Glenville

I find this thread fascinating. I think that what Mr. Ginn is doing is admirable. So, if he were to provide this academy to give kids another path to success then why would it be a big deal if the kids at Ginn Academy that did not reside in the Glenville district that end up on his roster count toward the competitive balance numbers. Seems like if he were genuinely concerned with the future of these kids, the competitive balance thing would be irrelevant. I guess my question is this: How many kids on Glenville’s roster attend Ginn Academy and reside in a different district?

This is the dumbest thread!!!! The crime riddled impoverished community of Glenville is not what it used to be!!! Take it from a Postal worker!!! There are empty lots where multi dwelling homes use to be!!! Whole streets are vacant condemned homes!!! No one goes to Glenville high school which should be condemned itself!!! This is the reason for the declining student population!!!! Pay attention to what is happening in the country!!! This is taking place in most inner city School districts!!! The Catholics and privates are raiding the inner city!!! These kids just stayed home!!! They are Ginn Elite neighborhood kids!! Dumb Dumb Dumb!!!!! What about the Ginn Academy students that played football for Collinwood and John Hay!!!!! Should they be D1 also!! Or the Ginn Academy students that play basketball for Rhodes???? Stupid thread!!!

This is the dumbest thread!!!! The crime riddled impoverished community of Glenville is not what it used to be!!! Take it from a Postal worker!!! There are empty lots where multi dwelling homes use to be!!! Whole streets are vacant condemned homes!!! No one goes to Glenville high school which should be condemned itself!!! This is the reason for the declining student population!!!! Pay attention to what is happening in the country!!! This is taking place in most inner city School districts!!! The Catholics and privates are raiding the inner city!!! These kids just stayed home!!! They are Ginn Elite neighborhood kids!! Dumb Dumb Dumb!!!!! What about the Ginn Academy students that played football for Collinwood and John Hay!!!!! Should they be D1 also!! Or the Ginn Academy students that play basketball for Rhodes???? Stupid thread!!!

tell it like it is Dwhyte.

I find this thread fascinating. I think that what Mr. Ginn is doing is admirable. So, if he were to provide this academy to give kids another path to success then why would it be a big deal if the kids at Ginn Academy that did not reside in the Glenville district that end up on his roster count toward the competitive balance numbers. Seems like if he were genuinely concerned with the future of these kids, the competitive balance thing would be irrelevant. I guess my question is this: How many kids on Glenville’s roster attend Ginn Academy and reside in a different district?

None. There are no kids on Glenville’s roster attending Ginn Academy and residing in a different district. Kids can attend Ginn but they are only eligible to play for their neighborhood/district school.

Sounds legit to me then. Do those kids that go to Ginn Academy and are on the Glenville roster count toward the enrollment of Glenville. If they do then it is as legit as it gets. No arguments to be had.

Season 2 Usa GIF

I wonder how many of those complaining about Glenville exploiting a loophole would pass on a loophole to save money on their taxes or on a purchase.
Other schools manipulate their enrollment as well, keeping just enough kids to stay on the larger size of divisions, but with that said, Glenville should be d-2 not d-4 that’s a two tiered cheating on taxes. But with that said Ginn would want to be D-1 if he was allowed

Way more than you imagine

I posted this on another thread and really it should not have been but since I was quoted in that particular thread I responded. I have cut and pasted my response and probably this more appropriate place to discuss.

Per OHSAA "**Schools marked with a ** (Glenville has **) had additional students "added back" to their base enrollment count. These "add back" students attend either an online school sponsored by the district or a non-traditional school sponsored by the district which does not offer sports. Both these classifictions (misspelling from an educational sponsored institution...hmm) of students are permitted a participation opportunity back at the assigned OHSAA member school and are therefore added back to the base enrollment count".

This statement by OHSAA would indicate they have counted students belonging to a particular school while attending another ( i guess, since I am not privy to the intricacies of the OHSAAA counting methodology), even the CB# for Glenville is 0., thus leaving one to believe the numbers registered are in fact legitimate. Therefore, I have to trust the "governing agency" to get the counts correct and that I cannot argue that Glenville is within the parameters of OHSAA for being a DIV school. But as many have pointed out, there may be some fudging "(loophole") to these numbers and arguments to made against Glenville actually being DIV. To me, I dont give a rats arse

However, considering the male enrollment drop, at Glenville, just over the last three year counting cycles compared in relation to female enrollment.

2016 -416 Male and 233 Female
2018 - 317 Male and 201 Female
2021 - 249 Male and 213 Female

Net 167 male decline and 20 female decline. At this rate Glenville will DVI is three years.

This around 41% decrease in male enrollment compared to a 9% decrease of female enrollment over a five year period and that is not in line or proportional with the decline of the Cleveland area population.

Since you decided to quote me, I have researched about 235 schools enrollment over the aforementioned time period and I have not been able to find one that is within a galaxy of the male HS enrollment decline to what Glenville has had over the stated time period. One person on this thread outlined the divisional breakdowns from 2007 till present and how Glenville dropped from DI to DIV... that is unprecedented. However, when did the Ginn Academy come on line? Is there a correlation? IDK, possibly. Another poster stated that not one Glenville football player attends the Ginn Academy and though I cannot argue that, the statistics do not back up that claim.

Bottom line, Glenville HS has lost 167 males students in five years and without doing further research I wish to know what other schools have that drastic of a decrease. I can make statistics favor one side over another and I really dont care if Glenville is DI or DVII; but when push comes to shove, why is there such a drastic decline in male enrollment at Glenville?

Good luck to both teams on their quest for a Championship.

Compromise.

Someone wants pasta, someone wants salad. So, they put marinara on lettuce.They both got something they wanted but neither is happy with it.

That's essentially the OHSAA in a nutshell.

Their little salad has only created a boondoggle of administrative bureaucratic waste, at taxpayer expense, that has done 0.0 to address the competitive issue. But hey at least we now know hapless 2-8 Akron Firestone has a CB of +31.

The whole CB scam is a big joke.

that I don't know for sure, I know that a few of them played for Euclid last year. My assumption is moved back or had just open enrolled at Euclid and came back to the home school. Either way, the run of kids Glenville has is almost generational. They are talented and explosive.
Nobody is moving from Euclid back to Cleveland just to play football. Juggle the address given. Adults were lying for years about the true location of where they lived and trying to have their kids who lived in Cleveland attend Euclid. If Rotsky was still at Euclid with those facilities I'm betting Euclid would not have fallen into a disaster in football and Glenville would not be quite as good as they are. Where is Arvelle Reese from? EUCLID. Now go on peddling the Ginn narrative.
College Accuse GIF

What is easier? Play for D4 Glenville and beat up on the little sisters of the poor with some solid competition thrown in. With a legit chance at glory and a state championship???? Or stay at Euclid and maybe win 7/8 games and get smoked out of the playoffs by Mentor/Medina/ Ed's? Because D1 is a meatgrinder. This type of road map was designed by the pro athletes of basketball who want to form super teams and roam looking for a championship contender. Le Bron??? AAU type of situation in football. All protected by the umbrella of Black vs. White. Suburb vs. Inner City. And on and on and on. People know most would never question this because the Race card will be thrown down.
Marlon Brando Truth GIF by The Godfather

Nobody is moving from Euclid back to Cleveland just to play football. Juggle the address given. Adults were lying for years about the true location of where they lived and trying to have their kids who lived in Cleveland attend Euclid. If Rotsky was still at Euclid with those facilities I'm betting Euclid would not have fallen into a disaster in football and Glenville would not be quite as good as they are. Where is Arvelle Reese from? EUCLID. Now go on peddling the Ginn narrative.
College Accuse GIF
Wel wait now. I'm not peddling anything. I gave my assumption on how they were eligible or back at Glenville.

Wel wait now. I'm not peddling anything. I gave my assumption on how they were eligible or back at Glenville.
My apologies. I wasn't referring to you specifically when I said that. It was for the excuse makers and those that feel this Glenville situation is all apples and oranges. Hope that clears things up. I actually tried to expand on what you said. You are on the right path.

My apologies. I wasn't referring to you specifically when I said that. It was for the excuse makers and those that feel this Glenville situation is all apples and oranges. Hope that clears things up. I actually tried to expand on what you said. You are on the right path.
Yeah they are loaded but I don't get how you can play last year for a team and play a full season this year unless they went back to home district or moved

I will say watching Glenville play is a treat. The kids run around the field like heat seeking missiles. They are far from a perfect team. They make up for their deficiencies with out and out athleticism. Private and open enrollment there is no such thing as a level playing fields if schools take fulll advantage of the legal loopholes available to them. Mostly it is just a question of how well they do take advantage of them.

Congrats Glenville! Keep it rolling. All the students at Ginn Academy are allowed to play at different schools throughout the Cleveland Public School System. They are not doing nothin illegal. Congrats again!

They remind me of the old C.A.P.E. high school that was part of Cincinnati Public Schools back in the 80s and early 90s. They were a CPS all star team but competed as a small school.

For inner city schools, opportunities like these should be available in every city in Ohio. CPS should bring back the CAPE concept, Columbus public schools should have something similar. I taught in the inner city and what playing sports provides to these kids is far more valuable than most school administrators will admit. From life skills, to getting kids off the street, to providing college opportunities; sports are the greatest assets these kids have.

I posted this on another thread and really it should not have been but since I was quoted in that particular thread I responded. I have cut and pasted my response and probably this more appropriate place to discuss.

Per OHSAA "**Schools marked with a ** (Glenville has **) had additional students "added back" to their base enrollment count. These "add back" students attend either an online school sponsored by the district or a non-traditional school sponsored by the district which does not offer sports. Both these classifictions (misspelling from an educational sponsored institution...hmm) of students are permitted a participation opportunity back at the assigned OHSAA member school and are therefore added back to the base enrollment count".

This statement by OHSAA would indicate they have counted students belonging to a particular school while attending another ( i guess, since I am not privy to the intricacies of the OHSAAA counting methodology), even the CB# for Glenville is 0., thus leaving one to believe the numbers registered are in fact legitimate. Therefore, I have to trust the "governing agency" to get the counts correct and that I cannot argue that Glenville is within the parameters of OHSAA for being a DIV school. But as many have pointed out, there may be some fudging "(loophole") to these numbers and arguments to made against Glenville actually being DIV. To me, I dont give a rats arse

However, considering the male enrollment drop, at Glenville, just over the last three year counting cycles compared in relation to female enrollment.

2016 -416 Male and 233 Female
2018 - 317 Male and 201 Female
2021 - 249 Male and 213 Female

Net 167 male decline and 20 female decline. At this rate Glenville will DVI is three years.

This around 41% decrease in male enrollment compared to a 9% decrease of female enrollment over a five year period and that is not in line or proportional with the decline of the Cleveland area population.

Since you decided to quote me, I have researched about 235 schools enrollment over the aforementioned time period and I have not been able to find one that is within a galaxy of the male HS enrollment decline to what Glenville has had over the stated time period. One person on this thread outlined the divisional breakdowns from 2007 till present and how Glenville dropped from DI to DIV... that is unprecedented. However, when did the Ginn Academy come on line? Is there a correlation? IDK, possibly. Another poster stated that not one Glenville football player attends the Ginn Academy and though I cannot argue that, the statistics do not back up that claim.

Bottom line, Glenville HS has lost 167 males students in five years and without doing further research I wish to know what other schools have that drastic of a decrease. I can make statistics favor one side over another and I really dont care if Glenville is DI or DVII; but when push comes to shove, why is there such a drastic decline in male enrollment at Glenville?

Good luck to both teams on their quest for a Championship.
There is a post earlier in this thread that says since 1999 enrollment in Cleveland public schools has dropped from 86000 students to 39000, throw in there a year where they shut down sports all together (which would expedite some males leaving) Glenvilles numbers seem totally reasonable.