Federal League 2022-23

With how well McKinley has been playing lately, and their advantage in the backcourt, I feel like the Pups have the upper hand on Friday. Green just can't seem to take care of the basketball. Rollyson may have to put up 30 again for Green to win.

Happy for GlenOak tonight. Going into Jackson and coming out with an overtime win is never easy.

Have to agree that this league winner may have 4 league losses. Its the ever tough FL. It's obviously up for grabs, any one of the 4 teams could win it. Likely to be shared. I like Greens chances as they are always the more disciplined team but McK finally seems to be trending in the right direction. Green can control their destiny with two very tough games left. Glenoak got things turned around lately and always nice to be playing good at the end of the season. Should be fun games left.

Have to agree that this league winner may have 4 league losses. Its the ever tough FL. It's obviously up for grabs, any one of the 4 teams could win it. Likely to be shared. I like Greens chances as they are always the more disciplined team but McK finally seems to be trending in the right direction. Green can control their destiny with two very tough games left. Glenoak got things turned around lately and always nice to be playing good at the end of the season. Should be fun games left.
Federal league is not tough
Suburban league national is tough.

Federal league is not tough
Suburban league national is tough.
"Brian".. I think its time you come clean here.. are you the suburban league commissioner Keith Walker? I mean I gotta give you credit man every single time I come on this app you are posting about the suburban league. If you arent Keith Walker he should hire you as his marketing guy.

With 2 games left, there's still 4 teams with a chance to be league champions.
MartinRPI just put the Strength of Schedule rankings back, so I thought I'd put those out here for informational purposes.
SOS: (Out of 198 teams)

Perry #14
McKinley #22
Hoover #30
Lake #64
Green #68
Glen Oak #75
Jackson #88

For those interested the SOS of the other 2 Stark County D1 teams:
Massillon #103
Louisville #141

When was the last time a Suburban League National school won a district title, a regional title, or a state title?
The Suburban League National was formed in 2015. Since then none of it's 7 teams have won a regional title in boys basketball or obviously a state championship.
I decided to look into this further. Since 2015, no Suburban League National team won a District Title in D1. That's an 8 year time period.
On the other hand since 2015, Federal League teams won a total of 9 District Titles.
Here's the breakdown of District Champs:
2022-Green
2021-Jackson and Hoover
2020-McKinley
2019-Green (Elite 8)
2018-Jackson
2017-Jackson (State Champion)
2016-McKinley (Elite 8)
2015-Lake

So in summary since 2015, 5 of the 7 Federal League teams have won a total of 9 District Titles.
None of the Suburban League National teams have won a District Title. In the interest of full disclosure, Suburban League American member Copley made it to the Elite 8 in 2018.

I decided to look into this further. Since 2015, no Suburban League National team won a District Title in D1. That's an 8 year time period.
On the other hand since 2015, Federal League teams won a total of 9 District Titles.
2022-Green
2021-Jackson and Hoover
2020-McKinley
2019-Green (Elite 8)
2018-Jackson
2016-McKinley (Elite 8)
2015-Lake

So in summary since 2015, 5 of the 7 Federal League teams have won a total of 9 District Titles.
None of the Suburban League National teams have won a District Title. In the interest of full disclosure, Suburban League American member Copley made it to the Elite 8 in 2018.
Excellent use of valid, truthful information.

I know Maxpreps is nowhere near perfect but
According to Maxpreps:

Green 36
GlenOak 52
Jackson 55
McKinley 113
Lake 189
Hoover 225
Perry 467

Brecksville-Broadview Hts 5
Stow 6
Nordonia 15
Wadsworth 82
Twinsburg 171
North Royalton 227
Hudson 384

Have to say Suburban is better this year.

I am a Green fan.

2022-Green
2021-Jackson and Hoover
2020-McKinley
2019-Green (Elite 8)
2018-Jackson
2016-McKinley (Elite 8)
2015-Lake

Great info. Thanks. Shuts the mouth of the Fed obsessed trolls.

2022-Green
2021-Jackson and Hoover
2020-McKinley
2019-Green (Elite 8)
2018-Jackson
2016-McKinley (Elite 8)
2015-Lake

What about since 2010?

Going back further, no SLN team won a district title in 2014 either, while Jackson and Lake played each other in the round of 16, which Lake won it OT to get to the Elite 8. However, in 2013, Brecksville made the final 8 and Nordonia and North Royalton both won their districts.

Therefore, the seven schools in the Suburban League National have managed to collectively go 9 seasons without a single district title.

What about since 2010?
Going back further, no SLN team won a district title in 2014 either, while Jackson and Lake played each other in the round of 16, which Lake won it OT to get to the Elite 8. However, in 2013, Brecksville made the final 8 and Nordonia and North Royalton both won their districts.

Therefore, the seven schools in the Suburban League National have managed to collectively go 9 seasons without a single district title.
Keep in mind that the Suburban League North didn't exist until 2015. It's easier to compare the two since 2015 because both conferences had 7 teams all playing in Division 1. From 2010 to 2014 the Suburban League had 9 different members, including Green. Several of those schools played in Division 2, like Tallmadge and Revere.

In 2013 of the 3 District Champs mentioned above only Nordonia was a member of the Suburban at the time. Brecksville was in the Southwestern Conference and North Royalton was in the Northeast Ohio Conference. The last time a team made the final four while being a member of the Suburban League was Manchester in 1974. They would go on to win the title in AA.

Yes, at this point in the 2023 season the SLA is a bit better than the FL. Long way to go, we'll see how it shakes out.

Keep in mind that the Suburban League North didn't exist until 2015. It's easier to compare the two since 2015 because both conferences had 7 teams all playing in Division 1. From 2010 to 2014 the Suburban League had 9 different members, including Green. Several of those schools played in Division 2, like Tallmadge and Revere.

In 2013 of the 3 District Champs mentioned above only Nordonia was a member of the Suburban at the time. Brecksville was in the Southwestern Conference and North Royalton was in the Northeast Ohio Conference. The last time a team made the final four while being a member of the Suburban League was Manchester in 1974. They would go on to win the title in AA.
Wadsworth in 1981?

Didn't East Canton win one last year? I think it was in either cross country or track
Marlington is the most recent of many recents for Stark County XC. Currently 2x defending state champions in D2 boys XC. EC boys XC went back-to-back in 2020 and 2021 in D3 and won 3 D3 track titles in a row from 2017-2019. Minerva girls XC struck D2 gold in 2021.

FRI 2/3
McKinley @ Green (WHBC.com Stream, Q92 Stream and Green Athletics YouTube)
Hoover @ Louisville (1480 WHBC on air)
Jackson @ Perry
GlenOak @ Lake