all the teams just scheduling each other as they see fit.................which is what it is now.

How about D1 teams play mostly D1 teams? That would be a start. A couple cupcakes are fine.

There's no reason the GCL and GMC shouldn't be playing more games against each other. If it's about ego, get over it.

Last edited:
sounds like a lot of you should be applying for AD jobs. then you can see how easier or willing teams are to schedule.

glad i opened a thread about the GMC and at least the last 2 pages have been about how the gcl schedules.

jtk
()

sounds like a lot of you should be applying for AD jobs. then you can see how easier or willing teams are to schedule.

glad i opened a thread about the GMC and at least the last 2 pages have been about how the gcl schedules.

jtk
()
Eh, this started by talking about how far we think GMC teams can make a run in the tournament. Since Moeller is the best team (which, I think everybody does acknowledge), debate was started about how good they actually are because they didn't really play anyone. A little irrelevant though since no GMC team could possibly matchup with them until the regional semifinal.

Eh, this started by talking about how far we think GMC teams can make a run in the tournament. Since Moeller is the best team (which, I think everybody does acknowledge), debate was started about how good they actually are because they didn't really play anyone. A little irrelevant though since no GMC team could possibly matchup with them until the regional semifinal.
Moeller might not be as good as normal top teams in SWO, but it doesn't matter because I don't think anyone else is either.

How about D1 teams play mostly D1 teams? That would be a start. A couple cupcakes are fine.

There's no reason the GCL and GMC shouldn't be playing more games against each other. If it's about ego, get over it.
For the 50th time the GMC and ECC only have a few open dates every year. Some of those teams are not willing to play all the GCLS schools. After a grinding schedule some teams would rather play a rivalry type game like E/OH Badin/Hamilton or step down in competition.

Sycamore played LaSalle
West played bad OOC
Middies bad OOC
Hamilton played LaSalle and really good OOC
Princeton played Moe for their only local OOC game
OH played Elder and LaSalle and awful OOC after that
FF played Elder Las X
East played X and 2 local games OOC
Mason played X Moe and 1 other local OOC game

How is the GCLS supposed to fill 16 games when the GMC is already playing them, playing bad OOC, or going out of state. The ECC is the exact same way. The GCLS have to play somebody so they take games when they can and all the better if their local.

For the 50th time the GMC and ECC only have a few open dates every year. Some of those teams are not willing to play all the GCLS schools. After a grinding schedule some teams would rather play a rivalry type game like E/OH Badin/Hamilton or step down in competition.

Sycamore played LaSalle
West played bad OOC
Middies bad OOC
Hamilton played LaSalle and really good OOC
Princeton played Moe for their only local OOC game
OH played Elder and LaSalle and awful OOC after that
FF played Elder Las X
East played X and 2 local games OOC
Mason played X Moe and 1 other local OOC game

How is the GCLS supposed to fill 16 games when the GMC is already playing them, playing bad OOC, or going out of state. The ECC is the exact same way. The GCLS have to play somebody so they take games when they can and all the better if their local.
Trey really slow, he still won’t comprehend! He constantly talks out both sides of his mouth because he clueless! Swear Trey kin to Omar the Dbag!

Trey really slow, he still won’t comprehend! He constantly talks out both sides of his mouth because he clueless! Swear Trey kin to Omar the Dbag!
Having put together schedules in the past…just because I’m open, doesn’t mean you’re open. Any changes, creates an incredible domino effect. Once you get a team locked into your schedule on the same day and week of the season, it is hard to let go.

There's a balance, and the attitude on this thread that's it's all or nothing is stupid. Again, I'll pick one school, Elder, and show the teams they are scheduling over the last few years. Some of these teams are an embarrassment for them to schedule being a premier conference in the city. They raraely schedule GMC games outside of Oak Hills. This isn't a couple a year, this is the bulk of their schedule outside of the GCL. It's right there in front of you. D3 and D2 schools, and some of them have zero chance of competing in these games.

Why wouldn't the GMC teams play the GCL teams? Looks to me like the GCL is dodging the GMC.

Roger Bacon
McNick
St Charles Prep
Connor
Mariemont
Boone County
Badin
Aiken
Summit
Northwest
Shroder

Off the top of my head, Elder is 8-0 against the GMC over the past three years with wins against, Oak Hills, Middletown, Sycamore, and Fairfield.

Off the top of my head, Elder is 8-0 against the GMC over the past three years with wins against, Oak Hills, Middletown, Sycamore, and Fairfield.
And how many of those were regularly scheduled games between the schools vs. tournament games or showcases where someone else is setting the match-ups? Outside of Oak Hills, it's probably most of them.

jtk
()
My bad. Sorry

Elder and the GCL is not dodging the GMC. They simply struggle to find games against local competition.
Why would Elder struggle to schedule a game with a school like Lakota East? Or Lakota West? Or Hamilton? Or Middletown? Or Sycamore? Or Princeton? Or Mason? Literally, these teams are non-existent on Elder's schedule for over a decade. Yet you find Oak Hills and Colerain (lol), two of the weakest programs, on recent schedules.

They literally don't schedule the GMC outside of OH. Why? There's no way you can convince me all of these schools are just saying no. This is purposeful.

Why would Elder struggle to schedule a game with a school like Lakota East? Or Lakota West? Or Hamilton? Or Middletown? Or Sycamore? Or Princeton? Or Mason? Literally, these teams are non-existent on Elder's schedule for over a decade. Yet you find Oak Hills and Colerain (lol), two of the weakest programs, on recent schedules.

They literally don't schedule the GMC outside of OH. Why? There's no way you can convince me all of these schools are just saying no. This is purposeful.
Elder did play against Fairfield the past 2 years regular season. St X and LaSalle have played both Fairfield in regular season the past 4 years if I’m not mistaken. I know there’s more to GMC than Fairfield but they were at the top of the conference and city over the last few years.
Sycamore has also been on Elder, St X, and LaSalle’s schedules over the past 3-4 years.
Seems to be Moeller we’re really talking about here which also seems consistent with your original point on this topic. They’ve played against Princeton the last 3 years but I think it is clear that this year Moeller had a weak OOC schedule this season.
However, the tournament is here. Give it a couple weeks and we’ll see who was getting prepared with their scheduling or not.

Why would Elder regularly schedule OH, Colerain, and maybe even Harrison?.................hmmm...................I just can't put my finger on it...............oh well, maybe there is no reason 🤷🏾‍♂️

Why would Elder regularly schedule OH, Colerain, and maybe even Harrison?.................hmmm...................I just can't put my finger on it...............oh well, maybe there is no reason 🤷🏾‍♂️
Easy wins?

Please don't say proximity. The distance between Elder and Colerain/Harrison is roughly the same as them heading out to any of the GMC schools I listed.