Federal League 2022-23

Jackson does not get enough credit for what they have done the last 15 + Years. I am a Perry grad and played there in the late 90s and followed things pretty tight besides the years I spent in Montana but what is Jackson doing differently than the other fed teams? I saw Perry built new basketballl and lifting facility recently
First off Jackson has a lot of kids. Usually raised in two parent homes with structure. Say what you want that makes a huge difference. Then they have a great youth program with tons of kids that is ran very well. Green does as well and both Green and Jackson put good coaches in and their admins have their backs....not the whiney parents backs. The coaches are well seasoned with their programs from top to bottom and no revolving doors. Look at the better programs, Lake, Green and Jackson and their coaching tenures compared to McK, Perry, NC and GO.

Perry 61
Marietta 47
Final
Marietta was 14-6, but I think the level of competition they have faced week to week isn’t what Perry has faced. I thought they were well coached and their kids played hard, but in the long run they wore down some. Plus they did not have a consistent player or two from behind the 3 point line to open things up for their 6-6 kid, who is built like a tight end, but had good basketball skills. Still a nice win for the Panthers, who are playing much better lately. I have a feeling tonight’s opponent, Hoban, will be a different animal all together.

First off Jackson has a lot of kids. Usually raised in two parent homes with structure. Say what you want that makes a huge difference. Then they have a great youth program with tons of kids that is ran very well. Green does as well and both Green and Jackson put good coaches in and their admins have their backs....not the whiney parents backs. The coaches are well seasoned with their programs from top to bottom and no revolving doors. Look at the better programs, Lake, Green and Jackson and their coaching tenures compared to McK, Perry, NC and GO.
McK is still the winningest hoops program in Ohio - 3 state titles plus 1 at Lehman plus 1 McK girls - plus a ton more final fours 😊😊👍🏻

McK is still the winningest hoops program in Ohio - 3 state titles plus 1 at Lehman plus 1 McK girls - plus a ton more final fours 😊😊👍🏻
Mck is the winningest program in Ohio...am thinking the Lehman grads..which there are still some will say that is their state title..won before McKinley won theirs..lol. My concern is since Raymar Morgan the talent has dropped off...they used to dominate teams. Now has the style of hoops, three point line being utilized much more, better coaching, AAU play and practicing all summer in the 7th thru 10th grade caught up with McKinley?

Hoban is very good. Wouldn't be surprised if they made the Elite 8 again.
They're very athletic with J Nichols, W Scott, and Sperling coming out for his senior season.
Agree, way too many big athletes for the Panthers to hang with for 4 quarters. Perry played hard, Joel Brown couldn’t buy a basket, which is very unusual , but in the third quarter Hoban’s skill and athleticism took over.

Hoban is very good. Wouldn't be surprised if they made the Elite 8 again.
They're very athletic with J Nichols, W Scott, and Sperling coming out for his senior season.
Yes. And the Perry people blew their mouth off about making a tournament run. Not this year, but good luck in the future 👍

Yes. And the Perry people blew their mouth off about making a tournament run. Not this year, but good luck in the future 👍
Who blew their mouth off lol. I think if they can win a game or two in the tourney that will be great and realistic. After that they still lack overall talent. But they have made great strides as a program this year.

The poster stated and wanted to know what Jackson does that is setting them apart for their success the past 15 years. Re-read his post. McK had nothing to do with my response or the posters question. Jackson has two ST fairly recent and is trending up.

Who blew their mouth off lol. I think if they can win a game or two in the tourney that will be great and realistic. After that they still lack overall talent. But they have made great strides as a program this year.
Van, there’s always someone who likes to pee in your cornflakes.
I like where Mickey is taking the program. I see the effort that had been missing. Winning a tournament game would be nice and is possible. I see three underclassmen starters being a good core for next season. Being .500 or a little over is a realistic expectation for next year.