Federal League 2022-23

Bull GreenDog

With the start of the 2022-23 season only two months away, what are the expectations for the Federal League this year?

McKinley has to be the preseason favorite with how much they return. Graham and Foster are excellent players. IMO GlenOak, Green and Jackson should be contenders also. The Eagles were young last season and have a great scorer in Lipkins and a good coach with Hariston. Green has a huge frontcourt with Rollyson, Taylor and Bundalo, but the guards are unproven. Jackson lost a lot but still has Woolbert down low.

I think Green will be fine in the backcourt, although Martin and Oddo you just don't replace I think Adam they can. If there was even a hint of a weakness it was Adam. You also have the younger Martin now as a soph and we know he will be solid. Keeping Martin and Rollyson healthy through football will also be key. Green will be pretty good but a year away. McK is the hands down favorite but discipline basketball will always be their key. Green should only have 3 seniors this year and not sure how key they will be if at all but hopefully one finds their groove and makes some noise.

With the start of the 2022-23 season only two months away, what are the expectations for the Federal League this year?

McKinley has to be the preseason favorite with how much they return. Graham and Foster are excellent players. IMO GlenOak, Green and Jackson should be contenders also. The Eagles were young last season and have a great scorer in Lipkins and a good coach with Hariston. Green has a huge frontcourt with Rollyson, Taylor and Bundalo, but the guards are unproven. Jackson lost a lot but still has Woolbert down low.
Pretty sure Lipkins is now at CVCA

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Coach Debevec at Jackson already complaining in town that he has only 2 guys with varsity experience. He's also complaining to people in town that his big kid in the middle will be missing a few games to attend volleyball tournaments, but he can't say anything to the family or else he won't play basketball. By the way, kid is a stud volleyball player!! Lack of experience is his own fault. He sat younger kids to play seniors that simply weren't very good last year. Could be an interesting year for the Bears, but the schedule is very watered down.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Coach Debevec at Jackson already complaining in town that he has only 2 guys with varsity experience. He's also complaining to people in town that his big kid in the middle will be missing a few games to attend volleyball tournaments, but he can't say anything to the family or else he won't play basketball. By the way, kid is a stud volleyball player!! Lack of experience is his own fault. He sat younger kids to play seniors that simply weren't very good last year. Could be an interesting year for the Bears, but the schedule is very watered down.
This doesn't sound like a disgruntled parent at all

I think the Panthers will be much improved. How much remains to be seen. With the addition on an All Ohio player in the coaches son, who averaged 23 points a game, their leading scorer back in Joel Brown, 6-5 Luke Wolf, who came off the JV team as a freshman and was impressive, I hear Basham, the JV leading scorer two years ago, is coming back out after sitting out last year, mix in Toles’ younger brother and Kyson Walker, you just may have the making of a team that will be decent & improve as season goes on.

I think the Panthers will be much improved. How much remains to be seen. With the addition on an All Ohio player in the coaches son, who averaged 23 points a game, their leading scorer back in Joel Brown, 6-5 Luke Wolf, who came off the JV team as a freshman and was impressive, I hear Basham, the JV leading scorer two years ago, is coming back out after sitting out last year, mix in Toles’ younger brother and Kyson Walker, you just may have the making of a team that will be decent & improve as season goes on.
The coaches in the league are pretty high on Perry and are expecting them to be competitive. I'll be posting my full Federal League preview in the coming days.

I feel like there could be some struggles at the start of the season for Green, but I am hyped to see how this team will look by the end of the season.

This may be the biggest Federal league team since 2016-17 Jackson had Kyle Young and Logan Hill,. Green has a 6-9 sophomore forward with 2 D1 offers who hasn't even started his first high school game yet. And if Antonio is anything like his two older brothers on the court (and I have a feeling he will be) look out!

Teams are going to have a tough time matching up inside against the DAWGS. The gym on Boettler Road is going to be rocking all winter.

What coach would vote for a transfer as player of the year?
A transfer from 8th Grade? He has been there his entire High School Career Try Again.

I have been gone for three years and I can tell you Graham is the best pg in that Conference and best player and I only need to watch film to see that