ESPN: First Actively Gay NFL Player

I could make the same argument regarding the definition of 'normal'. Who's to say what is normal? What you and I perceive to be normal, in certain cases, would be different. Although I'm sure we could establish some agreeable norms, hard as that may seem. In terms of the different sexual preferences that you reference, some are against the law. And supremely f#&@ed up, IMO. But we'll have to agree to disagree about homosexuality. And are humans trending toward acceptance of just about anything? Sure. But I'm not naïve enough to pretend that weird s*%t we've never even heard of as yet has been occurring in the shadows long before Gully got mad about gay folks.
I agree, good talk

Last edited:
College football is a favorite.
Stop saying things that make good sense.

There is nothing better than a college football Saturday.

When the Buckeyes go full woke, that will be the test of how much hypocrisy I can tolerate in myself. Lol.

I could make the same argument regarding the definition of 'normal'. Who's to say what is normal? What you and I perceive to be normal, in certain cases, would be different. Although I'm sure we could establish some agreeable norms, hard as that may seem. In terms of the different sexual preferences that you reference, some are against the law. And supremely f#&@ed up, IMO. But we'll have to agree to disagree about homosexuality. And are humans trending toward acceptance of just about anything? Sure. But I'm not naïve enough to pretend that weird s*%t we've never even heard of as yet has been occurring in the shadows long before Gully got mad about gay folks.
I think if we take the moral aspect, or what is perceived as "normal", then that's in the eye of the beholder.

If the subject is "natural", now we are into science, structure/function relationships, reproduction, etc. I think the bulk of that goes against the "homosexuality is natural" side, but they have their points.

To me, the real issue is more practical - is it healthy and good? I dont know what the exact numbers are now, but back in grad school I remember the average lifespan of a white gay male was 42 - 30 some years shorter than white heterosexual males. That low number is mostly due to higher rates of suicide and accidental death among younger gay males. Back then, we were also at the height of the AIDS epidemic.

However, there are several other important things to note about this particular group. They are the most sexually promiscuous segment of society. One prof, an MD who worked in an STD clinic, said that it was not uncommon for one of his patients to report 2000+ sexual partners that included very reckless behavior like anonymous sex. There are other tendencies toward other risky behaviors.

You package all of that together and being a gay male poses some very serious threats to health and life - in the macro and across the board. But the question is does that arise from simply being a gay male or is it because of external factors like loss of family relationships and social approval due to a lack of acceptance, among other things.

So, people can find reasons to land anywhere on the continuum between celebration and condemnation.

I think if we take the moral aspect, or what is perceived as "normal", then that's in the eye of the beholder.

If the subject is "natural", now we are into science, structure/function relationships, reproduction, etc. I think the bulk of that goes against the "homosexuality is natural" side, but they have their points.

To me, the real issue is more practical - is it healthy and good? I dont know what the exact numbers are now, but back in grad school I remember the average lifespan of a white gay male was 42 - 30 some years shorter than white heterosexual males. That low number is mostly due to higher rates of suicide and accidental death among younger gay males. Back then, we were also at the height of the AIDS epidemic.

However, there are several other important things to note about this particular group. They are the most sexually promiscuous segment of society. One prof, an MD who worked in an STD clinic, said that it was not uncommon for one of his patients to report 2000+ sexual partners that included very reckless behavior like anonymous sex. There are other tendencies toward other risky behaviors.

You package all of that together and being a gay male poses some very serious threats to health and life - in the macro and across the board. But the question is does that arise from simply being a gay male or is it because of external factors like loss of family relationships and social approval due to a lack of acceptance, among other things.

So, people can find reasons to land anywhere on the continuum between celebration and condemnation.
First, if there is higher rate of suicide in homosexuals it is because of stigma coming from people like those you describe in Berlin. Second, there is not much good research on differences between and heterosexual people in terms of promiscuity. There have been some surveys done and they show no material difference from what I can see. Rather than make some reckless claim backed up by a reference to “one guy said”, try using actual data to support your proclamations. Finally, I do find it interesting that you focus your attention on gay men. Are gay woman any different? Does Berlin treat gay woman differently than gay men?

Yeah Prov, companies totally never pander to the gay community. BTW, it’s funny this show is supposed to be pro LGBT, but it comes off looking like it was made by the Westboro Baptist Church.

Last edited:
First, if there is higher rate of suicide in homosexuals it is because of stigma coming from people like those you describe in Berlin. Second, there is not much good research on differences between and heterosexual people in terms of promiscuity. There have been some surveys done and they show no material difference from what I can see. Rather than make some reckless claim backed up by a reference to “one guy said”, try using actual data to support your proclamations. Finally, I do find it interesting that you focus your attention on gay men. Are gay woman any different? Does Berlin treat gay woman differently than gay men?
You’re really triggered that IV has been beotch slapping you ?

Yeah Prov, companies totally never pander to the gay community. BTW, it’s funny this show is supposed to be pro LGBT, but it comes off looking like it was made by the Westboro Baptist Church.

Well...companies pander to who the want to sell to, but you still have not answered the question. How would all those corporations pander to Nassib?

Well...companies pander to who the want to sell to, but you still have not answered the question. How would all those corporations pander to Nassib?
They don’t pander to one specific gay person, they pander to the broader community. Any way, he’s likely a Trump supporter, so I thought you’d hate him.

They don’t pander to one specific gay person, they pander to the broader community. Any way, he’s likely a Trump supporter, so I thought you’d hate him.
They pander to their customers. He did what he thought was best for him so that’s fine by me. Other than that, I don’t really care about the guy.

Disagree. I can not care about something, especially if it's someone's private affairs, and also not want to hear about it.
Maybe.... But not wanting to hear about something would more often mean that you don’t like it vs just being indifferent to it. It’s kind of common sense.

A person's sexuality. Unless I am interested in them romantically I don't care and don't really want to know which team they play for because it has no bearing on my relationship with them
So you would prefer not to know if given the choice or are you just indifferent? I would agree that it’s not really a point of interest but how do you benefit or feel better by not knowing? That seems super odd. “Gee Susan, please don’t tell me if you like boys or girls. I really don’t want to know”. Are you afraid of something?

So you would prefer not to know if given the choice or are you just indifferent? I would agree that it’s not really a point of interest but how do you benefit or feel better by not knowing? That seems super odd. “Gee Susan, please don’t tell me if you like boys or girls. I really don’t want to know”. Are you afraid of something?
Why would I have to benefit of feel better by not knowing something? Talk about odd. But I suppose someone as selfish as you would only look at things in terms of how they benefit you.

I think you're just trying too hard at this point to be argumentative.

Why would I have to benefit of feel better by not knowing something? Talk about odd. But I suppose someone as selfish as you would only look at things in terms of how they benefit you.

I think you're just trying too hard at this point to be argumentative.
Really I’m not. If you don’t want to know something there has to be a motive or driver for that decision. I’m just asking what the motive is?

I am indifferent. Don’t care one way or the other. Tell me if you want or don’t. I’m just curious what would drive the desire to request it not be shared?

Really I’m not. If you don’t want to know something there has to be a motive or driver for that decision. I’m just asking what the motive is?

I am indifferent. Don’t care one way or the other. Tell me if you want or don’t. I’m just curious what would drive the desire to request it not be shared?
Smells of desperate loneliness

But I'm not naïve enough to pretend that weird s*%t we've never even heard of as yet has been occurring in the shadows long before Gully got mad about gay folks.

What?

Again, if you have to falsify quotes and generally just make chit up about me, you're losing, bigly. I don't give a damn who you doink. Gays don't bother me in the slightest. Got it?

What bothers me is Moonbats attempting to normalize abnormal behavior. ITT, you and Proderp asserted homosexuality is normal because all the animals are doing it.

That's just stupid. Upon further consideration, and to his credit, he recanted his statement.

You should do the same.