Glenville

I apologize for criticizing the mighty Glenville. It’s not the weather’s fault that Van Wert had receivers open the entire game, even on the first play where the VW kid slipped in the snow going for the ball! But sadly the weather only hurt Glenville.
Dude, it's over. Van Wert had an awesome year. Played Glenville better than anyone in D4 has through 15 weeks. But it's over. You can criticize them Glenville all you want, but that doesn't change that Van Wert lost.

So anyone that goes to Ginn Academy can go to Glenville to play football and count zero for CB? That is sort of a big loophole and sort of BS if you ask me. I can see a kid that lives in Max Hayes not counting because they don't have football at Max Hayes right? But Collinwood does have football and it seems logical that any kid that goes to Ginn from the Collinwood district counts towards CB if they go to Glenville for football, but would not count if they played at Collinwood. Not really in the spirit of the rule. That's an OHSAA CB issue. Not going to blame Glenville, but not a good look.
Not an expert on the matter but I believe Ginn Academy operates similar to Akron Early College High School in Akron, students that attend AECHS (which doesn't have any sports teams) can only participate in sports for their neighborhood school. So if your normal school would have been Ellet, that would be the school you would play for. The part I'm not sure about is how those students count for CB.

Ginn Academy has been open since 2007
2007 Glenville D1
2008 Glenville D1
2009 Glenville D1
2010 Glenville D1
2011 Glenville D1
2012 Glenville D1
2013 Glenville D2
2014 Glenville D2
2015 Glenville D2
2016 Glenville D2
2017 Glenville D3
2018 Glenville D3
2019 Glenville D3
2020 Glenville D4
2021 Glenville D4
2022 Glenville D4
A lot of people screaming LOOPHOLES.... When the issue is a DECREASE IN ENROLLMENT IN CMSD!!!!!!! FOOTBALL PLAYERS HAVE BEEN ATTENDING GINN ACADEMY SINCE 2007........... I AM A PROUD GRADUATE OF CMSD CLASS OF 99 COLLINWOOD WHEN THE DISTRICT HAD OVER 86,000 KIDS..... 23 YEARS LATER A LITTLE OVER 39,000 KIDS...... COLLINWOOD WAS D1 IN 1999 AND CURRENTLY D3 IN 2022..... THE MAJORITY OF THEIR TEAM ATTENDS GINN ACADEMY!!!!!!!! WHERE WERE THE COMPLAINTS WHEN GLENVILLE WAS BOUNCED IN THE FIRST ROUND AGAINST TCC AND NORWALK? ILL WAIT....... I HAVE NEVER EVER SEEN SO MUCH HATE TOWARDS A TEAM...... GLENVILLE HAD THE 5TH HIGHEST COMPUTER POINTS OUT ALL REGIONS HIGHER THAN D1 SPRINGFIELD D2 HOBAN AND TCC TEAM THATS CURRENTLY COMPETING FOR A STATE TITLE......... WITH ALL THAT BEING SAID LET'S GO GLENVILLE!!!!!!!!!!

What I fail to see is how Glenville BENEFITS by being in D4.

You would THINK that Ginn would want to be playing for D1, for the increase in "prestige" and "relevance"

(there is no actual prestige or relevance associated with winning an OHSAA tournament. Prestige and relevance plus $1.75 buys you a coffee at McDonalds.)

But assuming that there IS an increase in "prestige" and "relevance" to winning a higher division... for the sake of argument.....

Why would Ginn intentionally diminish the "prestige" and "relevance" that comes with winning a tournament.?

There's little prestige or relevance gained by beating up little teams like Jefferson Area. It's really not even any fun.

I apologize for criticizing the mighty Glenville. It’s not the weather’s fault that Van Wert had receivers open the entire game, even on the first play where the VW kid slipped in the snow going for the ball! But sadly the weather only hurt Glenville.
I'll tell you what - go watch them Saturday night and honestly (if possible) tell me that is the same team you played in the snow and wind. I'm not saying the weather did not effect both teams - but it definitely brought Glenville down speed wise closer to VW.

You would THINK that Ginn would want to be playing for D1, for the increase in "prestige" and "relevance"

(there is no actual prestige or relevance associated with winning an OHSAA tournament. Prestige and relevance plus $1.75 buys you a coffee at McDonalds.)

But assuming that there IS an increase in "prestige" and "relevance" to winning a higher division... for the sake of argument.....

Why would Ginn intentionally diminish the "prestige" and "relevance" that comes with winning a tournament.?

There's little prestige or relevance gained by beating up little teams like Jefferson Area. It's really not even any fun.
Damn…. I haven’t been to McDonald’s in a while - they charge $1.75 for coffee now?

Ginn Academy has been open since 2007
2007 Glenville D1
2008 Glenville D1
2009 Glenville D1
2010 Glenville D1
2011 Glenville D1
2012 Glenville D1
2013 Glenville D2
2014 Glenville D2
2015 Glenville D2
2016 Glenville D2
2017 Glenville D3
2018 Glenville D3
2019 Glenville D3
2020 Glenville D4
2021 Glenville D4
2022 Glenville D4
A lot of people screaming LOOPHOLES.... When the issue is a DECREASE IN ENROLLMENT IN CMSD!!!!!!! FOOTBALL PLAYERS HAVE BEEN ATTENDING GINN ACADEMY SINCE 2007........... I AM A PROUD GRADUATE OF CMSD CLASS OF 99 COLLINWOOD WHEN THE DISTRICT HAD OVER 86,000 KIDS..... 23 YEARS LATER A LITTLE OVER 39,000 KIDS...... COLLINWOOD WAS D1 IN 1999 AND CURRENTLY D3 IN 2022..... THE MAJORITY OF THEIR TEAM ATTENDS GINN ACADEMY!!!!!!!! WHERE WERE THE COMPLAINTS WHEN GLENVILLE WAS BOUNCED IN THE FIRST ROUND AGAINST TCC AND NORWALK? ILL WAIT....... I HAVE NEVER EVER SEEN SO MUCH HATE TOWARDS A TEAM...... GLENVILLE HAD THE 5TH HIGHEST COMPUTER POINTS OUT ALL REGIONS HIGHER THAN D1 SPRINGFIELD D2 HOBAN AND TCC TEAM THATS CURRENTLY COMPETING FOR A STATE TITLE......... WITH ALL THAT BEING SAID LET'S GO GLENVILLE!!!!!!!!!!
The all caps are a bit distracting, but the year-by-year breakdown shows that Glenville didn't go from D1 to D4 overnight, which some are trying to make it out to be.

This is only what like the 12th different Glenville thread over the past couple of months, lol??? I remember looking up the numbers on one (or was it two or three of them) that showed that Glenville, even if you added every football player at Ginn Academy that plays football for Glenville, it would put them maybe at Division 3. Alone, Glenville is closer to D5 than they are D3.

Whatever, if they are out of place at D4, it's not by much.

Damn…. I haven’t been to McDonald’s in a while - they charge $1.75 for coffee now?

yeah something like that.

an OHSAA trophy and $1.75 gets you coffee at McDonalds. and they throw the OHSAA Trophy in the garbage.

it's junk.

1669717269860.png

The all caps are a bit distracting, but the year-by-year breakdown shows that Glenville didn't go from D1 to D4 overnight, which some are trying to make it out to be.

This is only what like the 12th different Glenville thread over the past couple of months, lol??? I remember looking up the numbers on one (or was it two or three of them) that showed that Glenville, even if you added every football player at Ginn Academy that plays football for Glenville, it would put them maybe at Division 3. Alone, Glenville is closer to D5 than they are D3.

Whatever, if they are out of place at D4, it's not by much.
the entire "divisions" thing is stupid if you think about it.

awww we want the ittle wittle schools to have a chance to win a worthless trophy so lets have a ittle wittle tadpole division so they can pretend they are in the NFL too.

That way the ittle wittle tadpole school can think they are just like St Eds.

Hey, we're missing out here : we have 700 schools, let's have 700 divisions so everybody is champion of a division.

The trophy manufacturers will be VERY happy.

awww we want the ittle wittle schools to have a chance to win a worthless trophy so lets have a ittle wittle tadpole division so they can pretend they are in the NFL too.

Hey, we're missing out here : we have 700 schools, let's have 700 divisions so everybody is champion of a division.

Oh my!!!

I like some of your posts most of the times and agree with your posts sometimes but mostly I think you drink more than I do, yet I'm not as mad :ROFLMAO: .
cheers

Weather like that is a huge advantage to the offense. Maybe it affected both teams equally, but after having seen them live Saturday night, there defense would live in most d4 backfields all night with how fast they come off the ball.

Last edited:

How do you know Ted Ginn does not want to play D1 or D2? WHat do you mean "interntionally diminish? Have you read this thread? It is well-established Glenville in D4 was not an act manufactured by Cleveland Schools.

Collinwood John Hay Euclid Richmond Heights Warrensville Hts all have players that attend Ginn Academy
So, they would not count as CB numbers at their home school. The question is, can they go to a non home school and still not count? I wouldn't think so.
Not an expert on the matter but I believe Ginn Academy operates similar to Akron Early College High School in Akron, students that attend AECHS (which doesn't have any sports teams) can only participate in sports for their neighborhood school. So if your normal school would have been Ellet, that would be the school you would play for. The part I'm not sure about is how those students count for CB.
That's the entire problem with this thread. No one knows. It seems to me that by looking at the numbers, there is nothing really wrong going on. The one thing I find iffy is that Glenville has ZERO CB numbers. Not a single kid from outside the district is playing football there? Not to beat a dead horse, but unless they are doing something to suppress the number of girls at Glenville, the numbers do not seem out of whack. If something was up, you would expect to see 350 girls and 249 boys. Not the case.

Aren't there Art specific schools and science specific schools in Cleveland kids can choose to attend rather than the traditional school? Same rules apply for them I would suppose. Is the Ginn Academy doing right by the kids and providing them with a better education and/ or opportunities? I think that should be the focus. I don't want them to be able to draw from and extra 300 boys for their sports teams without being in the proper division because of it, but even that is not a huge deal if the school is more beneficial to the kids and community than if it wasn't available.

your entire post is stupid because you didn't think about it.

How do you know Ted Ginn does not want to play D1 or D2? WHat do you mean "interntionally diminish? Have you read this thread? It is well-established Glenville in D4 was not an act manufactured by Cleveland Schools.

I don't know if Ginn wants to be in D1 or D2 but you haven't specified how it BENEFITS Glenville to be in D4.

I believe you're the one who defamed them by saying they cheated to be in D4.

so, spit it out: how do they benefit by being in D4?

D-IV is tougher than D-III this year so moving Glenville up to D-III wouldn't change any of this hahaha.

I don't know if Ginn wants to be in D1 or D2 but you haven't specified how it BENEFITS Glenville to be in D4.

I believe you're the one who defamed them by saying they cheated to be in D4.

so, spit it out: how do they benefit by being in D4?
You must be reading a different thread than the rest of us.

I multiple threads people keep mentioning the divisions teams should play in or would like to play in, like it's a choice. It all comes down to simple numbers. It makes no difference what anyone thinks or wants.

I multiple threads people keep mentioning the divisions teams should play in or would like to play in, like it's a choice. It all comes down to simple numbers. It makes no difference what anyone thinks or wants.
doesn't HAVE to be that way. why shouldnt a school be able to be in tournament in any higher "division" it wishes? has nothing to do with first ten games. just has to keep same roster of players for tournament as for harbin totals for seeding in tournament. go by harbins weighted for strength of schedule. across all schools regardless of division for regular season purposes.

doesn't HAVE to be that way. why shouldnt a school be able to be in tournament in any higher "division" it wishes? has nothing to do with first ten games. just has to keep same roster of players for tournament as for harbin totals for seeding in tournament. go by harbins weighted for strength of schedule. across all schools regardless of division for regular season purposes.
I don't disagree but until the OHSAA permits it technically DOES HAVE to be that way. Schools should be able to move up if they wish.

I don't disagree but until the OHSAA permits it technically DOES HAVE to be that way. Schools should be able to move up if they wish.
I thought the schools tell the OHSAA what to do : not the other way around.

The OHSAA can't dictate anything, it's owned by the school districts. The OHSAA has no power to determine what is justified in the name of education, the OHSAA just provides game officials in reality thats all it does. across all the sports public and private schools as extracurriculars the OHSAA just supplies the game officials at each venue, its a business run under the table, qualifying as an official and being assigned to games across all schools and all sports.

Oh I realize there's a facade of OHSAA oversight or whatever most fans think the OHSAA is a state of ohio organization of some kind: idiot radio announcers pronounce it OSHA like the Occupational Safety and Health Administration the average fan thinks its the State of Ohio.

but realistically Ohio school districts and administrations are happy to wash their hands of any real input: they just let the OHSAA do whatever it wants and the schools just follow along like puppies they dont have time to mess around thinking about and changing the system already in place as has been the case for years and years and years.

You must be reading a different thread than the rest of us.

You are right my mistake its how eidetic memory works it takes a picture of the information and I wrongly attributed the accusation of cheating to you, when in reality you questioned the characterization

my bad.
1669760605598.png

mea culpa.

I thought the schools tell the OHSAA what to do : not the other way around.

The OHSAA can't dictate anything, it's owned by the school districts. The OHSAA has no power to determine what is justified in the name of education, the OHSAA just provides game officials in reality thats all it does. across all the sports public and private schools as extracurriculars the OHSAA just supplies the game officials at each venue, its a business run under the table, qualifying as an official and being assigned to games across all schools and all sports.

Oh I realize there's a facade of OHSAA oversight or whatever most fans think the OHSAA is a state of ohio organization of some kind: idiot radio announcers pronounce it OSHA like the Occupational Safety and Health Administration the average fan thinks its the State of Ohio.

but realistically Ohio school districts and administrations are happy to wash their hands of any real input: they just let the OHSAA do whatever it wants and the schools just follow along like puppies they dont have time to mess around thinking about and changing the system already in place as has been the case for years and years and years.
Compromise.

Someone wants pasta, someone wants salad. So, they put marinara on lettuce.They both got something they wanted but neither is happy with it.

That's essentially the OHSAA in a nutshell.