Ellet Football 2012

Oh an BTW I often disagree with Nevergiveup BUT I also head that Ellet won the passing scrimmage and it was not as close as what he made it sound. I heard that from a reliable person FWIW

And who cares about a passing scrimamge anyways? Ellet will run the ball 95% of the time so teams should beat them in a passing scrimmage.

So why is there no chatter this close to the season?

I have heard that Fisher is the number one unless something crazy happens in the next few days. What is the plan with Williams if Fisher is indeed the QB? They should move him to a TE spot or somewhere they can use him...

So why is there no chatter this close to the season?

I have heard that Fisher is the number one unless something crazy happens in the next few days. What is the plan with Williams if Fisher is indeed the QB? They should move him to a TE spot or somewhere they can use him...

Isn't Brake at TE?

I saw them scrimmage for a very short time and it is going to be a LOOOOOONG year against the good teams - Tallmadge, Buchtel, Firestone....not sure who else they play. Dont see how they compete with those three at all.

I saw them scrimmage for a very short time and it is going to be a LOOOOOONG year against the good teams - Tallmadge, Buchtel, Firestone....not sure who else they play. Dont see how they compete with those three at all.

What do you mean!!!? Where is Ricks and all this awesome 2014 talent???:shrug: :stirthepot:

What do you mean!!!? Where is Ricks and all this awesome 2014 talent??? I know, Yost is sandbagging! :shrug: :stirthepot:

Injuries are piling up.

Edleman (rg) out for year with concussions.

Ricks (tb, de) out 3 to 4 weeks shoulder injury.

Meyers (db) out 3 to 4 weeks seperated shoulder.

Slack (de) may be done, knee from last year never healed properly.

Only scrimmage so far (Wadsworth/Hudson) was called after 1 series because of lightning.

Injuries are piling up.

Only scrimmage so far (Wadsworth/Hudson) was called after 1 series because of lightning.

The Ricks injury is huge for week two.

Injuries are piling up.

All this is rumors...... nice try.

No rumors, all facts. But it won't matter against you Springbillies. LOL

sorry for injuries, never want to see kids lose playing time in HS from injuries...
but in all seriousness it WILL matter against us Springbillies... but keep telling your self that if you need to, Ricks is/was the man over there this season and losing him for the battle for the shoe game evens the playing field even moreso, I cant wait for this one....

Saw the first half of the scrimmage at Barberton. Ellet scored a TD when each team had the ball for 10 plays. Barberton outscored them 20-6 during two quarters of game conditions. Magics were able to move the ball through the air (no surprise if you've followed Ellet for the last 34 yrs.:thumb:). One of those TD's was a pretty fortuitous catch right through the hands of an Ellet defender.

Nik Ricks was the biggest name not to play, not sure about Slack or any of the others. Was told 2 more weeks for Ricks.

Fisher and Williams got equal time in the first half. I'd have to give the edge to Fisher, seemed a little more in command and sure of himself. Both made some nice throws.

Typical Ellet size wise though they appeared a little quicker, especially on the d-line.

They won't beat Tallmadge, Buchtel or Firestone...Alliance who knows. Everything else could be winnable.

I like this team from what I saw compared to teams from the last several years. Not in terms in wins and losses so much but there was great effort, every kid was interested and they played with some enthusiasm and grit.

They are young. My expectations? I want to see them learn, improve and be better at the end of October than they are next week.

QB #10 was better of the two IMO. Barberton totally dominated I thought even though they threw two pics and Ellet couldn't capitalize on it. I seen a different version of Ellets d-line... did not pass rush worth a dam but they did stop the run. I was at the same scrimmage last year and thought they sucked as well and when they showed up at Springfield with the fab4 they turned out to be good. My kid was talking to Ricks... he said he might be playing game opener but for sure game two.

QB #10 was better of the two IMO. Barberton totally dominated I thought even though they threw two pics and Ellet couldn't capitalize on it. I seen a different version of Ellets d-line... did not pass rush worth a dam but they did stop the run. I was at the same scrimmage last year and thought they sucked as well and when they showed up at Springfield with the fab4 they turned out to be good. My kid was talking to Ricks... he said he might be playing game opener but for sure game two.

Fisher is #10.
"Totally dominated" might be overstating it just a tad but if that's how you saw it...That's why most folks don't put much credence into scrimmages.

Btw, the fab4 played at the B-town scrimmage last year.:thumb:

So you'll feel vindicated when you crush a young inexperienced team?
Congratulations now.

Wow!!!

2010 we had at least 8 sophomores start on Varsity. The team was young (10-0)
2011 we had about 11 or 12 juniors start on Varsity. The team was young according to you. (8-2)

This will just be their third year as starters, not our fault you team only has 5 seniors and not a lot of experience as juniors. Yost should have let the Fab 4 go somewhere else.

Wow!!!

2011 we had about 11 or 12 juniors start on Varsity. The team was young according to you. (8-2)

This will just be their third year as starters, not our fault you team only has 5 seniors and not a lot of experience as juniors. Yost should have let the Fab 4 go somewhere else.
:thumb:

Wow!!!

If the Fab 4 would have went somewhere else we probably would have lost to Tallmadge. As disappointing and overrated as the Fab 4 were, that one catch made it all worth wild.

Wow!!!

Congrats again, the Tallmadge football program is far superior to the one Joseph Yost runs. What do you want me to say, will that do?

I'm an adult, not interested in getting into some pissing contest over kids playing football. And it's not my team, my alma mater but not my team.

I support the Jackson Polar Bears, that's where my kids go to school. Know what I mean there GRPride?:thumb:

Congrats again, the Tallmadge football program is far superior to the one Joseph Yost runs. What do you want me to say, will that do?

I'm an adult, not interested in getting into some pissing contest over kids playing football. And it's not my team, my alma mater but not my team.

I support the Jackson Polar Bears, that's where my kids go to school. Know what I mean there GRPride?:thumb:

You sure let everyon know last year when Ellet won who's team it was:thumb: