Ellet Football 2012

You sure let everyon know last year when Ellet won who's team it was:thumb:

Refresh my memory please. I no doubt was happy they won the game, I don't however remember proclaiming, "We won, we won, we beat Tallmadge!"

I do more reading than posting on the old Yappster anymore, there's good reason for that.

Injuries are piling up.

Edleman (rg) out for year with concussions.

Ricks (tb, de) out 3 to 4 weeks shoulder injury.

Meyers (db) out 3 to 4 weeks seperated shoulder.

Slack (de) may be done, knee from last year never healed properly.

Only scrimmage so far (Wadsworth/Hudson) was called after 1 series because of lightning.

Add Brake (wr) to this list. Mono

Five starters and three team leaders down, some kids are going to have to step up.

Congrats again, the Tallmadge football program is far superior to the one Joseph Yost runs. What do you want me to say, will that do?

I'm an adult, not interested in getting into some pissing contest over kids playing football. And it's not my team, my alma mater but not my team.

I support the Jackson Polar Bears, that's where my kids go to school. Know what I mean there GRPride?:thumb:

What that whole post was for, was to prove that young teams can win.

Nobody saying anything about being superior except you. I just think using the excuse of a team being young flies.

And again, if Yost doesn't bring in the Fab 4, which really didn't get Ellet anywhere, he would have had 4 positions with a year under their belt.

Last edited:
How did Craig Dutton make it into the Ellet HS hall of fame last night. When he played he wasn't even all-city. President of the booster club. Go figure.

In his senior year Ellet was 3-4 in the city series and 5-5 overall. His junior year Ellet was 3-4 in the CS and 6-4 overall. Sounds like HOF numbers to me.

Hey Dscoop, from what i hear Barker is in the weight room everyday....campano is no were to be found. I agree with Nevergiveup,there line will be solid and they have great options to throw to. I don't know much about ricks other than what i hear but the so called "Delivery Man" won't be remebered if this kid lives up to his hype. This 2014 is looking promising. Dont sleep on them cause they have been under the radar!

Last edited:
Good luck tonight Ellet. Play this game first for yourselves, for the coaching staff, for the six seniors, for the fans, for the community and for all the years of frustation.

Good luck in the game tonight Orangemen. First play the game for yourself, for the coaches, for the six seniors, for the fans, for the Ellet community and for all the years of frustation. This is one you will never forget.

Last edited:
Good luck to the Orangemen tonight. First play for yourselves, play for the coaches, play for the six seniors, play for the fans, play for the community and play for all the years of frustation.