Glenville

There is a post earlier in this thread that says since 1999 enrollment in Cleveland public schools has dropped from 86000 students to 39000, throw in there a year where they shut down sports all together (which would expedite some males leaving) Glenvilles numbers seem totally reasonable.
Thanks for that information but the numbers dont add up. Trust me, I am not a rocket surgeon.

Based on those numbers Cleveland, as a whole, has seen a 55% decrease in total enrollment in that last 20 years. Assuming that 40% are female that is on the average of around 2600 male student annual decline over those 20 years. How many public Cleveland HS are there (30ish)? Then its a simple plug and chug to determine the average male enrollment decline per school over that timeframe.

I totally support what is going on with the GA and from what I have gathered from the website, it is outstanding and I wish more communities would have that involvement with our kids education and advancement but... When one school has a five year decline essentially equal, relative to enrollment, to the combined city school system over 20 years there is more to the situation than just determining football divisions.

Congrats to the Tarblooders on the State Championship, they earned it.

Last edited: